Milton Transit

ORION

Milton has taken delivery of two LFS in November. They are numbered 1701 and 1702. Someone mentioned that they were acquired for a new route 9 in April of 2017, so a shout out to you. So far they are just expansion only so no retirements unless more have been ordered.

• Like 1

More details on Milton Transit service expansions in 2017:

• Route 9 Britannia - Milton GO/Ontario St/Farmstead/Britannia (April)
  • Route 1C Industrial (Saturday service)- Milton GO/Hwy 401 Carpool Lot/High Point Dr (April)
  • Modifications to route 5, 7, 8 (April)
  • Late evening service on weekdays until 11pm (September)

Good to finally see Saturday connection to GO Transit routes 25 and 29.

http://www.milton.ca/MeetingDocuments/Council/agendas2016/rpts2016/ENG-033-16 2017 Milton Transit Service Plan.pdf

http://www.miltontransit.ca/en/schedules-maps/resources/display_boards_input_session.pdf

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rural transit pilot service to Campbellville has been approved and will run between April 3 and Labour Day. Buses will run between Milton GO and Guelph Line/401 via Campbellville Rd and 25/401 Carpool Lot 7 days a week, making it the only Milton route to run on Sundays.

Report: http://www.milton.ca/MeetingDocuments/Council/agendas2017/rpts2017/ENG-002-17 Pilot Transit Service to Campbellville.pdf

News: http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/7164142-rural-milton-transit-pilot-unanimously-approved/

39 minutes ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

Rural transit pilot service to Campbellville has been approved and will run between April 3 and Labour Day. Buses will run between Milton GO and Guelph Line/401 via Campbellville Rd and 25/401 Carpool Lot 7 days a week, making it the only Milton route to run on Sundays.

Report: http://www.milton.ca/MeetingDocuments/Council/agendas2017/rpts2017/ENG-002-17 Pilot Transit Service to Campbellville.pdf

News: http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/7164142-rural-milton-transit-pilot-unanimously-approved/

I wonder if they'll use one of the ARBOCs on this route to start. Campbellville is a very small area so a cutaway of some kind would be perfect there.

9 minutes ago, Chris W said:

I wonder if they'll use one of the ARBOCs on this route to start. Campbellville is a very small area so a cutaway of some kind would be perfect there.

They did get approved fundung for 3 new buses this year. So maybe new Arbocs are on the way. I do know that they need two Arbocs for the Access+ and two for the 1A/1B and one for the 1C. So maybe this order of three are Arbocs or Nova's

7 minutes ago, Chris W said:

Would make alot of sense for Arbocs to be used, yes.

It'd be the other alternative Milton route to connect with GO 25 and 29 at that Carpool Lot at Regional Road 25.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016 at 7:47 PM, TTC 9701 said:

Milton has taken delivery of two LFS in November. They are numbered 1701 and 1702. Someone mentioned that they were acquired for a new route 9 in April of 2017, so a shout out to you. So far they are just expansion only so no retirements unless more have been ordered.

The new Novas came out to play this morning.  I saw 1701 & 1702 both departing Milton GO at 0555.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:27 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Would make alot of sense for Arbocs to be used, yes.

It'd be the other alternative Milton route to connect with GO 25 and 29 at that Carpool Lot at Regional Road 25.

in which 2 new buses may arrive for that route.

• 2 weeks later...

Routes 9 and 62 have started today using XD40's.  There are also peak period buses on the 6 and 7 which were using 9701 and 9702. Click the links to view the schedule times.

NEW! Routes and Schedules

62 Campbellville

Route and Schedule Changes

7 Harrison

8 Willmott

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Jan Boic said:

3 Nova LFS buses are due for delivery for the end of this year apparently. Also, the town is re branding, which will include a new livery for buses.

Their livery is fine though. You dont see it half the time cause of the Burlington style ads anyways. Do you know when the rebranding is set to begin on the fleet?

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Their livery is fine though. You dont see it half the time cause of the Burlington style ads anyways. Do you know when the rebranding is set to begin on the fleet?

The point isn't that "their livery is fine". This is a town wide rebrand. Visit their website for more information.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 20/08/2017 at 8:52 PM, OBI said:

The point isn't that "their livery is fine". This is a town wide rebrand. Visit their website for more information.

Yes I had no clue that their old branding was 27 years old. It looked very modern. I wonder if the three LFS that are due this year will be in the new livery. Also will these three replace two active 1995s and the fire victim 9704 or just three active ones. I didnt see anything about new routes lately for next year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cm99746 said:

1801 in service for PM rush.  I passed it around 5:35 pm as it was inbound to Milton GO on Route 8.

New livery and white (full colour?) front destination sign.

1803 was also out, I think it replaced 0903 as one of the 2 Main buses. And as you mentioned, 1801 also came out doing a driver changeoff, then did the 5/8 for the PM.