Calgary Transit

kevlo86

10 hours ago, D40LF said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I once did a high school run in a D40LF and had over ninety people on the bus. They were so packed in I had trouble opening the doors when I got to the school. I complained to control and pressed the button to film the interior, I even left students behind as I could not fit anymore on. When I got back to the garage I was called into dispatch to speak to control over the phone. I thought I was in trouble as control had said not to leave any students behind, but they only wanted a report. Seems this had been on ongoing issue but I was the first operator to notify control. Two days later there was a second bus on the run and I got a thank you.

Hah, feels like being a NW commuter. Feels like this happens almost weekly on route 82, both AM and PM. It runs like clockwork, if a trip is missed or if a 40ft is dispatched on an artic (even on the 702/782/819), then whoever missed that bus spills onto the next, already damn near full trip. I can’t count how many days I’ve seen ops play “How many high schoolers can I fit on a Novabus”, and we already know how awful Nova climate control is, so it gets tropical inside them. Lots of days where the doors can’t be physically opened because of crowding.

82’s high score is 80 on a 40 foot bus (as far as I know).

11 hours ago, D40LF said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I once did a high school run in a D40LF and had over ninety people on the bus. They were so packed in I had trouble opening the doors when I got to the school. I complained to control and pressed the button to film the interior, I even left students behind as I could not fit anymore on. When I got back to the garage I was called into dispatch to speak to control over the phone. I thought I was in trouble as control had said not to leave any students behind, but they only wanted a report. Seems this had been on ongoing issue but I was the first operator to notify control. Two days later there was a second bus on the run and I got a thank you.

What CT really needs for school routes is those old tandem-rear-axle Crown Supercoach school buses that could seat 97 people. Two of those on the 746 might make mornings more pleasant for a lot of kids at Crescent Heights ?

8424 has one of these exterior cameras installed on top of the front door that faces towards the back, something similar to the ones 6064 has, albeit a newer model one. If you look closely, there’s a small monitor installed for the operator to look at beside the CCTV camera facing towards the front.

I’m curious if these are being installed as a trial or will be a thing for all buses, but from what I know this as well a 2014 XD60 has one of these installed on them at this time.

3E50F3F2-F6D3-46B1-A8F5-A37F48E803A8.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, R. Meu said:

8424 has one of these exterior cameras installed on top of the front door that faces towards the back, something similar to the ones 6064 has, albeit a newer model one. If you look closely, there’s a small monitor installed for the operator to look at beside the CCTV camera facing towards the front.

I’m curious if these are being installed as a trial or will be a thing for all buses, but from what I know this as well a 2014 XD60 has one of these installed on them at this time.

3E50F3F2-F6D3-46B1-A8F5-A37F48E803A8.jpeg

I believe either 6087 or 6084 has one, can’t remember which one.

There are retroactive frequency improvements from Oct. 10 for Route 8, in addition to those on MAX Orange and Yellow that we’ve previously discussed on the forum. 

Also, Route 157 is listed as West Dover/Forest Lawn but they probably meant to reference one of the Stoney Industrial shuttles. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Calgary transit fan said:

Cool, do you at least remember the year the bus was made in?

Sorry all that info would be in my daytimers. As I could easily have driven ten buses a week, more if I changed them off, it becomes a little hard to remember specifics about what bus I drove on what day.

• Sad 1

So I decided to check my photos to see if I had photographed any of the buses I drove on my birthday, seems I only took photos in 2011 (was a Saturday so worked out of VP) with 7936 on route 10 (photo taken at Anderson) and 7951 on route 4 (photo taken in the core).

The schedules for the winter service revision are now visible on Calgary Transit's website.

This also means the schedules for Christmas and New Year's Eve are available for viewing too.

On Dec. 25, it's a Sunday-lite service, with Red and Blue lines operating, plus bus routes 1, 3, 8, 9, 14, 23, 38, 43, 100, 300, 301, 302, 303, 303, 304, 306 and 307.

• Is Route 23 new to the Christmas service roster? I don't recall seeing that one before.
  • Bus routes on Dec. 25 appear to be operating their normal Sunday spans and frequencies. No oddball headways, truncated hours or bonus extended nighttime service on Max Teal as in past years.
  • CTrain service still drops to 30-minute headways after a certain hour in the evening.

On Dec. 31, extended late-night service returns on the following routes:

• Both CTrains lines, every 16 minutes.
  • Bus routes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 22, 301, 302, 303, 304, 306 and 307. (Beware this feature/bug on the Transit website: For buses whose final departures at/around 3 a.m. are from the end of their lines, they are displayed as an early departure on Sunday morning as opposed to being the last trip on Saturday night.)
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, downbeat said:

The schedules for the winter service revision are now visible on Calgary Transit's website.

This also means the schedules for Christmas and New Year's Eve are available for viewing too.

On Dec. 25, it's a Sunday-lite service, with Red and Blue lines operating, plus bus routes 1, 3, 8, 9, 14, 23, 38, 43, 100, 300, 301, 302, 303, 303, 304, 306 and 307.

• Is Route 23 new to the Christmas service roster? I don't recall seeing that one before.
  • Bus routes on Dec. 25 appear to be operating their normal Sunday spans and frequencies. No oddball headways, truncated hours or bonus extended nighttime service on Max Teal as in past years.
  • CTrain service still drops to 30-minute headways after a certain hour in the evening.

On Dec. 31, extended late-night service returns on the following routes:

• Both CTrains lines, every 16 minutes.
  • Bus routes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 22, 301, 302, 303, 304, 306 and 307. (Beware this feature/bug on the Transit website: For buses whose final departures at/around 3 a.m. are from the end of their lines, they are displayed as an early departure on Sunday morning as opposed to being the last trip on Saturday night.)

The 23 must be new this year, It wasn't apart of the Christmas service that they had last year from what I remember.

• Like 1

In Calgary Transit's summary of winter service changes, here's what is says for Route 14:

Mid-day frequency has been increased to every 22 minutes.

For the Summer 2022 changes, it said:

evening frequency every 15 minutes

Neither of these has come to pass. The new schedules still show a headway of 30 minutes for weekday midday and evenings.