Jump to content

Today's Special Sightings


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, CJ. said:

Ttc

7047 on 43 (training)

False cause 7047 is on Warden Avenue not on Kennedy Rd and it didn't go up Kennedy Road today. Ik that it didn't went up Kennedy Rd is because i was looking on TransSee and saw 7047 didn't use Kennedy Rd.

Correction: 7047 is just doing training bus around Scarborough and East York today

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ilovettc said:

and it didn't went up Kennedy Road today.

I want to know how you know this. TransSee vehicle history won't show you any random place the vehicle was at while not signed in, so are you saying you just so happened to be watching 7047, out of all possible units, on TranSee all day?

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ilovettc said:

MiWay: 2375 (Articulated Bus) did 3 Bloor/70 Keaton this afternoon
TTC: 8071 on route 47 Lansdowne right now

60ft buses on the 3/70 route is quite common, with Route 3 frequently receiving allocations of articulated buses. Given the high demand on the 3, the use of 60ft buses is not considered unusual. The 70 Keaton route similarly sees regular service from 60ft buses. Back during September-December 2022, route 70 was ran by articulated buses everyday.

Brampton Transit XDE40 was being used for an event earlier today at Yorkdale mall. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CJ. said:

If only you put as much effort in school…

 

I guess you got unlucky this time you weren’t able to track 7047 when it was on 43 (south) around 10:40AM. Saw it on kennedy road (haha) Also FYI, training buses are almost never signed in routes. This makes tracking nearly impossible for training buses when on routes unless you happen to see it in person. This also includes buses from the same division training on the same division route. (Had to point that out judging by your weird assumptions)

If there wasn't photo proof of 4604 entering service on the 17th we'd probably be hearing about how that's fake too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, The Squishy Bus said:

Why bother posting if we all think you're annoying? I'm sorry to be rude, but please stop posting and get out of CPTDB. You just piss a lot of us off, and give us a bad reputation by foaming over a damn Nova being on a certain route. 

Please stop being super rude towards me and if you have nothing nice to say to me then don't say it. Treat others the way you should be treated.

  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ilovettc said:

Please stop being super rude towards me and if you have nothing nice to say to me then don't say it. Treat others the way you should be treated.

And if you have NOTHING good to contribute (like that picture above) don't post just to up your post count on this board while skipping out on your school assignment inside your family's basement just to look for online attention.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we please just have a civil conversation on this topic? I miss the days where everyone would post their meaningful sightings on this sub. If anyone wants to know how that looked. Go back to the 2016-2019 era and see how everyone was contributing information. I think everyone has had enough of Joey Chan (aka) ilovettc on this fourm. Can he just be banned now? He’s caused so many pointless arguments on this fourm. Now let’s please just move on from now.


MiWay 238x was on the 90 this morning. Tracker wasn’t activated. Driver friend was operating the bus.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok this is getting out of hand. If you have an issue with another member, please report it to the admins rather than blowing up the forum with these altercations. It really doesn't look good. Calling other members out and wanting them banned shouldn't be happening either so please refrain from doing that. Again, there is a report button for a reason. I strongly suggest that you review the Posting Etiquette and make sure that we all comply with the rules of this forum. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CJ. said:

TTC 8833 38B Highland Creek

1625 on “85S Sheppard east to Scarborough centre” (not sure if it’s actually a 985 using the wrong sign or not..

There used to be the 85G SHEPPARD EAST to Scarborough Centre via Brimley signs many years ago. That branch was created as a replacement to the former 190 CITY CENTRE EXPRESS in 1992 without the local stops, which lasted until 2002 when the SHEPPARD SUBWAY opened and the 190 SCARBOROUGH CENTRE ROCKET (replaced the 85E "Rouge Hill GO Station Express" and 85G "Brimley" branches) was born. Today, the 190 still exists today as the 985A.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

There used to be the 85G SHEPPARD EAST to Scarborough Centre via Brimley signs many years ago. That branch was created as a replacement to the former 190 CITY CENTRE EXPRESS in 1992 without the local stops, which lasted until 2002 when the SHEPPARD SUBWAY opened and the 190 SCARBOROUGH CENTRE ROCKET (replaced the 85E "Rouge Hill GO Station Express" and 85G "Brimley" branches) was born. Today, the 190 still exists today as the 985A.

Thanks for the history lesson but most historical signs are wiped and replaced when they stop using them and there wouldn't be a good reason to short turn at STC anyways. 85S to STC must be a recently created sign.

Now the strange stuff. 1625 was on route 600 run 46 which does a scheduled trip on the 902 to Centennial College. Who knew they have trackable scheduled RAD buses now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Thanks for the history lesson but most historical signs are wiped and replaced when they stop using them and there wouldn't be a good reason to short turn at STC anyways. 85S to STC must be a recently created sign.

Now the strange stuff. 1625 was on route 600 run 46 which does a scheduled trip on the 902 to Centennial College. Who knew they have trackable scheduled RAD buses now. 

When did the trip end? It may have just came in with the wrong sign at STC while deadheading to Warden but I did see passengers come off and it was displaying the generic 85S SHORT TURN sign, not Scarborough ctr, my bad if it sounded like that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Now the strange stuff. 1625 was on route 600 run 46 which does a scheduled trip on the 902 to Centennial College. Who knew they have trackable scheduled RAD buses now. 

All the 301 shuttles use 600 run numbers but are trackable on route as well, interesting that they have one on the 902 as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CJ. said:

When did the trip end? It may have just came in with the wrong sign at STC while deadheading to Warden but I did see passengers come off and it was displaying the generic 85S SHORT TURN sign, not Scarborough ctr, my bad if it sounded like that 

I actually saw a similar-ish occurrence last board at STC.  There was a McN op on the 939 that pulled up to the platform displaying a generic 39S FINCH EAST SHORT TURN telling passengers the bus would short turn at Kennedy.  My guess is that the op didn't know the (or if there was a) 939S code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Now the strange stuff. 1625 was on route 600 run 46 which does a scheduled trip on the 902 to Centennial College. Who knew they have trackable scheduled RAD buses now. 

A lot of the weekday 600s start by doing some sort of scheduled tripper before beginning RAD service.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wil9402 said:

A lot of the weekday 600s start by doing some sort of scheduled tripper before beginning RAD service.

Yes they do school trippers and stuff like that but they aren’t included in the next bus schedules till very recently.

Whether they are actually trackable depends if the op keeps them signed in on those runs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2023 at 4:07 PM, TTC7447 said:

I actually saw a similar-ish occurrence last board at STC.  There was a McN op on the 939 that pulled up to the platform displaying a generic 39S FINCH EAST SHORT TURN telling passengers the bus would short turn at Kennedy.  My guess is that the op didn't know the (or if there was a) 939S code.

That would mean it was a 985. Looks like the 900 series express routes don't have short turn signs, except for 939S sign which was made quite recently after the route extension (pretty bad one too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...