new.flyer.408

Today's Special Sightings

3 hours ago, Andythagiant said:

Just watched 1710 pass me running on 64 Main. Should be on the 87 now heading to Broadview.

1710 and 1768 didn't go on 87, they just looped around eastdale and headed back south on 64.

Edited by gtatransitguy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, gtatransitguy said:

1710 and 1768 didn't go on 87, they just looped around eastville and headed back south on 64.

I only assumed it was gonna be on the 87 due to the interline.

Is it possible to see TTC 8400-8617 novas around Wilson routes east of Yonge St during the day? I think I saw one

On 7/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, 63 Ossington said:

4243 on St.Clair - Signed up for a charter, but the car appears pretty empty. Spotted ~1:50 PM today

IMG_0107[1].JPG

I thought they were barred from going up that hill on Bathurst?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:07 PM, TransitFan88 said:

I thought they were barred from going up that hill on Bathurst?

Maybe for regular service, but it's not unprecedented. And it's not known what it was doing up there that day.

Some other weird stuff this midday: Just after 12:30: an unknown new livery NG hybrid pulled out SB from Alberta Ave to EB St Clair. May have been a 512 shuttle. 

And about 5 mins later, 4440 pulled into Oakwood Loop being the tail car of a 3-pack and after 10 mins, reversed out of it to the EB mainline and sped off Not in Service with a supervisor on board. Transsee reported that 4004 was already in the loop as well (as an artic, probably off the 29 as a 512 shuttle). Checked Transsee back a half hour later, and 4004 was SB along Bathurst, and 4440 was still on St Clair. Strange.

2 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Maybe for regular service, but it's not unprecedented. And it's not known what it was doing up there that day.

Some other weird stuff this midday: Just after 12:30: an unknown new livery NG hybrid pulled out SB from Alberta Ave to EB St Clair. May have been a 512 shuttle. 

And about 5 mins later, 4440 pulled into Oakwood Loop being the tail car of a 3-pack and after 10 mins, reversed out of it to the EB mainline and sped off Not in Service with a supervisor on board. Transsee reported that 4004 was already in the loop as well (as an artic, probably off the 29 as a 512 shuttle). Checked Transsee back a half hour later, and 4004 was SB along Bathurst, and 4440 was still on St Clair. Strange.

maybe they're testing the overhead at SCW?

22 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

The overhead's not even close to done yet.

IMG_0112[1].JPG

Ooh... an overhead conductor rail! What a smart decision by the TTC's engineers to save the extra cost of tensioning the wire. Only problem that it'll be a no-go for trolley poles so it's good progress to see St. Clair going Flexity-only by September.

Guess that makes up for all the dumb ones they’ve had over the years? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

Ooh... an overhead conductor rail! What a smart decision by the TTC's engineers to save the extra cost of tensioning the wire. Only problem that it'll be a no-go for trolley poles so it's good progress to see St. Clair going Flexity-only by September.

I don't think they'll deactivate the current overhead yet.

10 hours ago, Transit geek said:

I don't think the picture is detailed enough to say that trolley poles couldn't work on that rail.

If you happen to look a bit carefully, you'll see that the old overhead is not "wire" and needs no "tensioning" anyway. The old overhead is also a rail, kind of like is installed in so many underpasses in the city.

TTC:

1646 on 11 Bayview

1531, 7768 on 160 Bathurst North

1778 on 505 Dundas

1811 on 42 Cummer

8139 on 97 Yonge

EDIT: It seems that Malvern and Birchmount buses are covering some Wilson routes. I don't know whether they are movements or not. For now I'll assume that they are not movements.

Edited by nagaBus
  • Like 1

I was on an equipped 12XX yesterday and it only successfully announced one stop, and the next stop screen kept flashing mutilated stop names or just straight gibberish. The "stop requested" display and announcement, the time, and the op's badge were fine though.

• Like 1

MiWay is doing some kind of shuttle service on the Toronto Islands, for the 2018 Ontario 55+ Summer Games.

Among those were 1057 and 1705.

FB_IMG_1534117457162.thumb.jpg.c0d87552812b1df595a9d643017cff7e.jpg

(Not my picture)

• Like 3