Today's Special Sightings

1 hour ago, PrimeTio said:

Spotted a very rare sighting today.

Peel regional Police MCI D4500 heading southbound on Mavis & Britannia around 11:18AM today. Does anyone have more information regarding this bus? and if it was purchased from another agency?

Peel has had a few coach buses, they've generally been ex-GO Transit. The most recent one is former GO 2434.

4 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Today 1133, 1135, 3516, 3542, 8024, 8447, 8554 are all on 504C.

Is there a reason for all these random buses on the 504C this weekend?

Because the construction at King and Shaw has yet to finish, the TTC is still operating shuttles all the way to York via Liberty Village instead of to Bathurst via King. All the extras are to fill the gaps that the regular Wilson guys can’t fill, strictly because of lack of runs assigned to the route. 

Additionally, I rode 3328 on the 504 today as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Interesting. Route 9 has mostly been running with 40-foot buses recently, although it did use 30-foot buses in the past.

Route 9 is still scheduled to operate primarily with 30 foot buses; however, some runs interline with school specials, and require 40 foot vehicles.

As well, Miller has been having problems maintaining its elderly ElDorados; so there may be a need to substitute a 40 foot bus when a 30 foot is not available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

TTC 1231 was on the 68 this morning.

PXL_20221210_154200633~2.jpg

I’ve noticed that often on Saturdays, the 68 gets an unscheduled extra bus or two. Midday especially, the buses are very delayed. Often times they’re all 20+ minutes delayed and there are huge gaps (biggest cause I think is the queue of cars trying to turn into the Costco near Ellesmere that causes a lot of congestion), and there’s tons of short turns as a result….hey wait a minute, I thought they got rid of those?

Special Sightings from GO Transit via TransSee

GO Train 558 back from MIA (Missing it's action) and it's on route Kitchener to Bramalea Go Station/ Deadheading back to Toronto Union GO Station/ Lakeshore West Line to Oakville GO Station/Deadheading back to Toronto Union GO Station/ Stouffville Line to Mt Joy GO Station/ Stouffville Line to Toronto Union GO Station/ Kitchener Line to Kitchener GO Station.