Today's Special Sightings

16 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Transsee claims that 4229 is doing a run on King, from Connaught to Roncesvalles. I guess it's basically an afternoon tripper?

It is signed in as 62 run, so yes, it is an afternoon tripper. In theory, there are supposed to be four ALRV trippers on 504 in both AM and PM peaks.

22 hours ago, 7520 said:

I don’t think that’s ex-York, looks shorter than theirs and I believe they were kissing a bunch of parts when put up for sale...

Oh shoot you're right, this model looks to be a 35'. The livery and the seating got me. 

This might shed some light on why 7575 is still rollin' around the block. I had many personal issues and disagreements and I needed a happy place to go to. Some have a favourite tree in the park, some have a secret hideout in an abandoned house, mine was 7575. Basically I wait until she arrives and I listen to certain music when aboard. I written several letters to the TTC about preservation and I am not the type to give up easily. You can say "okay it's just a bus, relax, what's the point of that, it's not financially feasible lol". Well, I see where that viewpoint comes from in terms of efficiency but I am writing my letters in terms of sentimental value. I know this sounds corny but 7575 is more than just a bus, it's a piece of a memory that I want to keep. My old house is gone, things I cherish are slowly disappearing, Logan Paul is still famous, etc... My ultimate wish would be a fan charter of her in Los Angeles. Thanks for the read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Doggosareamazing said:

This might shed some light on why 7575 is still rollin' around the block. I had many personal issues and disagreements and I needed a happy place to go to. Some have a favourite tree in the park, some have a secret hideout in an abandoned house, mine was 7575. Basically I wait until she arrives and I listen to certain music when aboard. I written several letters to the TTC about preservation and I am not the type to give up easily. You can say "okay it's just a bus, relax, what's the point of that, it's not financially feasible lol". Well, I see where that viewpoint comes from in terms of efficiency but I am writing my letters in terms of sentimental value. I know this sounds corny but 7575 is more than just a bus, it's a piece of a memory that I want to keep. My old house is gone, things I cherish are slowly disappearing, Apple's iMacs are getting worse and worse, etc... My ultimate wish would be a fan charter of her in Los Angeles. Thanks for the read.

Gotta admit. This made me cry a little. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 7/28/2018 at 10:07 PM, TransitFan88 said:

I thought they were barred from going up that hill on Bathurst?

Maybe for regular service, but it's not unprecedented. And it's not known what it was doing up there that day.

Some other weird stuff this midday: Just after 12:30: an unknown new livery NG hybrid pulled out SB from Alberta Ave to EB St Clair. May have been a 512 shuttle. 

And about 5 mins later, 4440 pulled into Oakwood Loop being the tail car of a 3-pack and after 10 mins, reversed out of it to the EB mainline and sped off Not in Service with a supervisor on board. Transsee reported that 4004 was already in the loop as well (as an artic, probably off the 29 as a 512 shuttle). Checked Transsee back a half hour later, and 4004 was SB along Bathurst, and 4440 was still on St Clair. Strange.

2 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Maybe for regular service, but it's not unprecedented. And it's not known what it was doing up there that day.

Some other weird stuff this midday: Just after 12:30: an unknown new livery NG hybrid pulled out SB from Alberta Ave to EB St Clair. May have been a 512 shuttle. 

And about 5 mins later, 4440 pulled into Oakwood Loop being the tail car of a 3-pack and after 10 mins, reversed out of it to the EB mainline and sped off Not in Service with a supervisor on board. Transsee reported that 4004 was already in the loop as well (as an artic, probably off the 29 as a 512 shuttle). Checked Transsee back a half hour later, and 4004 was SB along Bathurst, and 4440 was still on St Clair. Strange.

maybe they're testing the overhead at SCW?