new.flyer.408

Today's Special Sightings

Just now, Someguy3071 said:

Steeles at Kennedy 

Is it something to do with the railroad crossing as mentioned in the second tweet from TTC Helps?

There you go. No issues with passing that construction zone but that traffic is creating issues with railway crossing. Cars keep cutting off buses to get ahead a few feet and buses end up getting stuck on the tracks. 

11 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

No, it’s from Silver Star to Kennedy across Steeles. The construction is due upgrades to Milliken GO Station. It’s not just at Kennedy.

What exactly are you arguing here? Are you trying to be the smartest one on this board? 

What is creating all the traffic and causing problems is happening right at Kennedy where two westbound lanes are closed. The rest of construction is taking place on the north side of Steeles right up to Silver Star where parking lots used to be and it's not interfering with traffic. 

10 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

What exactly are you arguing here? Are you trying to be the smartest one on this board? 

What is creating all the traffic and causing problems is happening right at Kennedy where two westbound lanes are closed. The rest of construction is taking place on the north side of Steeles right up to Silver Star where parking lots used to be and it's not interfering with traffic. 

What ludacris concepts are you inquiring, you made a locational mistake, all I did was correct it, I don’t you’re getting all rowdy about it. 

28 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

What ludacris concepts are you inquiring, you made a locational mistake, all I did was correct it, I don’t you’re getting all rowdy about it. 

Westbound lanes are blocked right at Kennedy intersection due to construction. Everything east of that it's not on road so it's not blocking anything. As I said Kennedy and Steeles is where construction is blocking the lanes. Any construction that is not blocking the lanes is in relevant. Maybe a little picture will clear things up for you. Red box is the construction where the lanes are blocked, yellow box is construction north of the road where nothing is blocked. Screenshot_20200126-113407__01.thumb.jpg.1310ca59c1fb99b2402a6a6b85cb07df.jpg

With this now being the second consecutive weekday where the construction on Steeles has prevented the operation of artics on the 953, I think it's fairly safe to say that for the foreseeable future, there will be a significant number of Malvern artics operating on routes other than the ones normally assigned them (i.e. 134/913, 953, 985). I'd recommend that any further sightings like this after today should go to the Today's Sightings topic instead.

Anyone know if any RAD from any division went on the 53/953 today?

8 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

1080 appears to be on 7 according to tracker. I am also pretty sure I saw an OG on Bathurst so that’s probably it.

it was a RAD bus.  

TTC 1407 is on the 160 Bathurst North per TransSee

• Like 2