Milton Transit

ORION

• 1 month later...

Back in December of 2013, I was on A VIA train that diverted on the line that runs behind the Milton garage. I could have sworn I saw some Orion 7 NGs there, but was unable to photograph them. I know Pacific Western is contracted to drive Milton Transit and I know that Milton Transit never had an Orion 7. Could I have seen their XD40s and mistaken them for Orion 7 NGs?

4 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Back in December of 2013, I was on A VIA train that diverted on the line that runs behind the Milton garage. I could have sworn I saw some Orion 7 NGs there, but was unable to photograph them. I know Pacific Western is contracted to drive Milton Transit and I know that Milton Transit never had an Orion 7. Could I have seen their XD40s and mistaken them for Orion 7 NGs?

Those would have been the XD40's. They only had the Orion 1 and VI.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Root Admin
18 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

1804 is in service. The only 2018 bus for that year. Same build as the 2017 models and no new drivers window.

It was the only one ordered to replace the fire victim a few years back. Few minor cosmetic changes on 1804 compared to the others.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:36 PM, J. Boic said:

It was the only one ordered to replace the fire victim a few years back. Few minor cosmetic changes on 1804 compared to the others.

I only seen a photo of it. What minor cosmetic changes would it have? I may go down and take a look.

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

I only seen a photo of it. What minor cosmetic changes would it have? I may go down and take a look.

I've only see pictures too and right off the bat you can see the window frames are thinner. Most LFS from 2018 and newer came with the thinner borders with integrated emergency window access which is now an individual piece below the tip in window. There should be some other interior changes from what I was told by Milton Transit but my contact wasn't specific, nor did I really care.

51 minutes ago, J. Boic said:

I've only see pictures too and right off the bat you can see the window frames are thinner. Most LFS from 2018 and newer came with the thinner borders with integrated emergency window access which is now an individual piece below the tip in window. There should be some other interior changes from what I was told by Milton Transit but my contact wasn't specific, nor did I really care.

Well thanks. It's just minor stuff no one would ever notice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

1995 New Flyer D40LF #9701 has been retired from service. There will be two more Nova LFS buses joining the fleet by the end of the year to replace more 97xx buses. The last few should be gone by end of 2020. 4 ProMaster buses have been ordered and will be used for Home-To-Hub style service. They should be here around October of this year.

The rest of the fleet carrying the old livery, minus the 97xx should be getting the updated scheme, but timing has not been confirmed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J. Boic said:

1995 New Flyer D40LF #9701 has been retired from service. There will be two more Nova LFS buses joining the fleet by the end of the year to replace more 97xx buses. The last few should be gone by end of 2020. 4 ProMaster buses have been ordered and will be used for Home-To-Hub style service. They should be here around October of this year.

The rest of the fleet carrying the old livery, minus the 97xx should be getting the updated scheme, but timing has not been confirmed.

Thank you for the updates. Interesting that they are recieving the Promaster. I did also hear there were 3 LFS due in the spring. Would that order be due before years end then?

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Thank you for the updates. Interesting that they are recieving the Promaster. I did also hear there were 3 LFS due in the spring. Would that order be due before years end then?

Two buses end of the year. Not sure where you heard that.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Anyone attended their Public Information Centres?

What were their proposed changes?

Summary of proposed changes from the PIC:

- 15 minute peak service on routes 2, 3, 4

- Route 3 to run every 30 minutes during middays

- High Frequency network during peak periods of route 2, 3, 4, 6, 7.

- Separate the 1A/B and 2 into an eastern and western branch. Route 1 reduced to every 60 minutes.

- New route 1C service during weekday middays

- Pulse network at Milton GO

- Add trips to route 50, 51, 52 (school specials)

- Discontinue routes 5, 9, 10 due to low ridership - replace with home-to-hub service to Milton GO.

- Discontinue GO drop-off routes (30, 31, 32)

- New route 5 from Milton GO to Lisgar GO via Steeles and Toronto Premium Outlets.

More details: https://www.letstalkmilton.ca/6865/documents/15168

On 4/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, BedardZ0754 said:

Summary of proposed changes from the PIC:

- 15 minute peak service on routes 2, 3, 4

- Route 3 to run every 30 minutes during middays

- High Frequency network during peak periods of route 2, 3, 4, 6, 7.

- Separate the 1A/B and 2 into an eastern and western branch. Route 1 reduced to every 60 minutes.

- New route 1C service during weekday middays

- Pulse network at Milton GO

- Add trips to route 50, 51, 52 (school specials)

- Discontinue routes 5, 9, 10 due to low ridership - replace with home-to-hub service to Milton GO.

- Discontinue GO drop-off routes (30, 31, 32)

- New route 5 from Milton GO to Lisgar GO via Steeles and Toronto Premium Outlets.

More details: https://www.letstalkmilton.ca/6865/documents/15168

I read through it and was impressed. Only thing that caught me off guard was the contract the Access+. I thought PW was now contracted to Access+ after 2015. The idea is 15 minute service for the 2, 3 & 4 will help boost ridership. From everything else i read the ideas of meeting up with other systems and finally heading to the Outlet stores. I can see a good ridership from that. The Home-to-Hub service I assume would replace the Transcab service. I do know they were also looking to boost the Access+ as well as bus 1501 is the main vehicle for it. The 1C on weekdays would honestly help a lot as people get off the GO 29 & 25 and are forced to Uber or take a taxi. It's nice to see the system grow from what it was back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Also planning to add Presto is a smart move

It would be the easiest way of extending their passengers’ reach with the pending connections with MiWay and Brampton Transit via the Outlet Mall (did they specify when that service would start?) and the proposed connection with Oakville Transit with a 2-hour PRESTO window.  Were there any details about where the Derry, Britannia and Oakville routes terminate outside of Milton?

• 5 months later...

Milton has proposed a route to the Toronto Outlet Mall which is part of the service reviews. Seems this may be one of the first approved.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/9483531-milton-transit-proposes-new-service-to-toronto-premium-outlets-and-beyond/

Also with GO Transit cancelling route 20 to Oakville. Perhaps this could open up another route to Bronte using either an Oakville or Milton bus?

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/9588090--really-upsetting-metrolinx-cancels-go-bus-route-from-milton-to-oakville-and-sheridan-college/

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Also with GO Transit cancelling route 20 to Oakville. Perhaps this could open up another route to Bronte using either an Oakville or Milton bus?

Yes, hard to accept that there is now no direct transit connection between these two communities with populations totalling 325,000.

The closest connection would be along Regional Road 25, to close the gap between Milton route 9 at Britannia / Reg. Road 25, and Oakville route 5 at Bronte Rd / Dundas, a distance of 7.5 km.  If that connection is extended to Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (OTMH), which provides better connectivity, the gap distance is 9.3 km.   If the connection point in Oakville is OTMH, then there would be direct service onward via OT route 5 to Uptown Core, Sheridan College and Oakville GO, and via OT route 3 to Bronte GO and Bronte Village.

Filling the gap with Milton route 9 would make the most sense, but there would need to be discussions between the two municipalities.   It will be interesting to see what happens, if anything.

• 2 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, cm99746 said:

I saw two new Milton Transit RAM Promasters in service today.  One was numbered 1921 (yes, not the expected numbering) and I didn't catch the number of the other one.

Very interesting! Were they on the 1A & 1B or just the Home to Hub.