Today's Special Sightings

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Both of those buses were on scheduled runs, which do a single trip on route 46 to handle school crowds, then move over to the 945 for their regular PM rush service.

Also, the southbound 46E express school trip is a 35 Jane run and would deadhead to Jane Station upon arrival at Kipling Station.

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

Both of those buses were on scheduled runs, which do a single trip on route 46 to handle school crowds, then move over to the 945 for their regular PM rush service.

Thank you, I didn't know this before.....hope they could relieve the overcrowding. 

45 minutes ago, ilovettc said:

TransSee
TTC 9071 makes a RARE Appearance on route 102 Markham Rd 

102A in the early morning on weekdays? If that’s the run then it’s not special. It does a trip from Warden Station to Centennial College and then goes onto the 134 or 134C Progress afterwards.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like that unit is still out there on a regular run, thus yes this is a special sighting. 

Edited by TransitFan88

4 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:
14 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

Am i missing something here?

The remaining YRT 04's are at southeast and the routes you listed are southeast routes. I know the 04's are retiring but i still dont see how that qualifies as a special sighting. 

YRT is running on a Sunday schedule. They don't run 04's usually on a Saturday or Sunday schedule and we are down to 3 or 4 units left in the entire system...

I agree with @H4 5600; in most circumstances, a Miller bus on a Miller route is not very special.

On weekends, Miller typically rotates the buses that are out in service so that they don't need to wash/refuel them every night. Weekend service is usually a low enough vehicle requirement that they can get away with not using the same buses both days. So for long weekends, they do need to dive a little deeper into the pool and pull out some of the older D40LFs if they wish to not require refuelling buses partway through the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Gamer Studios said:

They also have to factor mileage.

Mileage is averaged over the long term (monthly or annually). A couple weekend shifts here and there are not terrible. Given they've been running predominately rush hour service for the past decade-plus, a couple more kms on some weekend shifts would probably be better in averaging out the mileage amongst the rest of the fleet.

I'm also gonna take the opportunity here to reply to another comment you made in Today's Sightings thread, because I think it's relevant to the discussion in the above posts, and it's something you need to hear:

2 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

Gonna jinx the amount of people being triggered over if this is rare or not

It's not about being us being "triggered"; commenting on it this way is intentionally insulting and dismissing to other members of this forum. It also indicates that you take any criticism of what you do as an personal insult, rather than as a learning experience.

People are reminding you that such sightings are not "special" and should belong in another place. It's okay for a first time offence, but you seem to do this constantly, which is why other users are starting to get annoyed with you, because you aren't showing any willingness to learn or change. I usually try to put a little bit of explanation in my posts to explain why they're not "special" and provide some education to turn it into a learning experience. Others may no longer be willing to do this because it's clear you refuse to learn or change your posting techniques (which appear to consist of little more than sitting on Transsee for 18 hours a day).

So instead of responding with an insult next time you make a mistake, maybe take a step back, review the situation and understand what went wrong (or why others see it as an issue), and do better next time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Why is is a issue how I spend my time on the internet? 

No one has an issue on how much time you spend on the internet. You spam the “todays sightings” thread with all your YRT, or TTC, sightings every other day which annoys people on this board. (Kinda referring to that)

Those YRT reports are cause I'm being pressured by another user to do so @Joshuamumble, wouldn't have too but mans "forces" me to report here or he deletes my effort to post in his discord server.

I’m sorry but you have to be joking right? Your seriously blaming others for the sightings you spam on this board? If he’s pressuring you to post those which I highly doubt, why don’t you report him or ignore him instead of spamming?

• Like 1