Today's Special Sightings

On 6/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, bus_7246 said:

Miway 1794 had departed Renforth Stn as a 39 W  BRITANNIA  just as I was getting ready to pull around for my eastbound trip on the TTC 32

TTC 3562 was on the 32A EGLINTON WEST, heading west this afternoon

Artics on the 39 isn’t really rare. It’s been happening a lot now due to a crush load of passengers on that route. Same goes with the 35 Eglinton that’s also busy due to a crush load of passengers. Artics on the 8 Cawthra as well aren’t rare because of the school on that route.

10 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Artics on the 39 isn’t really rare. It’s been happening a lot now due to a crush load of passengers on that route.

Yup. As you mentioned, there are a couple of busy trips that may get assigned artics (when extras are available) to deal with passenger capacity. It's been a semi-regular occurrance for a number of years - I even managed tracked down 0884 waaaay back in 2018 (remember those pre-COVID times???), so it's not a recent development. It may be more common nowadays since route 26 is no longer regularly assigned artics.

26347797237_577a47c6a4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Yup. As you mentioned, there are a couple of busy trips that may get assigned artics (when extras are available) to deal with passenger capacity. It's been a semi-regular occurrance for a number of years - I even managed tracked down 0884 waaaay back in 2018 (remember those pre-COVID times???), so it's not a recent development. It may be more common nowadays since route 26 is no longer regularly assigned artics.

26347797237_577a47c6a4.jpg

The 26 did receive Artics daily for the 1:08PM Eastbound trip on weekdays (and other trips). But the 1:08pm was my operator friend asking relocation because the idiots up in management wouldn’t send artics on the 26 even though it’s completely standing room on that route. That 1:08pm trip doesn’t get artics now since that person is off for sometime. Next board change which is on the 27th should hopefully fix something regards to all the routes in Mississauga, but I highly doubt it will.

16 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

sometimes there are glitches on the tracking.  

It was a known issue yesterday of buses appearing on routes yet the bus wasn't on that route.  The TTC told me the issue was fixed late last night

7 hours ago, BusDude said:

It was a known issue yesterday of buses appearing on routes yet the bus wasn't on that route.  The TTC told me the issue was fixed late last night

It was glitchy today otherwise BYD buses were running on Queensway routes.

39 minutes ago, TransitFan88 said:

TTC 9044 is tracking on the 37 and 9067 is tracking on the 512. 

Both of the two are probably different vehicle. Check the runs that they are operating on. But most likely they are a different vehicle, just appearing as what you saw on the tracker

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Both of the two are probably different vehicle. Check the runs that they are operating on. But most likely they are a different vehicle, just appearing as what you saw on the tracker

Lots of ghost buses out there going wrong predictions. They commonly don’t feature any busy status.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...