Milton Transit

44 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Very interesting! Were they on the 1A & 1B or just the Home to Hub.

I don't believe Home to Hub has launched yet.

First one was westbound Derry passing Miller/Armstrong.  Not on a route so maybe being used for access+?

Saw it again exiting Milton Mall onto Ontario Street (again, not on a route), and the other one on Childs at Ontario.  No destination signs on the front of either that I could see.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess where the Orion VI sold to, which also another subject when it comes to plane news..... https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2019/01/20/250-passengers-stranded-aboard-airplane-in-frigid-labr

1901 & 1902 are in service. They have the new vents at the rear.

For those with no Facebook or Instagram. Buses 1801-1803 were out during my last visit. The livery looks much better than the Arboc's currently in the new livery. Until they slap ads on them.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cm99746 said:

I don't believe Home to Hub has launched yet.

First one was westbound Derry passing Miller/Armstrong.  Not on a route so maybe being used for access+?

Saw it again exiting Milton Mall onto Ontario Street (again, not on a route), and the other one on Childs at Ontario.  No destination signs on the front of either that I could see.

Yes that would be Access+. Thank you for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

As i was making my way out of Milton today, I noticed a D40LF in a lot at the very back of the Milton Civic Operations Center, visible from the road. I didn’t try to get close for obvious reasons to read the number, but I’m just putting this out there if anyone could find this info useful

it was in the old Milton livery fwiw

34 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

As i was making my way out of Milton today, I noticed a D40LF in a lot at the very back of the Milton Civic Operations Center, visible from the road. I didn’t try to get close for obvious reasons to read the number, but I’m just putting this out there if anyone could find this info useful

it was in the old Milton livery fwiw

Probably 9701 it retired in 2019.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:16 PM, Silly Tilley said:

From the February 10 Milton council meeting, the following will be purchased for Milton Transit this year, all through Metrolinx TPI:

• 1 Nova LFS $601,553 + HST
  • 2 ARBOC buses $189,305 each + HST
  • 2 RAM Promaster buses $133,186 each + HST

Staff report

Looks like the end of the 95 D40LF's. I drove by on Steeles last year and you can see the dead line from the road. It appears an older Arboc is sitting that area. Its nice to see that Milton is not all about 40 foot buses running everywhere.

• 4 months later...

I was informed that 9702, 9703 and 9705 are retired from service. 9703 is the only one on property and the rest are at public works. The Arboc's also seem to be off the road for the time being as well. The On Demand service was very enjoyable as well.

• Thanks 1

Promaster's 2021 & 2022 were delivered sometime last week. 1302 is also retired. Bike rack and fare box removed. 1303 seems be retired as well. It was tucked in the back with 9703 and did not see a fare box in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, Hybrid0920 said:

I spotted a Milton Transit arboc in brantford about 15 minutes ago. Highway 24 headed towards Cambridge. It had a more flat rear end unlike most arbocs I’ve seen. Possibly a new one being delivered?

It would have came from St. George. One of the distributors are based there. I guess they also do the livery detailing there. Owen Sound's 2014 fleet was detailed there as well.

• 3 months later...