Random photos

Cathay 888

Thanks for the info! I hoped I would be able to try some fanning today but thanks to the miserable weather that kind of crashed and burned, so I'll have to take a raincheck on that. Got to the airport before I realized I shouldn't have wasted my time. -_-:P

One thing - does the A380 land in Toronto every day or on certain days? Emirates' flight schedule Dubai - Toronto indicates landings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but your post didn't indicate if such was still the case (and Google's flight tracker indicates the same flight taking off from Dubai tomorrow, unless if they use a smaller aircraft for that, although I can't imagine why they would...) It would be greatly convenient if it landed every day, especially on weekends.

Also, which runways see 747s landing? I literally cannot find that information anywhere.

One thing - does the A380 land in Toronto every day or on certain days? Emirates' flight schedule Dubai - Toronto indicates landings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but your post didn't indicate if such was still the case...

Yes it did: :)

The only A380 operator to Pearson is Emirates, and their A380 arrives/departs MWF at 15:05/19:40 respectively.

Also, which runways see 747s landing? I literally cannot find that information anywhere.

747s will, 99% of the time, land on 05/23 (again, like I said in my post). The only remaining regularly scheduled 747 service you'll see is KLM, daily around 1500/1835, although there has been an Air Charter 747 sneaking around CYYZ a few days this month.

[/b]

Yes it did: :)

Oh, that's what it stood for!!! Not that good with acronyms, as you can tell! :P

daily around 1500/1835,

Sounds great, it will coincide with the A380 quite nicely. Thanks!

(Sorry, I didn't catch any references to 747s in your initial post.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, that's what it stood for!!! Not that good with acronyms, as you can tell! :P

Sounds great, it will coincide with the A380 quite nicely. Thanks!

(Sorry, I didn't catch any references to 747s in your initial post.)

I really hate to be a bother with all these questions, but I tried for some plane fanning again today and it again failed because of the winds, and I had nothing on me to consult alternate runway usages.

Do the 747s and A380s land at Pearson on holidays? If so, I plan to give it another shot on Good Friday.

I really hate to be a bother with all these questions, but I tried for some plane fanning again today and it again failed because of the winds, and I had nothing on me to consult alternate runway usages.

Do the 747s and A380s land at Pearson on holidays? If so, I plan to give it another shot on Good Friday.

Yes, there's still the daily KLM 747s and the MWF A380. Even on holidays.

• Board Admin

Not my photo:

8278_10151382387253981_644410856_n.jpg

Congratulations to Boeing and China as they celebrate the delivery of the 1,000th Boeing airplane to China, a Next-Generation 737-800 with sky interior and painted in a special peacock livery for China Eastern Yunnan Airlines. The plane was delivered from Boeing Field in Seattle on March 28, 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went over to Renforth & 427 today to do a bit of fanning. Rather disappointed by the variety, the highlight would have to be the Westjet 737-700, which is what I wanted to see.

aircanada1.png

aircanada2.png

aircanada3.png

aircanada4.png

aircanada5.png

aircanada6.png

aircanada7.png

westjet1.png

Next I'm quite interested in seeing the Cargolux 747-8, as indicated in the schedule below.

cargolux_schedule.png

Does anyone know which runways this one takes off from?

It has a 10.8k ft minimum take-off run.

Read this, page 384 at the top. You decide ;)

That 10.8k ft is at MTOW. I doubt a flight to NYC would be at MTOW, so your best bet is to have a look at the winds before you head out to the airport.

Even though I doubt it will be at MTOW, your best bet is would probably be 05/23 or 15L/33R, again, check which runways are in use before you set out.

That 10.8k ft is at MTOW. I doubt a flight to NYC would be at MTOW, so your best bet is to have a look at the winds before you head out to the airport.

Even though I doubt it will be at MTOW, your best bet is would probably be 05/23 or 15L/33R, again, check which runways are in use before you set out.

You're right, it is at MTOW, but it's still a good indication. One could also just use a radio scanner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, can you imagine the price of those tickets. I can barely afford to fly now, and they want see through planes with vitamin enriched aromatherapy and interactive games. Sheesh !!! I love the idea, but the price will be out of this world. Nevermind that in 40 years I will be 94, so it's not like I will be jetting around enjoying this anyway. :P