Milton Transit

ORION

• Root Admin

Oakville Transit took delivery of 3 out of 4 Blue Bird Ultra LF Buses, owned and purchased by the Town of Milton. They arrived in Oakville, so they can be prepared for service (plated, decalled, etc), before they're sent up to Milton to be stored permantently. I've attached pictures of 3 out of four units. The last two shots show the third unit minutes after it arrived to our yard.

Enjoy! :P

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Any difference in specs between these and Oakville's own Blue Birds?

Dan

They seem to be the same except some minor exterior differences.

The seats are the same as Oakville's except the pattern of the upholstery, and some paddings.

Floor is the same as Oakville's newest Flyers.

Bike rack holder pre-installed.

Front wheel splash guards (that hairy thingy).

Oakville Transit took delivery of 3 out of 4 Blue Bird Ultra LF Buses, owned and purchased by the Town of Milton. They arrived in Oakville, so they can be prepared for service (plated, decalled, etc), before they're sent up to Milton to be stored permantently. I've attached pictures of 3 out of four units. The last two shots show the third unit minutes after it arrived to our yard.

Enjoy! :P

Cute. Is that just the photo or are the turn signal pedals really that much on an angle? So these buses will be operated by the Town of Milton? I wonder why they didn't just contract it out?

Cute. Is that just the photo or are the turn signal pedals really that much on an angle? So these buses will be operated by the Town of Milton? I wonder why they didn't just contract it out?

Looks like those turn signals/high beam are mounted at the same angle as the brake pedal.

Owned by the Town of Milton, operated by Oakville Transit drivers, stored and maintained at GO Milton Satellite garage (with exception of delivery).

They seem to be the same except some minor exterior differences.

The seats are the same as Oakville's except the pattern of the upholstery, and some paddings.

Floor is the same as Oakville's newest Flyers.

Bike rack holder pre-installed.

Front wheel splash guards (that hairy thingy).

About time to get padded. Although they've still ordered rear door operated, I wonder why the D40LFR can't have that unless this is management choice to make changes, yeah right!

Those wheel bristle aren't necessary to have it, they have enough coverage on front wheel.

• Root Admin
Very blue interior, I see they are only getting 4 buses I thought they would get at least 5 so they have a spare.

Aparently, the town is not "transit friendly" and they dont seem to want to spend the money for another unit for now.

Is that just the photo or are the turn signal pedals really that much on an angle?

Yes it is! I found those switches are so hard to step on because of that angle... I usually just use the stick from the steering column.

About time to get padded. Although they've still ordered rear door operated, I wonder why the D40LFR can't have that unless this is management choice to make changes, yeah right!

Those wheel bristle aren't necessary to have it, they have enough coverage on front wheel.

Sorry to disappoint you but apparently Milton did not order padded seats.... They might have to go after Blue Bird if they get sliced/vandalized for repair costs lol

The infrared sensored rear door looks like it's becoming industry standard now? I haven't been on Mississauga's D60LFRs but I know the Eldorados have that too. There's no touch bar, instead it says "touch here to open door" right on the door.

The wheel bristle supposed to go all the way down to the end of the wheelwell, not halfway.

Yes it is! I found those switches are so hard to step on because of that angle... I usually just use the stick from the steering column.

Wow. The Nova LFS also has a stick on the steering column but it only activates the high beams. I'm sure it can be wired to activate the turn signals as well, as it can be moved up and down. They should have installed the same turn signal pedals on on the LFS, they're the nicest I've seen to date.

Sorry to disappoint you but apparently Milton did not order padded seats.... They might have to go after Blue Bird if they get sliced/vandalized for repair costs lol

The infrared sensored rear door looks like it's becoming industry standard now? I haven't been on Mississauga's D60LFRs but I know the Eldorados have that too. There's no touch bar, instead it says "touch here to open door" right on the door.

The wheel bristle supposed to go all the way down to the end of the wheelwell, not halfway.

Buses are still being ordered with other rear door operations. Mississauga still uses touch bars, but a different model: the Vapor vTouch. They're light wheight, less intrusive, and I believe more durable.

It's Oakville order, not Milton due to piggyback. Well, it's quite a shame a small, spoiled town when it comes with vandels, yet mechanics cannot keep it up on cleaniness.

All of the 07 and 08 Mississauga buses have 'touch bars', put your hand on the bars and as soon driver activated the rear door, it opens! I was simply shocked that rear door is now very sensitive without using physical force.

Buses are still being ordered with other rear door operations. Mississauga still uses touch bars, but a different model: the Vapor vTouch. They're light wheight, less intrusive, and I believe more durable.

Rear door operated, an example of TW, HSR, St. Catharines and couple others.

Wow. The Nova LFS also has a stick on the steering column but it only activates the high beams. I'm sure it can be wired to activate the turn signals as well, as it can be moved up and down. They should have installed the same turn signal pedals on on the LFS, they're the nicest I've seen to date.

You use the stick to activate turn signals on the LFSs in Whitby, they don't have separate floor switches.

I did get a small update today regarding the Milton Transit Buses. They will be numbered #0801-0804 and should be decalled starting next week.

Proper fleet # at least!

In 2010 when OT puts a new fleet #, expect a 5 digit, which is my guess!

Milton's holding a contest when you spot the new buses in their (new?) livery. The only example of the livery I could find for the contest was on the new transit map which takes effect on March 10. It's not an actual photo but simply a picture with the livery. It's on the first page in the middle of all of the other schedules.

Milton's holding a contest when you spot the new buses in their (new?) livery. The only example of the livery I could find for the contest was on the new transit map which takes effect on March 10. It's not an actual photo but simply a picture with the livery. It's on the first page in the middle of all of the other schedules.

Looks nice on the livery, 10x better than OT at least.

LOL, for all those who said sightings are pointless... :P

What about the Cutaways? Will they be used as spares?

Since the drivers for Milton Transit will still be Oakville drivers, I would take a wild (very out there) guess that the drivers go to the Oakville Garage and will use one of the Cutaway "Zone Buses" to transport them to Milton where they can then pick up their bus for the day and leave the Cutaway as a spare bus. They must have a back up plan because the buses will break down and there will be maintenance needed, They cant expect to run 5 bus routes with only 4 buses in the fleet ! (route 4 and 5 interline to use one bus)