Hybrid Spottings and News

kevlo86

• 3 months later...
  • Board Admin
Does 6002 still have the blue ETS seats, tv's and other upgrades?

Pretty sure it does, but haven't been on it.

Pardon my question: are the Orion hybrids still kicking around?

(apparently they were up until at least April).

Yes they are still around. One had been sitting out of service for a long time, I think due for battery replacement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

6005 and 6006 might be done.

It's refurb time for the 2007 D40LFR's, and I can only imagine that would mean it was time for something to happen with those 2 oddballs as well, and when you have 100+ XD's coming in, I can only imagine the simplest option is to retire them rather then refurb 2 relatively unfamiliar buses. 

It's been 3 weeks since they regularly ran (except for a brief escape for 6005 on the 20th), and they haven't shown up on the 2 days of weekday service in September yet.

Time will tell I guess. I'd hazard a guess they might be stored inside Tent C at Ferrier.

• 2 months later...

I never did post it here, but 6005 was sitting in a bay at Paterson for 3-4 weeks. Missing wheels, farebox in tact and it looked like part of a body panel missing. It looked like there was at least a chance she was getting some mid-life work done.

Well, she returned to service this morning and was back out in the afternoon. 6001 has been MIA for a few days. Last I saw it was sitting inside of Ferrier in the same location an Orion was just before 6005 showed up in Paterson. 

6005 felt a bit smoother and just seemed "quicker". I can't say for sure if body work was done, but I had speculated at the time that with Ellerslie doing a lot of bodywork, it could have been drive train work in Paterson.

ETS does power train and body refurbs separately on an as needed basis around the midlife of the bus. 
What's up with 6001 I'm not sure. It's too early to tell. Given 6001 had an significant accident early in life, the bus might not need as body refurb as early.

DSC09680.thumb.jpg.92276ea38e677942253a31e4b14fb2d8.jpgDSC09686.thumb.jpg.60ca5429ea2b8e7e9d607697aa69f6a8.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/12/2018 at 6:14 PM, M. Parsons said:

I never did post it here, but 6005 was sitting in a bay at Paterson for 3-4 weeks. Missing wheels, farebox in tact and it looked like part of a body panel missing. It looked like there was at least a chance she was getting some mid-life work done.

Well, she returned to service this morning and was back out in the afternoon. 6001 has been MIA for a few days. Last I saw it was sitting inside of Ferrier in the same location an Orion was just before 6005 showed up in Paterson. 

6005 felt a bit smoother and just seemed "quicker". I can't say for sure if body work was done, but I had speculated at the time that with Ellerslie doing a lot of bodywork, it could have been drive train work in Paterson.

ETS does power train and body refurbs separately on an as needed basis around the midlife of the bus. 
What's up with 6001 I'm not sure. It's too early to tell. Given 6001 had an significant accident early in life, the bus might not need as body refurb as early.

DSC09680.thumb.jpg.92276ea38e677942253a31e4b14fb2d8.jpgDSC09686.thumb.jpg.60ca5429ea2b8e7e9d607697aa69f6a8.jpg

While I haven't rode on 6001 for a while, I do remember seeing it sometime in 2019.