Today's Special Sightings

1 hour ago, TTC7447 said:

TTC 3109 on 91 Woodbine.  Spotted at 2:54pm.

I’ve been seeing at least two Birchmount buses a day on this route between 2-4 pm lately.  Is it safe to assume these are school trippers?

I know for sure Birchmount has 1 tripper on 91, don't know about the second

22 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

I know for sure Birchmount has 1 tripper on 91, don't know about the second

There were two school specials on 91 for Milne Valley Middle School. 1 from Birchmount (went onto 24 after) and 1 from Eglinton (stayed on 91 after). Both runs haven't operated since the end of the May/June board period. I don't think there are any scheduled school specials at the moment. They are being covered by RADs for the most part, which would likely explain these Birchmount RADs on 91.

Similarly, 3530 was on 116 this morning. Malvern seems to be providing at least one RAD for 116 during AM peak regularly these days. I would assume this is to help with the increased ridership form the amount of students that use the route.

Also, 3734 was spotted eastbound on the 401 just past Victoria Park around 10:30am today.

11 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

There were two school specials on 91 for Milne Valley Middle School. 1 from Birchmount (went onto 24 after) and 1 from Eglinton (stayed on 91 after). Both runs haven't operated since the end of the May/June board period. I don't think there are any scheduled school specials at the moment. They are being covered by RADs for the most part, which would likely explain these Birchmount RADs on 91.

I know what you're talking about.  These were specially designated "91D via Sunrise" over 10 years ago when I was a student there before the 91F via Railside route was renumbered to 91D.  My sibling attends Milne Valley now.  When I go to pick him up, I see the Birchmount buses go by seven minutes & one minute respectively before school ends which is why I've been wondering whether or not these are actually school trippers or RAD buses.

15 hours ago, wil9402 said:

Similarly, 3530 was on 116 this morning. Malvern seems to be providing at least one RAD for 116 during AM peak regularly these days. I would assume this is to help with the increased ridership form the amount of students that use the route.

Also, 3734 was spotted eastbound on the 401 just past Victoria Park around 10:30am today.

that is correct. No school trip buses scheduled at the moment.  RAD buses are used to cover school trips.

• Thanks 1