Jump to content

Today's Special Sightings


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PrimeTio said:

Not rare, route 11 gets express daily, since some express Xcelsiors are stationed at Malton.

Maybe it's not rare for you but it is rare for me because this is something I physically saw myself and I've never seen a MiExpress on the 11 before which is probably because I don't fan or ride MiWay very often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As mention before, a MiExpress bus on the 11 is pretty common. In fact MiExpress buses on MiLocal routes has been common for some years now. It really defeated the purpose of having two different livery. 

It's like having an airport wrap bus on a route other than the 900.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

As mention before, a MiExpress bus on the 11 is pretty common. In fact MiExpress buses on MiLocal routes has been common for some years now. It really defeated the purpose of having two different livery. 

It's like having an airport wrap bus on a route other than the 900.

I understand what you guys are saying but that's not the point that I was trying to make.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malton garage currently has 11 express XD40's (1301-1310 and 1708), but only 2 express runs on weekdays on the 107 this board. 

Because malton has so many extra express buses, they have been dispatching them on the 11 on weekdays. Look at the first 6 weekday runs on the 11, they almost always have express XD40's on them. They often dispatch some on other malton local routes as well, but 11 is the most common.

imo the only miway sightings worth posting in this thread are 60ft buses on 40ft runs, 06's on express routes (excluding 107), orion/nova hybrids on express routes, and maybe 03's on express routes. I would not consider any other miway sightings special. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 81-717 said:

Another one (excuse the poor quality). Is there a reason this is happening more often now?

20220615_182205.jpg

Malvern has a high number of RAD crews this board, therefore seeing their buses subbing in when a crew is missing is pretty likely

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was at least 1 or 2 Arrow LFS hybrid RADs on the 960  STEELES WEST EXPRESS this morning. I saw one around 6:30a heading west near Martin Grove. I noticed this one too late to catch the number. The next one I saw was crossing Kipling, heading eastbound. I was approaching Steeles as it crossed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miway 1794 had departed Renforth Stn as a 39 W  BRITANNIA  just as I was getting ready to pull around for my eastbound trip on the TTC 32

TTC 3562 was on the 32A EGLINTON WEST, heading west this afternoon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, bus_7246 said:

Miway 1794 had departed Renforth Stn as a 39 W  BRITANNIA  just as I was getting ready to pull around for my eastbound trip on the TTC 32

TTC 3562 was on the 32A EGLINTON WEST, heading west this afternoon

Artics on the 39 isn’t really rare. It’s been happening a lot now due to a crush load of passengers on that route. Same goes with the 35 Eglinton that’s also busy due to a crush load of passengers. Artics on the 8 Cawthra as well aren’t rare because of the school on that route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Artics on the 39 isn’t really rare. It’s been happening a lot now due to a crush load of passengers on that route.

Yup. As you mentioned, there are a couple of busy trips that may get assigned artics (when extras are available) to deal with passenger capacity. It's been a semi-regular occurrance for a number of years - I even managed tracked down 0884 waaaay back in 2018 (remember those pre-COVID times???), so it's not a recent development. It may be more common nowadays since route 26 is no longer regularly assigned artics.

26347797237_577a47c6a4.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Yup. As you mentioned, there are a couple of busy trips that may get assigned artics (when extras are available) to deal with passenger capacity. It's been a semi-regular occurrance for a number of years - I even managed tracked down 0884 waaaay back in 2018 (remember those pre-COVID times???), so it's not a recent development. It may be more common nowadays since route 26 is no longer regularly assigned artics.

26347797237_577a47c6a4.jpg

The 26 did receive Artics daily for the 1:08PM Eastbound trip on weekdays (and other trips). But the 1:08pm was my operator friend asking relocation because the idiots up in management wouldn’t send artics on the 26 even though it’s completely standing room on that route. That 1:08pm trip doesn’t get artics now since that person is off for sometime. Next board change which is on the 27th should hopefully fix something regards to all the routes in Mississauga, but I highly doubt it will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

sometimes there are glitches on the tracking.  

It was a known issue yesterday of buses appearing on routes yet the bus wasn't on that route.  The TTC told me the issue was fixed late last night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BusDude said:

It was a known issue yesterday of buses appearing on routes yet the bus wasn't on that route.  The TTC told me the issue was fixed late last night

It was glitchy today otherwise BYD buses were running on Queensway routes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...