new.flyer.408

Today's Special Sightings

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

not really.  if there is shortage of cars, a CLRV will be used to cover a ALRV run.

All service on the 501 Humber - Long Branch portion is scheduled with CLRV's currently. For what is worth, the ALRV's are scheduled on the main branch Humber- Neville only.

I thought that running CLRV 4002 on the Lake Shore branch was "special" in the sense of seeing once again one of the original SIG cars (and the very first CLRV ever on TTC property to boot) on the initial route that they were deployed back in 1979 when they first entered service.

14 hours ago, ttc rider said:

All service on the 501 Humber - Long Branch portion is scheduled with CLRV's currently. For what is worth, the ALRV's are scheduled on the main branch Humber- Neville only.

Yeah, except every day this board period there's been an ARLV or two out all day on Lake Shore.

I did see 4002 on Lake Shore yesterday, and was going to get a pic or take a ride but wound up doing other stuff at home.

I wouldn't presume that a Swiss car making it out into Long Branch is a special sighting, not now that Russell dispatches that portion of the line. 4004 is out there now.

*Note: I know that cars are shuffled between divisions, but these days the L1s usually run out of Russell.

Found one of the ex-York University Blue Birds sitting behind a school in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Looks like it's doing community charters now. 20180708_192119.thumb.jpg.ebeb19d462a807e2e780291145b3acee.jpg

3 hours ago, Enzo Aquarius said:

Found one of the ex-York University Blue Birds sitting behind a school in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Looks like it's doing community charters now. 20180708_192119.thumb.jpg.ebeb19d462a807e2e780291145b3acee.jpg

I don’t think that’s ex-York, looks shorter than theirs and I believe they were kissing a bunch of parts when put up for sale...

8793 is on 306 Carlton

7940 is also on 306 Carlton

8668 is on 506 Carlton 

8434 is on 306 carlton

• Like 1

Transsee claims that 4229 is doing a run on King, from Connaught to Roncesvalles. I guess it's basically an afternoon tripper?

16 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Transsee claims that 4229 is doing a run on King, from Connaught to Roncesvalles. I guess it's basically an afternoon tripper?

It is signed in as 62 run, so yes, it is an afternoon tripper. In theory, there are supposed to be four ALRV trippers on 504 in both AM and PM peaks.

22 hours ago, 7520 said:

I don’t think that’s ex-York, looks shorter than theirs and I believe they were kissing a bunch of parts when put up for sale...

Oh shoot you're right, this model looks to be a 35'. The livery and the seating got me. 

18 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

TTC:

Transsee claims 9097 is on 505 Dundas, Not sure is Malvern doing 505?

Can someone confirm it is doing 505?

It is not. The trackers are having problems with the GPS

• Thanks 2

This might shed some light on why 7575 is still rollin' around the block. I had many personal issues and disagreements and I needed a happy place to go to. Some have a favourite tree in the park, some have a secret hideout in an abandoned house, mine was 7575. Basically I wait until she arrives and I listen to certain music when aboard. I written several letters to the TTC about preservation and I am not the type to give up easily. You can say "okay it's just a bus, relax, what's the point of that, it's not financially feasible lol". Well, I see where that viewpoint comes from in terms of efficiency but I am writing my letters in terms of sentimental value. I know this sounds corny but 7575 is more than just a bus, it's a piece of a memory that I want to keep. My old house is gone, things I cherish are slowly disappearing, Logan Paul is still famous, etc... My ultimate wish would be a fan charter of her in Los Angeles. Thanks for the read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Doggosareamazing said:

This might shed some light on why 7575 is still rollin' around the block. I had many personal issues and disagreements and I needed a happy place to go to. Some have a favourite tree in the park, some have a secret hideout in an abandoned house, mine was 7575. Basically I wait until she arrives and I listen to certain music when aboard. I written several letters to the TTC about preservation and I am not the type to give up easily. You can say "okay it's just a bus, relax, what's the point of that, it's not financially feasible lol". Well, I see where that viewpoint comes from in terms of efficiency but I am writing my letters in terms of sentimental value. I know this sounds corny but 7575 is more than just a bus, it's a piece of a memory that I want to keep. My old house is gone, things I cherish are slowly disappearing, Apple's iMacs are getting worse and worse, etc... My ultimate wish would be a fan charter of her in Los Angeles. Thanks for the read.

Gotta admit. This made me cry a little. 😭😭🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

The board never fails to impress...er astound

Especially the obliviousness to some of the finest sarcasm this side of the nineties. 😩😩😩😂😂😂

I thank you all for understanding. I want to do everything to preserve her and I know I'll probably get roasted for it but Idc, I will try. (Sorry for get off topic in this forum, will resume to topic)

I saw a Durham Region Transit D40LF displaying "not in service" heading North on the 410 just south of the 407 interchange this afternoon. I suspect it may have been going to the nearby Cummins service center.