Mystic

Reactions to Transit Enthusiasts

When my friends and I randomly found a Anteater Express BYD K9M, we recorded the bus passing by. The driver gave us a wave and was smiling at us. 

• Like 1

I tend to get 2 reactions from STO drivers.

1) They are super awesome and let me take many pics of their bus, etc... (I've even had two or three allow me to change their run boxes after school trips) OR
2) They stare at me wierdly and don't say a word.

There really seems to be no middle ground.

• Haha 1

Not a driver reacting, but decided to post this here as it was at least somewhat relevant.

My little brother thinks it's weird how I am obsessed with buses for some reason. I try explaining that it's simply what I like but he still thinks it's odd. Even he knew that we got new Nova LFS buses recently (but he didn't know the name of said bus) so maybe a beginner transit fan in disguise? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Not a driver reacting, but decided to post this here as it was at least somewhat relevant.

My little brother thinks it's weird how I am obsessed with buses for some reason. I try explaining that it's simply what I like but he still thinks it's odd. Even he knew that we got new Nova LFS buses recently (but he didn't know the name of said bus) so maybe a beginner transit fan in disguise? 

Aww... He's still in the closet (trust me, I know the signs)

On 5/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, dudebrains said:

I tend to get 2 reactions from STO drivers.

1) They are super awesome and let me take many pics of their bus, etc... (I've even had two or three allow me to change their run boxes after school trips) OR
2) They stare at me wierdly and don't say a word.

There really seems to be no middle ground.

Oh God you won't believe some drivers... I've had one driver pull right over to ask if I was taking photos of him. Of course I played the English card and he couldn't speak it so he left shaking his head cussing in French towards me... Salop, petite merde, etc...

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Oh God you won't believe some drivers... I've had one driver pull right over to ask if I was taking photos of him. Of course I played the English card and he couldn't speak it so he left shaking his head cussing in French towards me... Salop, petite merde, etc...

Messing with STO drivers 101

• Sad 1

I was riding LA Metro 5685, and I was going to record the ride, but the driver told me to cut it off. He basically stopped the whole bus, and gave me a word how I shouldn't record on the bus. I went back to my seat, and I audio recorded the ride instead. 

• Sad 2

The Spruce Meadows driver from a couple weeks ago asked me a bit about the bus he was driving, and was friendly to me. He seemed interested in the bus fanning hobby, and welcomed me to record on it (which I did)

Not too long ago, I spotted STM's 22-408 (muralfest painted bus) and decided to take some pictures of it. After waiting around for a bit, I then decided to board the bus for a ride and as soon as I boarded, the driver said as a joke, "now you're gonna take pictures inside the bus!". 

18 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Had two Miway drivers yell at me for busfanning and one of drivers were talking to two more drivers about me i could hear them yelling

Call it in and report it. I've had issues with MiWay drivers before.

One driver asked me why I always took pictures of the buses. I told her that I was a bus fanner, and explained that foamers were like car/truck nerds. She then said that she hadn't heard of such a thing before, and was curious of what it was I was doing.

Another one from school a while back:

You like buses. Kids ride on buses. Therefore, you are a pedophile.

Another bus fanner and I were fanning at the new UBC exchange and we were just on the curb where the buses re-enter the layover area and were about to take a pic of 18005 as it turned but then the driver honked and scared the dickens out of me(making me miss my shot) then stop right next to us, opened the door then told us that what we were doing was unsafe, that we would be liable if a driver didn't see us and hit us and that we should be wearing orange safety vests. He then went to tell us to get out of the "layover area".

So i come into 9221 and dab in front of the driver and he says "sigh, gotta love em gold diggers" i dont even know what that means becuase dabbing in front of a TTC driver does not make me a gold digger

OP ID #77566 at 8:07 PM 

• Confused 4

Just now, BUS96 said:

So i come into 9221 and dab in front of the driver and he says "sigh, gotta love em gold diggers" i dont even know what that means becuase dabbing in front of a TTC driver does not make me a gold digger

1. Why?

2. I think he thought you were picking your nose

Just now, GrandeWest_B35G said:

1. Why?

2. I think he thought you were picking your nose

1. Dabbing is cool.

2. No becuase i did a cringe dab

• Confused 4

Just now, GrandeWest_B35G said:

1. No. It's not.

2. Again, why?

1. Yes it is.

2. Cuz i want to look cooler

• Confused 7

Today, I rode Calgary Transit route 157 to the Stoney Garage.  A fellow CT operator was on the same bus I was, and was very confused that I was taking pictures as she was pulling her bus out of the garage!

Can imagine the influx of posts on here on tuesday after the ALRVs are gone and we all fan them on monday afternoon lol

While we're on the topic, driver of 5028 yesterday (OC Transpo) let me take pictures of his bus, and let me record him starting up and revving it. After, 4227's driver talked a bit to me about the Iverno, and his experience driving it. Photo'd it and recorded it starting to. Resulting photos on OC Transpo photo additions.

• Like 2