Do you get influenced...

Stop Requested

Well, two days in a row and my classmates, and friends are pushing me to smoke weed. "Yo man, it's kool, you should try some". Again today they tried even more to make me smoke some "Just take a puff, you'll like it", and when I said no "Man, one day you'll do it, trust me".

It's the season of being asked to smoke drugs.... Viva Las Vegas...

I've seen kids at my school roll up some paper, and put about 2 grams of weed to smoke. Today I witnessed two guys ask a asian guy in my science class to buy about 3 grams for $20. I also witnessed my best friend doing it infront of me and the other guys.

And yet, I'm still going stong with my answer, NO!

Has anyone ever influenced you to do something bad?

Well, two days in a row and my classmates, and friends are pushing me to smoke weed. "Yo man, it's kool, you should try some". Again today they tried even more to make me smoke some "Just take a puff, you'll like it", and when I said no "Man, one day you'll do it, trust me".

It's the season of being asked to smoke drugs.... Viva Las Vegas...

I've seen kids at my school roll up some paper, and put about 2 grams of weed to smoke. Today I witnessed two guys ask a asian guy in my science class to buy about 3 grams for $20. I also witnessed my best friend doing it infront of me and the other guys.

And yet, I'm still going stong with my answer, NO!

Yup. I began smoking (I've quit since) when I started hanging out with bus driver friends. Everyone standing around in a circle at a transit center, smoking, and I was young and impressionable. Quite often we do things not because of pressure, but because someone we admire does this and we want to 'be like that person'. Or we do things to be liked or to fit in.

But stand your ground and don't cave into pressure.

Weed isn't that bad. I have it smoke a couple of times. But I never understood the allure of being stoned at school, and smoking everyday. Seemed like a waste to me. But yeah. Do not cave into the pressure. Especially at school.

It's good to stand up for yourself. People respect you a lot more for it.

personally i don't think marajuana is any more damaging than alcohol and the gov't is being a tad hypocritical in legally regulating one for sale and not the other.

(never heard of anyone getting stoned and beating their wife and kids after either)

i tried it in my younger days, but it did'nt agree with me and i have steered clear of the stuff ever since. but i have friends who do smoke it on occasion and i don't think any less of them for it.

wether you do or not is a personal descision only you can make and i respect that.

that said, i'd definitely avoid any of the other substances higher up in the drug food chain- i'm positive they're floating around your high school. they were definitely around when i was a student.

I have friends who smoke failrly regularly, and they have great careers, and doing extremely well for themselves. The government is definitely off the base, especially when alcohol, and nictotine is just as damaging. I would argue the alcohol is more dangerous then maurijauna.

I have friends who smoke failrly regularly, and they have great careers, and doing extremely well for themselves. The government is definitely off the base, especially when alcohol, and nictotine is just as damaging. I would argue the alcohol is more dangerous then maurijauna.

agreed.

From what I have seen, half the students in my science class end up high (after lunch) but can still concentrate.

But last semester, their was one individual, who drank alcohol, and couldn't pay attention in class because they were sober. Complaining to me saying "Can you read this to me, I'm sober".... Not surprising seeing as this person looked like they were all tired out drinking, but that they don't seem to keep this information to themself, as I didn't really care, so I moved my seat away, seeing as, this would cause a distractiong to me and for this person.

I don't know why some teenagers parents allow them to drink, but from what I have heard, that, they sneak alcohol from home, and drink it after school, or do it at home when their parents are gone or asleep..

And as usual, I get asked "Do you drink? You want to try some?"

No and if you give in to the pressure; you really don't have much confidence and respect for yourself.

From what I have seen, half the students in my science class end up high (after lunch) but can still concentrate

I don't know what kind of science class is that! <_<

I don't know why some teenagers parents allow them to drink, but from what I have heard, that, they sneak alcohol from home, and drink it after school, or do it at home when their parents are gone or asleep..

They probably want them to experiment at home safely rather than elsewhere. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I've never (not in my JHS/HS life, anyway) given in to pressure. I'll admit, I do have the occasional "I wonder what it's like" moment, but I've always decided against it. I've never seen the point. I only have a couple of friends, but I've no interest in smoking pot/... to get more, especially since IMO, the people that give you the 'You must do <...> and we'll be your friend" attitude really aren't your friends.

They probably want them to experiment at home safely rather than elsewhere. Better safe than sorry I guess.

When my son turned 18 and was keen to try his hand at drinking, I let him. And I even INSISTED that he (and his friends) drink at home. That way I knew they were safe and sound, they could pass out / sleep over whatever. No problem. No one was drinking & DRIVING. He is no longer curious about alcohol, and his drink of choice is still water, pepsi or coke. His friends aren't drinkers either, so I can see his upcoming wedding being very inexpensive where drinks are concerned.

When I was in high school i had people try to get me to smoke weed & to be honest theres drugs worse than weed. I have had people try to get me to take acid, esctacy, & crack cocaine. I say no all the time, but they always ask why & so I tell them the truth, I have a chemical inbalence. I cut back on cigarettes, & i havent had any alcohol since x-mas, but kids are gonna always do this. those kids arent really your friends, I lost quite a few friends because of this. Its just the ways of the high school life, dont let it get to 'ya. Just keep saying no & stay strong.