Today's Special Sightings

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

1250 is on the 35
1352 is on the 165
1319 is on the 110
1342 is on the 48
1387 is on the 937
 (but of course, my eyes saw it and my mouth said it, so I invite you to do what other people do on the Novabus Movement page and disregard this like it never happened, thank you, next update: whenever I see something)

Beat me to the 165 and 48, damn. Whatever, have pics anyways ?

20210122_074406.thumb.jpg.75c83728cd5d2cd1e1fc155f1d9509b3.jpg20210122_063841.thumb.jpg.c04a211d9a633980a48b1404e44f71e1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

7946 replaced 8430 on the 46, and 8430 moved to do the 927

8646 is on the 102

No, 7946 replaced a different run on 46(4 run). 8430 was taken off because 3323 entered the route on the same run 8430 was on(71 run).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Via Transsee: 8382 on 68D Barrie to Union Express (bus replacement due to service reductions) on the 1:13 PM from Allandale Go Station.

Very rare to see a SuperLo double decker on the Barrie line. 

EDIT: 8407 on 65F towards Union Station (2 PM departure from Aurora Go).

I talked to the driver of 8382 while at work. He even Said it's odd to see these buses on this line.

20 hours ago, Downsview34. said:

I talked to the driver of 8382 while at work. He even Said it's odd to see these buses on this line.

Especially the same trip today also has a SuperLo double decker today. 8343 on the 68D Allandale from Union at 10:57 AM departure. Heading out at 1:13 PM from Allandale to Union via Highway 400.

Not sure if it will be made permanent for this certain departure since it is pretty rare to see a SuperLo on the Barrie line other than 65 Yorkdale Express. Not sure of the demand today, but pre-COVID it would fill up a regular coach bus pretty easily. Since it is direct to Union with no stops in between Barrie South and Union and the opposite direction. 

1 hour ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Especially the same trip today also has a SuperLo double decker today. 8343 on the 68D Allandale from Union at 10:57 AM departure. Heading out at 1:13 PM from Allandale to Union via Highway 400.

Not sure if it will be made permanent for this certain departure since it is pretty rare to see a SuperLo on the Barrie line other than 65 Yorkdale Express. Not sure of the demand today, but pre-COVID it would fill up a regular coach bus pretty easily. Since it is direct to Union with no stops in between Barrie South and Union and the opposite direction. 

This is due to the fact that Go trains are being replaced with buses

See here: https://transittoronto.ca/archives/weblog/2021/01/20-go_replaci.shtml

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

This is due to the fact that Go trains are being replaced with buses

See here: https://transittoronto.ca/archives/weblog/2021/01/20-go_replaci.shtml

I was referring to the fact if the trip in question would continue to get a SuperLo double decker, not the reason why buses are running which I am already aware. Since you don't commonly see them operating along the Barrie line other than the 66 Yorkdale Express. Though I have seen one operate on the 67 Keswick/North York Express once (someone showed a photo).

Mostly it is the regular coach buses that operate during bus replacement service. 

In other news: 8456 on 65E Union via King City Station from Aurora departing around 2 PM.

59 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

8487 is on the 25

That isn't a special sighting; SuperLo buses regularly appear on route 25.

(I'm kidding around with you, I know this is meant to be a TTC bus. But please remember to add the system name to your posts to prevent confusion with other readers, especially since the posts above and below yours all talk about GO buses).

30 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

I was referring to the fact if the trip in question would continue to get a SuperLo double decker, not the reason why buses are running which I am already aware. Since you don't commonly see them operating along the Barrie line other than the 66 Yorkdale Express. Though I have seen one operate on the 67 Keswick/North York Express once (someone showed a photo).

Mostly it is the regular coach buses that operate during bus replacement service. 

In other news: 8456 on 65E Union via King City Station from Aurora departing around 2 PM.

Because these train replacements occurred mid-board, they are being run using spareboard operators rather than as a regular scheduled run. I believe that some scheduled runs on the 65 south of Aurora GO have used SuperLo buses, ever since East Gwillimbury garage received them in September 2019. Vehicle assignments might change once the official board period change occurs next month, and the train replacements get properly integrated into the scheduling.

Double deck buses have not regularly operated to Barrie before; I think they are only clear to do the 68D now because those buses are only serving Allandale Waterfront and Barrie South GO stations, and don't continue into downtown Barrie. I'm also not certain as to whether double decks are cleared to operate through downtown Newmarket (the 66 bypasses it by using Davis/Yonge/Green Lane).

24 minutes ago, Articulated said:

That isn't a special sighting; SuperLo buses regularly appear on route 25.

(I'm kidding around with you, I know this is meant to be a TTC bus. But please remember to add the system name to your posts to prevent confusion with other readers, especially since the posts above and below yours all talk about GO buses).

Indeed, I should've knew that. Also good to know since I haven't GO's 25 since the last time I've been to Square One (which was back in 2019)

24 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Because these train replacements occurred mid-board, they are being run using spareboard operators rather than as a regular scheduled run. I believe that some scheduled runs on the 65 south of Aurora GO have used SuperLo buses, ever since East Gwillimbury garage received them in September 2019. Vehicle assignments might change once the official board period change occurs next month, and the train replacements get properly integrated into the scheduling.

Double deck buses have not regularly operated to Barrie before; I think they are only clear to do the 68D now because those buses are only serving Allandale Waterfront and Barrie South GO stations, and don't continue into downtown Barrie. I'm also not certain as to whether double decks are cleared to operate through downtown Newmarket (the 66 bypasses it by using Davis/Yonge/Green Lane).

Regarding the 68D would be correct for clearance since it operates mostly along the highway. The only risk would be operating along Essa, Gowan (older area with low hydro lines), Yonge Street to Barrie South Go and then Mapleview. 

68, 68B East Gwillimbury and 68C King City to Barrie all operate to the Barrie bus terminal which has an overhang risk. If they were to convert to SuperLo, it would have to use an off-street platform on Mary Street (where buses currently layup). 

Not aware of the 65 operating north of Aurora Go Station via downtown Newmarket or scheduled runs. Since Prospect Avenue (from Davis Drive until Bayview) has issues with overhead wires and branches. Though both routings (65C via Highway 404 and 65E servicing King, Maple and Rutherford from Aurora) do have the capacity of running a SuperLo double decker.