Today's Special Sightings

3 hours ago, Andythagiant said:

There’s a handful of CLRVs running on King right now due to a power outage in the east that prevented Leslie from sending out cars. Quite possibly the last ever time you will see a C run on the 504.

Just saw one. Such a nice sight to see

EDIT:

Just took 4034

4C4588CC-F97F-4688-B3B0-463AD0D514EF.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 81-717 said:

There was a TR on line 2 today (spotted going west at Broadview at 17:27, didn't see the number).

They had TRs down in Lower Bay for the Doors Open event; I would imagine that this train would have been either heading towards the centre track east of Broadview in order to turn around for the connection to Line 1, or it was heading to Greenwood Yard to be stored overnight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

They had TRs down in Lower Bay for the Doors Open event; I would imagine that this train would have been either heading towards the centre track east of Broadview in order to turn around for the connection to Line 1, or it was heading to Greenwood Yard to be stored overnight.

Turns out the deployment of CBTC through St. George has complicated the transfer of trains between lines. Ideally, the Finch-Eglinton section could have be converted first so that T1s could still access Davisville Yard in the interim. Instead, the TTC wanted to have a single signal system changeover during each one-way trip, leading to essentially a monopolized fleet for each line until the deliveries of the T1 replacements.

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

The TR was going westbound, so I assume it went out of service at Yonge. Isn't there a direct connection to line 1 from LB?

On 5/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, Articulated said:

And the thing is they had a TR and T1 last year when I went though I was one of the last people to leave