Today's Special Sightings

**YRT TransSee**
575 on AM 86 Newkirk-Red Maple. This is extremely RARE to get on this route because Southeast does not trust their drivers to do a U-Turn near Bernard Terminal as a 2005-2010 D40LF and the 86 will get anything newer that 2011 models. 

9 minutes ago, ilovettc said:

I am Serious 

575 on 86.png

I mean this part when you said “ This is extremely RARE to get on this route because Southeast does not trust their drivers to do a U-Turn near Bernard Terminal as a 2005-2010 D40LF and the 86 will get anything newer that 2011 models.”What is your source on this?

6 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

I mean this part when you said “ This is extremely RARE to get on this route because Southeast does not trust their drivers to do a U-Turn near Bernard Terminal as a 2005-2010 D40LF and the 86 will get anything newer that 2011 models.”What is your source on this?

You don't know anything about YRT what YRT routes are banned from getting 2005-2010 D40LF. For sure 86 will NEVER get those types of buses due to the U-Turn & @Joshuamumblewith @Gamer Studiosknows that they are banned from getting 2005-2010 D40LF on 86.

51 minutes ago, ilovettc said:

You don't know anything about YRT what YRT routes are banned from getting 2005-2010 D40LF. For sure 86 will NEVER get those types of buses due to the U-Turn & @Joshuamumblewith @Gamer Studiosknows that they are banned from getting 2005-2010 D40LF on 86.

I know I'm not an admin but let me say this:

You shouldn't be putting down other members like that. If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Plus, you need to do a better job of validating your sources for your information and to start respecting those who do provide valid information because honestly, they really don't have to. It's this type of behaviour that makes members that have been on this board for many years leave because they don't feel like they are being respected. That's all I'm gonna say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ilovettc said:

Are you sure about this? I don’t think there’s much of a difference in turning radiuses

• Like 3

On 3/27/2023 at 11:34 AM, FinchtheTTCfan said:

Are you sure about this? I don’t think there’s much of a difference in turning radiuses

There sure is a difference in turning radius.

When there is a sharp turn or UTurn, it's much harder to do in a New Flyer D40LF as opposed to a Novabus or Van Hool.

Source: I used to be an operator/inspector. I got stuck at Rutherford GO as an operator when it was under construction because I didn't turn early enough in a D40LF whereas the turn would have easily been cleared in a Van Hool/LFS. I had to move a whole bunch of pylons to complete the turn. An entire rush hour load of passengers watching me in the parking lot play Jenga with the pylons LOL.

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, Gamer Studios said:

9085 on 939B

20230327_175956.jpg

We were told by division supervisors (at least Miller) that oldies arent really to be used on route 86.

9085 is special cause STC is under construction...the bay 939 serves isnt intended for artics if im not mistaken atm

Looking at that picture you can see that the bus bay has been extended to fit an artic bus. The bus does not hang out onto another bay. 39/939 randomly get artic extras at times so it's not super special. It's somewhat special only.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ilovettc said:

**TTC TransSee**
3716 was doing Line 1 Shuttle Bus from Finch Station to Sheppard-Yonge Station due to a signal problem but tracking as a 36 Finch West.

Yea cause thats totally rare 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1