Today's Special Sightings

YRT VIVA Nova Bus LFS or LFX Artic #1394 was operating some kind of shuttle service, probably to Markham Taste It Up. I got this shot while it was idling on Ferrier Street north of Steeles just before 7 p.m. today, which was probably when it was scheduled to depart for the event venue.

20170716_185659.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

YRT VIVA Nova Bus LFS or LFX Artic #1394 was operating some kind of shuttle service, probably to Markham Taste It Up. I got this shot while it was idling on Ferrier Street north of Steeles just before 7 p.m. today, which was probably when it was scheduled to depart for the event venue.

20170716_185659.jpg

You're observations are correct, but it's actually called Night It Up. 

Shuttle%20Bus%20Map.png

While driving north on Warden Avenue north of McNicoll just before 10 am this morning, I spotted an Orion VII with a destination sign that showed a repeating string of numbers, I.e.

1234567890 1234567890

1234567890 1234567890

It was obviously a 68 southbound towards the subway as it was the only possible destination for a vehicle in that location.

Meanwhile, on McCowan Road just before 5:30 this afternoon, I saw a Orion VII NG HEV with a blank destination sign (presumably a malfunction) so I couldn't tell which route it was on.

4 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

While driving north on Warden Avenue north of McNicoll just before 10 am this morning, I spotted an Orion VII with a destination sign that showed a repeating string of numbers, I.e.

1234567890 1234567890

1234567890 1234567890

It was obviously a 68 southbound towards the subway as it was the only possible destination for a vehicle in that location.

Meanwhile, on McCowan Road just before 5:30 this afternoon, I saw a Orion VII NG HEV with a blank destination sign (presumably a malfunction) so I couldn't tell which route it was on.

there is a code for displaying blank destination sign. As for the 1234567890, i don't think there is a code for that.

23 hours ago, Transit geek said:

1234567890 1234567890

1234567890 1234567890

Did you see riders inside or was it empty?

Oh, so on this past Sunday the 30th, around 11:45pm or so at night I believe I passed the TTC command bus on the 401 somewhere between Milton and Guelph, heading away from Toronto. Any idea what it was up to? :P 

28 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

There's some Artics on the 101 Downsview Park right now

I highly doubt they'll dispatch artics for Veld next year when Downsview Park Station will be opened. They'll be shuttling able body teenagers who can walk 5-10 minutes.

This weekend is likely the last time they'll run artics on the 101. 

29 minutes ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

Are there normally a dozen buses on 101 for summer weekends?

No, there is typically only one bus on the route when it is running. This weekend is the Veld Music Festival at Downsview Park, so the TTC runs many extra buses on the 101 to shuttle participants from Sheppard West Station to Downsview Park.

24 minutes ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

Is this the largest ever congregation of artics on a single route for the TTC? I think I counted 20 on tracking.

wow looks like they really have to get everyone out. What I don't understand is why doesn't the TTC/traffic services do this with the Ashbridge bay fireworks.

If they just let everyone board buses at the end of the show and prioritize all the buses over cars, people would more likely takes transit to those events. Instead, every single fireworks event ends up as a massive traffic jam while buses take a whole hour to complete a single short trip to the subway. Just make the bus a free shuttle and get people to pay at the subway if they want to travel further.

• Like 2