Today's Special Sightings

A new 169A will be operated outside of rush hour and on weekends. 169A will combine the current 10 and 169 with 10 Van Horne becoming a rush hour only route.

Route 169, as mentioned above, 115 (interlined with 122 at all times except rush hour and midday), 12B, 116A, 66D (new extended routing at Lake Shore), 76B & 53F are getting new service outside of rush hour. There are a bunch of other routes that are getting new service as well including all routes operating on Sundays (that includes routes like 33, 162, 55, etc).

Smart. They should have thought out this routing (10+169) earlier. Makes more sense than travelling east on Sheppard and north on Vic Park when you can cover less frequently serviced territory.

115 interlined with 122 at all times except rush hour and midday? 122 only runs during those times. I'm a bit confused.

Smart. They should have thought out this routing (10+169) earlier. Makes more sense than travelling east on Sheppard and north on Vic Park when you can cover less frequently serviced territory.

This routing was proposed a couple years back as well, but is now actually going to be tried.

115 interlined with 122 at all times except rush hour and midday? 122 only runs during those times. I'm a bit confused.

Service on 122 and 115 will be added during evenings and weekends, as well as midday for 115.

This routing was proposed a couple years back as well, but is now actually going to be tried.

Service on 122 and 115 will be added during evenings and weekends, as well as midday for 115.

I think the main reason behind not doing the 10/169 combination is because it'll take longer for 169 riders to reach Don Mills, plus it'll either reduce service on 10 or force an increase on 169.

I wonder if 115 and 122 can be changed to both run out of Leslie outside of peak periods... that could probably be able to run both the routes using only one bus during those times. The only downside would be that 122 no longer covers the Leslie-Yonge portion of York Mills, and there won't be accessible service for those folks.

I just noticed today while walking, that on the corner of Bayview Ave. and McRae that there is a new bus stop pole just for the 28A, it is bolted to the ground, and it says Saturday service 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., now why would they do such a thing, knowing that the 28A is only a summer service to the Brickworks?

I think the main reason behind not doing the 10/169 combination is because it'll take longer for 169 riders to reach Don Mills, plus it'll either reduce service on 10 or force an increase on 169.

I wonder if 115 and 122 can be changed to both run out of Leslie outside of peak periods... that could probably be able to run both the routes using only one bus during those times. The only downside would be that 122 no longer covers the Leslie-Yonge portion of York Mills, and there won't be accessible service for those folks.

If you're thinking of turning 115 and 122 into one route at Leslie & York Mills, It's been done before and it only lasted around a year (Even less). The route was 166 Silver Hills / Graydon Hall which followed the 122 route between Leslie & York Mills and Fenelon Loop and followed the 115 route between Leslie & York Mills to Woodsworth. The service ran in the Early Evening Monday to Friday and Daytime on Saturday with no Evening service. One bus ran Every 30 Minutes. The transfering between this route and 95 York Mills at York Mills and Leslie as well as low ridership made this route a failure and as a result it was discontinued. Now here we are in 2008 and I still see that it won't work cause of the same result and as you put it no accessible service between York Mills Stn and Leslie. To be honest IMO 115 doesn't even need off peak service. Maybe Midday on weekdays yes. But weekends? No. Here's what I can see for 122 tho. Monday to Saturday service till 11pm (Maybe till 7pm on Saturday).

Now for the 169 Huntingwood. Now the wrath begins from the Huntingwood Drive expert lol. It's about bloody time that the TTC got their heads out of their asses and restore off peak service on Huntingwood. Sometimes the walk to the nearest North / South route takes anywhere from 5 to as long as 20 or so minutes depending where you live. Also cause Huntingwood Drive is a winding road that too doesn't help much cause that will also make the walk even longer. Alot of seniors lives along the route especially where I live and if they need to use the TTC in off peak times they have to walk for god knows how long to a busy North / South street to get a often packed North / South bus. Now I'm all in favour for this service cause the 169 Huntingwood cut right into the neighbourhood quite well and it does serve a purpose unlike duplicated routes that recieves more fucking attention (160 Bathurst North anyone?) I do find the off peak via Van Horne routing abit odd cause not only it's going away from Don Mills Stn when it turns North on Victoria Park Ave from Huntingwood Drive to go to the Van Horne area but Van Horne area only see off peak service to go points East like the Scarborough Centre for example but in rush hours the far East you can go on Van Horne Ave is only to Victoria Park Ave. Chances are that there won't be alot of ridership from the Van Horne area who wants to go points East of Victoria Park Ave but still it's an odd ball to me. Although on a good side Huntingwood Drive and Van Horne Ave will both see full off peak service that will serve both areas very well. It's these routes that needs alot of attention cause it's these routes that cuts into the residential or Industrial areas well enough that will make the rider or possible rider to fully use the TTC and to leave their cars at home. I'm going to tell you now that cause of this change I'll be one of them who will use the off peak Huntingwood bus service over my car and keep my car at home abit more often and no I'm not bull shittin either!

If you're thinking of turning 115 and 122 into one route at Leslie & York Mills, It's been done before and it only lasted around a year (Even less). The route was 166 Silver Hills / Graydon Hall which followed the 122 route between Leslie & York Mills and Fenelon Loop and followed the 115 route between Leslie & York Mills to Woodsworth. The service ran in the Early Evening Monday to Friday and Daytime on Saturday with no Evening service. One bus ran Every 30 Minutes. The transfering between this route and 95 York Mills at York Mills and Leslie as well as low ridership made this route a failure and as a result it was discontinued. Now here we are in 2008 and I still see that it won't work cause of the same result and as you put it no accessible service between York Mills Stn and Leslie. To be honest IMO 115 doesn't even need off peak service. Maybe Midday on weekdays yes. But weekends? No. Here's what I can see for 122 tho. Monday to Saturday service till 11pm (Maybe till 7pm on Saturday).

Now for the 169 Huntingwood. Now the wrath begins from the Huntingwood Drive expert lol. It's about bloody time that the TTC got their heads out of their asses and restore off peak service on Huntingwood. Sometimes the walk to the nearest North / South route takes anywhere from 5 to as long as 20 or so minutes depending where you live. Also cause Huntingwood Drive is a winding road that too doesn't help much cause that will also make the walk even longer. Alot of seniors lives along the route especially where I live and if they need to use the TTC in off peak times they have to walk for god knows how long to a busy North / South street to get a often packed North / South bus. Now I'm all in favour for this service cause the 169 Huntingwood cut right into the neighbourhood quite well and it does serve a purpose unlike duplicated routes that recieves more fucking attention (160 Bathurst North anyone?) I do find the off peak via Van Horne routing abit odd cause not only it's going away from Don Mills Stn when it turns North on Victoria Park Ave from Huntingwood Drive to go to the Van Horne area but Van Horne area only see off peak service to go points East like the Scarborough Centre for example but in rush hours the far East you can go on Van Horne Ave is only to Victoria Park Ave. Chances are that there won't be alot of ridership from the Van Horne area who wants to go points East of Victoria Park Ave but still it's an odd ball to me. Although on a good side Huntingwood Drive and Van Horne Ave will both see full off peak service that will serve both areas very well. It's these routes that needs alot of attention cause it's these routes that cuts into the residential or Industrial areas well enough that will make the rider or possible rider to fully use the TTC and to leave their cars at home. I'm going to tell you now that cause of this change I'll be one of them who will use the off peak Huntingwood bus service over my car and keep my car at home abit more often and no I'm not bull shittin either!

I was thinking of a 115A/122A interline, with buses switching routes at Leslie Station. That has some usefulness as there's a connection to be made at Leslie to the subway instead of another bus.

IMO the main reason for 169 taking over 10's service is to save a bus. An interline wouldn't work, because that adds on 30 minutes to the round trip time. 169A would add 30 minutes for the Van Horne section vs. 169, but it would eliminate roughly 15 minutes over the interline option.

I was thinking of a 115A/122A interline, with buses switching routes at Leslie Station. That has some usefulness as there's a connection to be made at Leslie to the subway instead of another bus.

IMO the main reason for 169 taking over 10's service is to save a bus. An interline wouldn't work, because that adds on 30 minutes to the round trip time. 169A would add 30 minutes for the Van Horne section vs. 169, but it would eliminate roughly 15 minutes over the interline option.

The 115A & 122A interline at Leslie Stn wouldn't work I can tell you that. If the TTC thought of a similar idea with the 115 and 122 when the Sheppard Subway first opened and didn't go with that plan back then it won't happen right now. Another reason is here you'll have the 115 and 122 during normal hours terminating at York Mills Stn then you have 115A and 122A in off peak hours terminating at Leslie Stn. What if someone wants to connect with the Yonge Subway? They have to go to Leslie Stn to transfer to the Sheppard subway to the Yonge subway. Inconvenience waiting to happen. And another thing, I can't see 1 bus running the 2 routes and maintaining the frequency given if it ran out of Leslie Stn. 115A can do the round trip in say 15 minutes (20 minutes tops). The 122A can do the round trip in say 40 minutes (45 minutes tops). So really if this interline were to happen the round trip between the 2 routes is roughly an hour. So you'll at least need 2 buses to make a 30 minute headway.

About the 10 / 169 deal I didn't say any interlining to happen with these routes. Actually to be quite honest I bet the 169A via Van Horne will be given a 45 Minute one way trip time meaning an hour and a half round trip using 3 buses. Now an interline can happen using those same 3 buses if desired. 10 Van Horne and 169 Huntingwood can easily stay on it's own respective routing with an interline between the two at Don Mills Stn still managing a 45 Minute one way trip time and the 30 minute frequency. 10 Van Horne will take 30 Minutes to complete a round trip and 169 Huntingwood can do a round trip in an hour. 30 minutes + 60 minutes = 90 minutes meaning Hour and a half round trip between Scarb Ctr & Vic Park and Van Horne via Don Mills Stn with a 30 minute frequency using 3 buses. I can't see the 169A via Van Horne do the round trip in an hour.

Yesterday when I was riding Viva blue near Bernard a dog ran across Yonge Street of all places and almost got hit by the bus, luckily for the dog the bus stopped in time.

On Friday morning while riding 6737 on 66A as we were travelling on Berry Rd just west of Park Lawn a Fox ran across the street and continued walking towards some houses.

I don't know what the TTC is up to but there are shuttles on 506 again today. Just like last weekend, the shuttles are going from Main Street Stn to Coxwell & Queen. The streetcars are doing the same routing as last week as well most likely, High Park to Coxwell & Queen. 7492 and 7802 are on the 506 shuttle today.

Shuttles were running today as well, streetcars started were serving Main Street Station around 6:30pm. My mom said the driver of the shuttle she was on in the morning told here they were running the shuttles because they were replacing the overhead wires along (Upper) Gerrard.

At 6:30pm I saw an NG deadheading east on Danforth at Main. I think it could have been deadheading from Coxwell & Queen off of 506 although I would think Malvern would use Kingston Rd from there instead like the 501 shuttle did back in April.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

TTC:

CIMG1909.jpg

7326 - 192 Airport Rocket

There were a number of things wrong with this bus:

1 Automated Annoucements were turned off, only visual display was working! :)

2 Driver or Operator not annoucing stops :angry:

3 Interior Advertisements had the number "2" :o

4 Front and Rear destination signs not working! :D

5 No CCTV yet :(

6 RUN number is hidden from the makeshift Destination Sign :ph34r:

You afraid of getting attacked?

Your response is irrelevant.....

TTC 7326 was recently rebuilt, but has NO CCTV cameras installed, yet warning stickers on the exterior of the bus... personally rode this bus with 2153 yesterday.

Today

7701 was parked on someone elses property

CIMG1949.jpg

Another shot of 7701

CIMG1951.jpg

7699 Birchmount's Divison Mascot is back again!

CIMG1947.jpg

Promagstyle:

The Camera install is NOT related to the rebuild program; they're separate from each other.

If you look at your first picture, what is in the foreground? That should explain what 7701 is doing parked there...

What? Timmy's?

Yeah, what? Timmy's?

Well thanks for telling me that the Camera install is not related to the rebuild program, it will have CCTV eventually. :)