Milton Transit

ORION

44 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Very interesting! Were they on the 1A & 1B or just the Home to Hub.

I don't believe Home to Hub has launched yet.

First one was westbound Derry passing Miller/Armstrong.  Not on a route so maybe being used for access+?

Saw it again exiting Milton Mall onto Ontario Street (again, not on a route), and the other one on Childs at Ontario.  No destination signs on the front of either that I could see.

2 hours ago, cm99746 said:

I don't believe Home to Hub has launched yet.

First one was westbound Derry passing Miller/Armstrong.  Not on a route so maybe being used for access+?

Saw it again exiting Milton Mall onto Ontario Street (again, not on a route), and the other one on Childs at Ontario.  No destination signs on the front of either that I could see.

Yes that would be Access+. Thank you for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

As i was making my way out of Milton today, I noticed a D40LF in a lot at the very back of the Milton Civic Operations Center, visible from the road. I didn’t try to get close for obvious reasons to read the number, but I’m just putting this out there if anyone could find this info useful

it was in the old Milton livery fwiw

34 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

As i was making my way out of Milton today, I noticed a D40LF in a lot at the very back of the Milton Civic Operations Center, visible from the road. I didn’t try to get close for obvious reasons to read the number, but I’m just putting this out there if anyone could find this info useful

it was in the old Milton livery fwiw

Probably 9701 it retired in 2019.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:16 PM, Silly Tilley said:

From the February 10 Milton council meeting, the following will be purchased for Milton Transit this year, all through Metrolinx TPI:

• 1 Nova LFS $601,553 + HST
  • 2 ARBOC buses $189,305 each + HST
  • 2 RAM Promaster buses $133,186 each + HST

Staff report

Looks like the end of the 95 D40LF's. I drove by on Steeles last year and you can see the dead line from the road. It appears an older Arboc is sitting that area. Its nice to see that Milton is not all about 40 foot buses running everywhere.

• 4 months later...

I was informed that 9702, 9703 and 9705 are retired from service. 9703 is the only one on property and the rest are at public works. The Arboc's also seem to be off the road for the time being as well. The On Demand service was very enjoyable as well.

• Thanks 1

Promaster's 2021 & 2022 were delivered sometime last week. 1302 is also retired. Bike rack and fare box removed. 1303 seems be retired as well. It was tucked in the back with 9703 and did not see a fare box in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, Hybrid0920 said:

I spotted a Milton Transit arboc in brantford about 15 minutes ago. Highway 24 headed towards Cambridge. It had a more flat rear end unlike most arbocs I’ve seen. Possibly a new one being delivered?

It would have came from St. George. One of the distributors are based there. I guess they also do the livery detailing there. Owen Sound's 2014 fleet was detailed there as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Checking Google Maps as they have updated. I noticed that there is a 2010 New Flyer, a Nova Bus and two older Arboc's sitting at the Public Works yard. Can anyone confirm if any of the 2010 Flyers have been retired from service?

• Root Admin
On 3/22/2021 at 6:12 PM, G.A said:

Checking Google Maps as they have updated. I noticed that there is a 2010 New Flyer, a Nova Bus and two older Arboc's sitting at the Public Works yard. Can anyone confirm if any of the 2010 Flyers have been retired from service?

The 2010 D40LFs are all still in service and will be replaced in a few years. There are no plans to rebrand them because of this.

New Nova Bus #2001 was delivered last week and will enter service in early April.

• Thanks 4

On 3/24/2021 at 5:32 PM, ORION said:

The 2010 D40LFs are all still in service and will be replaced in a few years. There are no plans to rebrand them because of this.

New Nova Bus #2001 was delivered last week and will enter service in early April.

Thanks for the info @ORION! I did see that the older Arbocs are officially retired and stored at the public works on my way back home.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Milton Transit in partnership with the Town of Halton Hills will be introducing service next Fall along Steeles to the Premium Outlets Mall.  It's mentioned they want to attract passengers from Brampton and Mississauga but it's not mentioned where the eastern terminus of the route will be.  I've seen the report which looked at inter-municipal service to either Lisgar GO or Meadowvale Town Centre (possibly both if they stay on Steeles).

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/10541423-milton-to-roll-out-bus-service-to-premium-outlets-and-mississauga/

Meadowvale Town Centre would allow for more connections with both MiWay and GO Transit vs. Lisgar GO which has limited GO service.

I wonder if Halton Hills would be willing to partner with say Brampton Transit to get some service into Georgetown?  North-south connections to Oakville will mean another partnership if they haven't merged into Halton Transit by then.

• 1 month later...

Purchases from the February 7 council agenda:

• 5 Nova LFS buses (replacement) $635,916 per unit
  • 4 ARBOC Low floor cutaway buses (expansion) $213,274 per unit

Buses are being purchased through Metrolinx TPI, and presumably the 5 Nova LFS are to replace D40LFs 0901-0903 and 1001-1002.

https://calendar.milton.ca/meetings/Detail/2022-02-07-1900-Council-Meeting/5b889a95-9766-4e7f-80a8-ae3800faade0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Milton has apparently signed up with Transit Royale "which is a subscription service for transit riders, offers information such as real-time schedules, maps, customizable options and more."  There are plenty of free apps out there, why would Milton Transit go with one that requires an annual subscription fee (of $24.99)? 

insauga.com: Milton Transit offering riders free Transit Royale subscription

Milton Now: All Milton Transit riders can now get a free Transit Royale subscription

iPhone in Canada: Milton Transit and Cornwall Transit join Transit Royale subscription platform (this one includes a list of other agencies using the service)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like MiWay has beat Milton Transit with the announcement as there currently isn't anything on the new service on Milton Transit's website.

MiWay: New Milton Transit connection in Mississauga

New Milton Transit connection in Mississauga

This is one of Milton Transit's buses.

Travelling to or from Milton? Starting Sept. 6, 2022, MiWay will connect with the new Milton Transit Route 21 Steeles at Lisgar GO Station.

This new Milton Transit route will operate between Milton GO Station and Lisgar GO Station. This route will have stops at the Toronto Premium Outlets in Halton Hills as well as the Amazon Fulfillment Centre on Winston Churchill Boulevard in Brampton.

Transfers

If you are transferring from Milton Transit to MiWay:

• Show the MiWay transit operator your Milton Transit paper transfer. MiWay will accept Milton Transit paper transfers and the 2-hour transfer window will be honoured. No additional paper transfer will be issued by the MiWay operator.

If you are transferring from MiWay to Milton Transit:

• Show the Milton transit operator your PRESTO card and tell them that you are transferring from MiWay. The Milton transit operator will provide you with a paper transfer.

Transfer locations

MiWay customers can transfer to the Milton Transit Route 21 Steeles at the following bus stops:

• Argentia Road west of Winston Churchill (stop #3801)
  • Argentia Road west of Winston Churchill (stop #3800)
  • Argentia Road east of Tenth Line (stop #3812)
  • Argentia Road at 3050 Argentia Road (stop #1850)
  • Lisgar GO Station (Platform 6)

Route availability

The Milton Transit Route 21 Steeles will operate on weekdays from 5:57 AM to 10 PM and on Saturdays from 7:27 AM to 7:40 PM. This route will not operate on Sundays or holidays.

Visit the Milton Transit website for more information.

As mentioned, the link to Milton Transit won't do you any good as they haven't updated it to reflect the new route.  Their update is for the service change from LAST Labour Day.  I also find it a bit disconcerting that Milton Transit would use the same number as GO Transit for their connecting service to Mississauga.  Milton's 21 STEELES will, as the name implies, travel along Steeles between Milton GO and Lisgar GO.  GO Transit's 21 MILTON service travels along Derry from Milton GO to Meadowvale GO and points beyond depending on the branch, though it does bypass Lisgar GO for some reason.  I think the 30-series is (was?) the late-night on-demand homebound service, so why not start at 20 for the regional/cross-border route since it will run on Steeles and leave the 21 for service along Derry regardless of who is providing it? 

I know Milton opted not to go with the PRESTO card, but given that it now has connections to both MiWay and Brampton Transit at Lisgar GO, will they reconsider or will that come with Milton's own route down to Oakville and a connection to Oakville GO?  Still waiting to hear whether or not Halton Hills (Georgetown and/or Acton specifically) will get a connection to Milton pending their transit review study.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...