GRT's C40LF's

newflyerinvero

Well with those C40LF's, there outta be a CNG-fuel station at one of the garages...but not a big one, as it's only the C40LF's...hmm. Would those buses be rebuilt or would they be disposed of (retired) say after another 2 years for its 12-year service life?

Rebuild, they are on the 4 year Rebuild plan for all the 92s,94s and 96s,

FYI - Two of the 22 C40LF's have been rebuilt due to fires

Well with those C40LF's, there outta be a CNG-fuel station at one of the garages...but not a big one, as it's only the C40LF's...hmm. Would those buses be rebuilt or would they be disposed of (retired) say after another 2 years for its 12-year service life?

There are numerous rumours circulating within the walls at the Strasburg Rd. Operations Centre. One of the rumours was that the gas plant, as well as the CNG buses will be sold off as a package. The most recent was that the CNG powered buses would be sent out for rebuild when their time came, and would come back powered by diesel.

The gas plant at GRT is also at the Strasburg Rd. location, and is by no means a small one. The station is able to fuel 100 CNG vehicles per night, but obviously isn't being used to its full potential. It is also a fast fill station, meaning that each bus can be fueled quite quickly and apparently is a hot item on the market.

Rebuild, they are on the 4 year Rebuild plan for all the 92s,94s and 96s,

FYI - Two of the 22 C40LF's have been rebuilt due to fires

9600-9622 = 23 coaches.

They won't be for sale anytime soon, if thats even what they do to them. As I said, they could be rebuilt into diesels. Or maybe they'll surprise us completely and keep them or do something else. At this point its all rumours.

Considering the shortage of buses currently present at GRT, they need all the buses they have right now.

• 1 month later...

Other then the C40LF's which GRT has, do they have any other CNG bus whcih is actively in service?

I had heard that the C40LF's were going to be retrofit into diesels when they get to thier 12 year.

Also that the CNG fueling station was being sold to Alberta (I think) Transit.

Please don't hold me to this as it was just "what I heard"

I had heard that the C40LF's were going to be retrofit into diesels when they get to thier 12 year.

Also that the CNG fueling station was being sold to Alberta (I think) Transit.

Please don't hold me to this as it was just "what I heard"

What is Alberta Transit?

There are no CNG public transit buses in Alberta btw.