Today's Special Sightings

A piece of crapass overdue old junk was on 47C this morning at Yorkdale with a NG right behind it. If I were those 5 people on that pice of ****, I'll wait and board that NG that was right behind it parked. You figured that a non accessible route like 196 gets 75% accessible buses, they couldn't make an accessible route like 47 100% accessible with over 100 NGs, 50 Vs, 80 VIIs at Wilson.

A piece of crapass overdue old junk was on 47C this morning at Yorkdale with a NG right behind it. If I were those 5 people on that pice of ****, I'll wait and board that NG that was right behind it parked. You figured that a non accessible route like 196 gets 75% accessible buses, they couldn't make an accessible route like 47 100% accessible with over 100 NGs, 50 Vs, 80 VIIs at Wilson.

Are you talkng about a GM, your favorite bus? :P You know it must've been a changeoff, it could'nt be helped. ;)

You figured that a non accessible route like 196 gets 75% accessible buses, they couldn't make an accessible route like 47 100% accessible with over 100 NGs, 50 Vs, 80 VIIs at Wilson.

Well, you know haw Wilson's Dispatch are ;):P.

In case anybody is interested 7073 has the MCI horn button as well.

At least one fishbowl made an appearance on 129.

there's too many of them out there to list.

the GMs got the same model steering collumn during their 6 and 12 long ago so many of them sport the MCI logoed horn button too.

There was an apartment fire tonight in Richmond Hill on Red Maple just north of High Tech Road. Building was evacuated and YRT/Viva provided the shelter.

From my understanding:

Viva provided 1 bus

Can-Ar provided 2 buses

Miller provided 5 buses

Some of the buses used by Miller were 403, 407, 559, 603. Not sure what Viva and Can-Ar used though.

Are you talkng about a GM, your favorite bus? :P You know it must've been a changeoff, it could'nt be helped. ;)

And the irony in this is that 25-26 year old "crappy piece of ****" replaced "the good bus" :P And to think a VII or NG running after 25-26 years of daily service subjected to crush loads, pot holes and the like is laughable. The old jimmies will be TTC's work horse right til the final day of service.

I'd take a GM "fishbowl" ANYDAY over a "piece of S*** Orion VII NG" The GM's are the BEST buses EVER BUILT....

I Highly doubt that you'll EVER see a Orion product last 25 years!!!!

Just ask any older TTC driver, they may be slower than the VII and no A/C but they have GREAT windows and they are STURDY and DEPENDABLE!

MT:

0710 was being used as a training vehicle, saw it going southbound on Hurontario at Bristol around 2:50 today.

0708 was sitting OOS at Hurontario and Bristol around the same time, it should be on the 25 now.

I'd take a GM "fishbowl" ANYDAY over a "piece of S*** Orion VII NG" The GM's are the BEST buses EVER BUILT....

Just ask any older TTC driver, they may be slower than the VII and no A/C but they have GREAT windows and they are STURDY and DEPENDABLE!

I totally agree, the GM was the best bus ever built. Everyone out there who hates them for whatever reason does not know a lot about buses and what makes them enjoyable for operators and passengers. OK so they don't have A/C (but they could be ordered with it) and they are not low floor. Oh I guess that means that all these people with strollers bigger than some compact cars could not get on a GM. Lets face it, you can get a whole lot more people on a GM than a VII anyday and with the windows open, the ventilation is great. As far as driving a GM, they are by far the most maneuvrable bus out there, the blind spots are next to none (the VII's have HORRIBLE blind spots), a GM bus basically does everything a bus should do and rarely spits back in your face. As well, because there are no computers running a GM, unless it is a major failure of the bus, they can sometimes be fixed on the street , try that in a VII. Ask some older operators who appriciate GM's why they stopped making them and they will say that GM had to stop making them because no one would buy new ones because the old ones would never die - think about it. Picture an Orion VII in 25-30 years. The TTC is nuts to think they will get 18 years out of those things.

And the irony in this is that 25-26 year old "crappy piece of ****" replaced "the good bus" :( And to think a VII or NG running after 25-26 years of daily service subjected to crush loads, pot holes and the like is laughable. The old jimmies will be TTC's work horse right til the final day of service.

Yes, but final day of service for who? <_< I'm betting TTC, as the fishies will probably outlast the company. :rolleyes:

Are you talkng about a GM, your favorite bus? :( You know it must've been a changeoff, it could'nt be helped. :rolleyes:

It was at Yorkdale at 6:30am. I don't think the bus it was changed off was out all night unless it was a blue nighter.

And the irony in this is that 25-26 year old "crappy piece of ****" replaced "the good bus" <_< And to think a VII or NG running after 25-26 years of daily service subjected to crush loads, pot holes and the like is laughable. The old jimmies will be TTC's work horse right til the final day of service.

I'll take a Solo, Orion VI, or D700 over a Newlook anyday of the week.

It doesn't matter how good a bus is built or ride or cheap it is, as long as it's rare, I'll enjoy more than anything else. If Newlooks are rare, I'll enjoy it more. But having subjected to the brutal punishment of riding these for over 20 years, I will not love them even if there's 1 left.

Now if TTC had Newlooks with Brampton's 1985 powertrains and A/C, I'd enjoy them more and maybe stop hating them that much. I'll admit I regret the fact that I never got to ride any of Brampton's Newlooks with 8V71N or 6V92T.

Saw a TTC D40-89 towed to scrap on Hwy 403 to QEW westbound. Fleet # is unknown as it was far distance.

Saw MTA Orion VII HEV 6490 on Winston Churchill. Seems to be that Orion pretty much owns that bus now as it hasen't been return back to NYC for 2 years now for testing.

• Root Admin
Saw a TTC D40-89 towed to scrap on Hwy 403 to QEW westbound. Fleet # is unknown as it was far distance.

Saw MTA Orion VII HEV 6490 on Winston Churchill. Seems to be that Orion pretty much owns that bus now as it hasen't been return back to NYC for 2 years now for testing.

Wow, #6490 is still here? I have not seen that bus since 2006, when we had it at Oakville Transit.