Today's Special Sightings

there is also a short turn on Moringside as well. A supervisor can literally turn the bus at any street along the route. I got short turn once on Wayne and Warden Avenue once.

Yeah, the Morningside short turn uses Ling-Morningside (either clockwise or counter-clockwise) to loop most of the time. I've also seen them use Morningside-Kingston counter-clockwise for once or even go NIS at Kingston and loop Kingston-Morningside clockwise. Being a long route 54 has a number of short turn location possibilities. I've seen at least 9-10 specific short turn codes for it be used.

Yeah, the Morningside short turn uses Ling-Morningside (either clockwise or counter-clockwise) to loop most of the time. I've also seen them use Morningside-Kingston counter-clockwise for once or even go NIS at Kingston and loop Kingston-Morningside clockwise. Being a long route 54 has a number of short turn location possibilities. I've seen at least 9-10 specific short turn codes for it be used.

I remember always waiting for that 54S coming from school. It was always empty. :P It would always come down Markham road and go into service after making the turn onto lawrence. Then loop Morningside-Kingston-Collinsgrove. The 12C was still around at that time.

I remember always waiting for that 54S coming from school. It was always empty. :P It would always come down Markham road and go into service after making the turn onto lawrence. Then loop Morningside-Kingston-Collinsgrove. The 12C was still around at that time.

That bus is most likely a school special. It deadhead from Eglinton Garage. There is a run on Saturday morning that starts at Markham Road as well.

There are a couple of school specials running from Eglinton Garage for example

One of the 86 Scarborough Run will start off as a 102 Markham Road bus then turn into a 86E.

One of the 25 Don Mills Run will start off at Don Mills and Overlea and then short turn at Finch.

That bus is most likely a school special. It deadhead from Eglinton Garage. There is a run on Saturday morning that starts at Markham Road as well.

One of the 86 Scarborough Run will start off as a 102 Markham Road bus then turn into a 86E.

One of the 25 Don Mills Run will start off at Don Mills and Overlea and then short turn at Finch.

Not Eglinton. Malvern. It was in 1997.

Aren't there a few more school specials for the 116 for the school on Military trail?

Is this 86 run the same one that does the school special from Cardinal Newman and runs straight up Kingston from Brimley to Morningside? Also, there is another 25 run that starts at the old Graydon Hall Loop in front of George Henry Acadamy and runs west on Graydon Hall and then north on Don Mills to Steeles.

Not Eglinton. Malvern. It was in 1997.

Aren't there a few more school specials for the 116 for the school on Military trail?

There are two school specials for Pope John Paul II. The first is a southbound 116 that deadheads from Eglinton to start service in front of the school. The second is a westbound 95 that I assume deadheads there as well from Malvern to start service.

Also, I used to see a northbound 116 that starts service around 3:00-3:15pm northbound at Morningside and Lawrence. It would deadhead up to Lawrence from Eglinton and take a layover facing east on Lawrence between Kingston and Morningside prior to entering service at the Morningside at Lawrence north side stop (I believe the AA calls it 253 Morningside, been a while since I rode past that stop). The last time I spotted this bus was last spring. I haven't been in the area at that time in a while so I don't know if it's still around. I always thought that this was some sort of extra to cope with the students heading north from West Hill CI which is only 4 stops away from where the bus enters service since the buses coming from south of Lawrence are often filled with Sir Wilfrid Laurier CI students (although a lot of them do get off at Lawrence).

That's one of the Blessed Cardinal Newman school specials that starts in at the stop in front of the school on Kingston Road.. Isn't there another one that follows Kingston road with an 86 sign up to Sheppard then goes onto the 116A/E? It was there during my time at that school.

Is this 86 run the same one that does the school special from Cardinal Newman and runs straight up Kingston from Brimley to Morningside? Also, there is another 25 run that starts at the old Graydon Hall Loop in front of George Henry Acadamy and runs west on Graydon Hall and then north on Don Mills to Steeles.

I believe it is the same same one that does the school special from Cardinal Newman and runs straight up Kingston from Brimley to Morningside and I believe it runs all the way up to Centenial College. I will check it out when I have time. There is a run I don't know if it is the same runI don't recall a 25 that starts at the old Graydon Hall Loop. However there is at least one run in the morning that starts at Graydon Hall.

There is also a special 116 run that starts at the high school down at Guildwood I cannot remember the name of that high school. I also recall seeing a 17 Birchmount starts at McNicol and Kennedy as well.

Thanks for the info, I thought the 85 was one of those routes that was almost exclusively LF.

No LF designated route at a garage with HF buses is ever LF exclusive, no matter how infrequent HFs show up.