GO-Trains to alleviate local traffic snarls...

I apologize for offending you Steve. It didn't come out the way it should have. I'm just trying to encourage you to actually get on board the train. But if you don't want that... like I said, go to Mo West Stn, which isn't far from you at all.

I dont know if my firefox is messed up or whatnot, but i cannot see those pics in large size, i click on them and then its blank with the info at the top still written.

Still.. I can't see how one wouldnt want to ride them.

Yeah I've got to talk to the webmaster about that... but the thumbnails prove the point that photos at Elmhurst are 101% possible.

Oh, and my buddy has posted some of the first 2006 GO pics on the web: http://rides.webshots.com/album/554611481aGEiLs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for offending you Steve. It didn't come out the way it should have. I'm just trying to encourage you to actually get on board the train. But if you don't want that... like I said, go to Mo West Stn, which isn't far from you at all.

Yeah I've got to talk to the webmaster about that... but the thumbnails prove the point that photos at Elmhurst are 101% possible.

Oh, and my buddy has posted some of the first 2006 GO pics on the web: http://rides.webshots.com/album/554611481aGEiLs

Okay, no problem. I will ride it to Parc stn tomorrow. Wow, very nice pics of the GO train! I can't wait to see it!

Nice GO pics!

Now I can just imagine someone living nearby that rail line who may--in the unlikely event--have not been aware of this supplementary GO-Train service; perhaps someone just waking up and looking incredulously out his or her window and thinking: "Huh?! So Montreal has finally become a Toronto suburb, eh?" ;-)

I'm gonna ride it the PM outbound to Parc (hoping it stops there.) I use the transfers (to get the discount) from Lucien L'Allier all the time, and the conductor never told me anything...

I'll be meeting a couple of guys this afternoon at the commuter station at Lucien-L'Allier. Everyone's welcome to join. It'll be a rare experience to board a GO Train in Montreal, and a perfect time to meet other transit fans from the area! The train departure is 5:55pm and will arrive in Ste-Rose at 6:44pm for a transfer via STL back to Cote-Vertu.

Hope to see some of you guys there! Remember though that it will cost extra to ride the commuter train.

Good Luck!

I'll be meeting a couple of guys this afternoon at the commuter station at Lucien-L'Allier. Everyone's welcome to join. It'll be a rare experience to board a GO Train in Montreal, and a perfect time to meet other transit fans from the area! The train departure is 5:55pm and will arrive in Ste-Rose at 6:44pm for a transfer via STL back to Cote-Vertu.

Hope to see some of you guys there! Remember though that it will cost extra to ride the commuter train.

Good Luck!

The GO Train will also be cheaper for you guys to ride, then what we have to pay. :)

I rode the GO Train today with a bunch of guys from the board. All I got to say is that its the cleanest train I've ever been on! Also, everything is in english! Wow! I love it... I took a bunch of photos. It was interesting to see people's reactions to a GO train pulling into the stations..lol

I rode the GO Train today with a bunch of guys from the board. All I got to say is that its the cleanest train I've ever been on! Also, everything is in english! Wow! I love it... I took a bunch of photos. It was interesting to see people's reactions to a GO train pulling into the stations..lol

Their not so clean after rush-hour :)... but yeah, GO Transit takes good care of their equipment.

I was with them. Very nice and clean train they sent us. And of course, that dogwalking couple's reaction and that guy who went past the waiting zone to see us in his car. What he did was stupid...eh..

They had bathrooms, but they were locked out for us. The one thing I found annoying was the green tint they had on the windows. Sorry, but tht tint is horrible! :) I like how the floor had glow-in-the-dark floor lines and how the train's headlight flashes left to right while leaving. The locomotive (564) sounded awesome!

The remaining of us went back to Montreal on STL's 0309 on the 72.

Low, like 5-7 people per car including us. This was from LLA to St. Rose, after that I can't tell if it was a hit. Maybe we should wait and see if more use it...

That's true. The ridership on this train was very low. I don't know how long it will last, but probably most people don't even know that its an AMT train..lol On top of that, there's no destination signs next to the doors.

Remember that ridership is always lower in the afternoon than the morning.

And we cannot assume that it was like that leaving for MTL this morning.

Also, the train was at 17h55!!! Hello!! I don't know what Toronto's like but im MTL on a friday most ppl have left work as early as possible in the 3-4h30-5pm hour and 6pm on a friday is quite late. Most ppl are already on their way home or home and are preparing to leave home once again for a night on the town. Not to mention its thanksgiving weekend which entises even more people to have left work early and many people will be travelling this weekend.

So Friday is not the day to draw conclusions on patronage, it is also the highest car use day as well i believe.

The best days for transit use are Tuesdays and Wednesdays hands down!

That's true. The ridership on this train was very low. I don't know how long it will last, but probably most people don't even know that its an AMT train..lol On top of that, there's no destination signs next to the doors.

I think the AMT didn't do a good enough job of advertising this new extra. They should of put up posters (small-large) with a picture of a GO logo maybe even a train showing it will do the Blainville-Montreal route.

I was expecting much more people than what we had yesterday!! And also the fact the cars didn't have any destination signs.

The GO Train will also be cheaper for you guys to ride, then what we have to pay. :blink:

:lol: I only paid $1.50 to get on for Zone 3! At first I was expecting 2 something but with the combined fare and the reducied fare I got $1.50.

The remaining of us went back to Montreal on STL's 0309 on the 72.

And someone didn't know how to use a GFI :P . It took you about 2 mins to put all you change in, all those dimes and etc...

It just occured to me how GO Transit could make a few extra bucks by offering passage to anyone who wants to ride the final train back to Toronto or wherever it ends up.

After all, a 400-mile deadhead would be unforgiveable, don't you think?

Makes me wonder if there were any lucky passengers on the way IN here, too!

It just occured to me how GO Transit could make a few extra bucks by offering passage to anyone who wants to ride the final train back to Toronto or wherever it ends up.

After all, a 400-mile deadhead would be unforgiveable, don't you think?

Makes me wonder if there were any lucky passengers on the way IN here, too!

I doubt it. Insurance would probably not permit... But none the less, a great idea :blink:

I doubt it. Insurance would probably not permit... But none the less, a great idea :P

Yup...not to mention they'd have to unlock those toilets, otherwise the passengers' back teeth would be floating by the time they'd approach Kingston! :lol::blink:

Very true :P

But they are BiLevels :P

Aw, what the heck...I'm gonna stowaway somewhere onboard and just carry my pee-bottle with me, that's all. :lol:

But...but...officer...I musta fallen asleep on the train at Lucien L'Allier, and... :blink:

I just have a question about AMT. I know that GO's trains are usually 10 cars long(soon to be 12), how long are AMT's trains usually? Cuz I don't think their fleet is anything in size compared to GO's. Same goes with ridership.