new.flyer.408

Today's Special Sightings

Sometimes YRT schedules two buses back-to-back on purpose, one will be for school special(s) and the other is for regular patrons. I know in the AM there are two occurances where two 82s are about 10 minutes apart, so you probably saw the first of the two buses being 10 down for whatever reason (extra time at Timmies or breakdown, take your pick :o)

IC.... okok makes sense...they put back to back on 91 as well in the morning...but yea

btw...my driver for the 91 at finch got into total sh_t by one of the patrons for being 7 minutes late today in getting back onto his bus...he made him look at his time and compare it to other passengers... guess there really isnt an excuse for a slow watch on his phone and the fact that he arrived over 15min before the schedd time... :P

Good news! I haven't seen the York University Orion I CNG shuttle bus all year, so I thought it may have been retired...

...I saw it in service yesterday. :P

I also seen it last week, but forgot to mention it. It was on Lawrence near Lawrence West stn. Why do i keep seeing the York U shuttles near Lawrence West stn, all the time?

I also seen it last week, but forgot to mention it. It was on Lawrence near Lawrence West stn. Why do i keep seeing the York U shuttles near Lawrence West stn, all the time?

Glendon Campus shuttle. Goes between the Keele Campus and Glendon Campus.

I was about to have a nervious breakdown when I waited over 15min for the 68 bus a little after 6pm when the service is suppose to be every 7min. It took me 1h to get from Warden and Steeles to STC by the "Better Way". :P In all seriousness, during rush hour when there was no traffic accidents along both routes (68 and 95) and both routes were operating on FS, how the heck can it be that late! No wonder people hate taking transit, 1h from Warden/Steeles to STC.

Fortunately, the first 68 "super late" bus that came made my day and I felt somewhat better having caught it. Unfortunately, being the slowest bus in the fleet (6272) made a V and VII (both in service) pass us before we made it to Ellesmere. :o

I was about to have a nervious breakdown when I waited over 15min for the 68 bus a little after 6pm when the service is suppose to be every 7min. It took me 1h to get from Warden and Steeles to STC by the "Better Way". :P In all seriousness, during rush hour when there was no traffic accidents along both routes (68 and 95) and both routes were operating on FS, how the heck can it be that late! No wonder people hate taking transit, 1h from Warden/Steeles to STC.

Fortunately, the first 68 "super late" bus that came made my day and I felt somewhat better having caught it. Unfortunately, being the slowest bus in the fleet (6272) made a V and VII (both in service) pass us before we made it to Ellesmere. :o

That's how I feel when I never get to school on time because the D40HF are the buses that keeps slowing down the freeway. Thank god they're almost gone. I can't wait for another minute for that moment.

2395 has been refurbished today on the Allen Road.

7592 had a minor collision with a car near Kennedy Station while on the 57 this afternoon.

At what time was this? I saw it at 3 and again about an hour later and it looked fine.

At what time was this? I saw it at 3 and again about an hour later and it looked fine.

Saw it around 5:40pm-ish.

IC.... okok makes sense...they put back to back on 91 as well in the morning...but yea

btw...my driver for the 91 at finch got into total sh_t by one of the patrons for being 7 minutes late today in getting back onto his bus...he made him look at his time and compare it to other passengers... guess there really isnt an excuse for a slow watch on his phone and the fact that he arrived over 15min before the schedd time... :P

Maybe he had to use the washroom, maybe he was on the phone with dispatch, maybe his bus had a problem, maybe his GPS showed different, and the even more likely scenario: maybe it wasn't even his run and he ended up having to cover for another driver who was late/broke down.. who knows what the reason was, but no reason for a passenger to give a driver "total sh_t" if they don't even know the reasoning behind it.

He said minor collision. That would probably explain why.

He said minor collision. That would probably explain why.

An hour after 3 is 4, and he said the accident occured about 5:40pm, thats when he saw it

Even a minor collision they will most likely be taken out of service even if the damage is minimal.

Saw it around 5:40pm-ish.

Hmmm. I was at Oakwood and Eglinton at the time.

Unfortunately, being the slowest bus in the fleet (6272) made a V and VII (both in service) pass us before we made it to Ellesmere. :P

Can anyone shed some light as to how 6272 is the slowest bus in the fleet? I doubt it's any slower than an S50EGR VII.

Bus movements might be starting!! Today while I was doing Vic Park at least 15 GM's were heading west on Sheppard out of Service. It was like a congo line of buses - quite impressive really :P Anyone know where they were heading??

Bus movements might be starting!! Today while I was doing Vic Park at least 15 GM's were heading west on Sheppard out of Service. It was like a congo line of buses - quite impressive really :P Anyone know where they were heading??

From the Mount Dennis thread:

this weekend, 15 buses (presumably gms) are to be ferried fro malvern to mt. dennis in preparation for the november startup.

-the exodus begins.

Most likely mount dennis because ttcmech mention 15 GM's buses are suppose to be heading from malvern to mount dennis.

I heard another garage is to be built in the east end this time. Can someone back me up on that??

I also have a question regarding about buses with heaters not working on the bus. Can a driver be entitled to call a change off if the heater is broken??

I heard another garage is to be built in the east end this time. Can someone back me up on that??

There were plans for a garage to be built on McNicol east of Kennedy. They even moved a bus loop (for 42B) from the west side of Kennedy to the lands of the future garage. It was anticipated to open in 2012 (5 years after Mount Dennis would've opened), but with Transit City routes going to be taking a LOT of buses off the street, it was decided that McNicol would not be needed for the foreseeable future.

I also have a question regarding about buses with heaters not working on the bus. Can a driver be entitled to call a change off if the heater is broken??

If the weather outside requires the heater to be on, i.e. winter, and it does'nt work, why not? Those windows would get fogged up pretty quick, not to mention the passengers(or the driver)complaining. :P

There were plans for a garage to be built on McNicol east of Kennedy. They even moved a bus loop (for 42B) from the west side of Kennedy to the lands of the future garage. It was anticipated to open in 2012 (5 years after Mount Dennis would've opened), but with Transit City routes going to be taking a LOT of buses off the street, it was decided that McNicol would not be needed for the foreseeable future.

There is also land at Pharmacy and Steeles that is owned by the TTC for a bus garage, but its construction too is likely put on hold.

Dan

From the Mount Dennis thread:

Thanks sorry I did not see that. Thanks for clearing that up! Really something though to see all those GM's together at once :P

I surprised they never used the 401 from Markham Road instead of Sheppard, 401 would be much faster.

Can anyone shed some light as to how 6272 is the slowest bus in the fleet? I doubt it's any slower than an S50EGR VII.

See my post? From Steeles to Ellesmere, a V and VII managed to past my bus. Both were WAY gone in front of us before our bus even made it ot Ellesmere. And they were both in service as I saw the V had passengers and the VII had people and "68" on the rear sign.

Speaking of fast, I'm reminded of the rear doors on the Classics; damn those doors close really fast; faster than the Newlooks.

I surprised they never used the 401 from Markham Road instead of Sheppard, 401 would be much faster.

i don't think they like to use Highways on Garage Switches or sending buses to Hillcrest, i remember a couple months back i saw 7127 turn from Bathurst onto Sheppard