Today's Special Sightings

On 5/25/2019 at 11:30 PM, Transit geek said:

Turns out the deployment of CBTC through St. George has complicated the transfer of trains between lines. Ideally, the Finch-Eglinton section could have be converted first so that T1s could still access Davisville Yard in the interim. Instead, the TTC wanted to have a single signal system changeover during each one-way trip, leading to essentially a monopolized fleet for each line until the deliveries of the T1 replacements.

It hasn't complicated anything. The ATC is capable of handling not-equipped trains - but because of the fact they aren't equipped with the systems, it's really best to do it at off hours.

As for converting Finch-to-Eglinton first....and how would they have run trains on the TYSSE? Install a standard wayside signal system, only to deactivate it 3 years later?

Dan

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nagaBus said:

Although route 85 is no longer an artic route, it is rare, but it's not that special because 9071 is a Malvern bus and route 85 is a Malvern route.

I'd say otherwise. Remember that day 9063 was on the 130? That was and probably WILL be the only time an artic will go on the 130. And remember that artic on the 169? Both of those occurrences have only happened once, that's still rare.

15 hours ago, 7749 said:

I'd say otherwise. Remember that day 9063 was on the 130? That was and probably WILL be the only time an artic will go on the 130. And remember that artic on the 169? Both of those occurrences have only happened once, that's still rare.

The last time an artic went on the 130 was the last winter storm. It also wasn't the first the an artic went on the 130. It wasn't once in a lifetime. Maybe twice or 3 times. Yeah it's rare.

59 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

TTC 8091 seems to be spending its day in the east end. I spotted it around noon in service on 54A. According to Transee, it has been laying over at Warden Station for the past 30 minutes.

It is now on the Line 1 shuttle

25 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

3264 & 3354 were on 6 Bay earlier. Also 2 Event Support buses have been stationed on Bay Street, outside of Nathan Philip Square 

3122 3289 were also on the 6 bay

4 hours ago, 7749 said:

3122 3289 were also on the 6 bay

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

3264 & 3354 were on 6 Bay earlier. Also 2 Event Support buses have been stationed on Bay Street, outside of Nathan Philip Square 

They were running as extras on the 6 Bay for the raptors game, there's currently a few more running north of Dundas 

2 hours ago, Ultimate said:

9238 is tracking at Kipling / Queensway signed into the 66

Now it’s signed into the 87

2 hours ago, Ultimate said:

The tracker keeps flashing back and forth

2 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Ok, Strange. It probably’s on the 87 and the driver made a mistake. 

EDIT: The Tracker is glitching  

On the 66’s routing per TransSee

4 hours ago, 43 Kennedy said:

MiWay # 0866 is on the 23 Lakeshore.

Accoridng to my sightings, this is the first time in almost 2 years that one of the 2008 D60LFR's was on 23. The last one that was sighted there was in summer 2017.

I was able to catch 0866 tonight, rode a full round trip on it.

IMG_20190606_211154_821.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1