Mystic

Reactions to Transit Enthusiasts

Years ago I was walking up Broadview Ave. carrying a 35mm SLR camera. I wasn't even taking pictures with it because I'd finished what I was doing photographing in the Don Valley and some TTC employee on points duty at Dundas ripped chunks out of me demanding to know if I was photographing TTC operators.  I was pissed off about this so I decided to have some fun at this jerk's expense. I said no and said that I typically use video for industrial relations investigations.  Then I continued on my way and let him think about that.

• Haha 11

Yesterday I filmed 598X (one of the fully wrapped sets) at College, and later when I was going home, at Pape, I was watching the video on my phone (with the volume down), and as the doors were closing the operator made an announcement "no taking pictures ["of the operator", "of other passengers", "of/on the platform"]". I have no idea who he was referring to since I wasn't taking pictures and my phone wasn't pointed at the operator's cab or at anyone else.

23 hours ago, D. Jacenkovic said:

Yesterday I filmed 598X (one of the fully wrapped sets) at College, and later when I was going home, at Pape, I was watching the video on my phone (with the volume down), and as the doors were closing the operator made an announcement "no taking pictures ["of the operator", "of other passengers", "of/on the platform"]". I have no idea who he was referring to since I wasn't taking pictures and my phone wasn't pointed at the operator's cab or at anyone else.

Probably announcing his ignorance. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:43 AM, Wayside Observer said:

Years ago I was walking up Broadview Ave. carrying a 35mm SLR camera. I wasn't even taking pictures with it because I'd finished what I was doing photographing in the Don Valley and some TTC employee on points duty at Dundas ripped chunks out of me demanding to know if I was photographing TTC operators.  I was pissed off about this so I decided to have some fun at this jerk's expense. I said no and said that I typically use video for industrial relations investigations.  Then I continued on my way and let him think about that.

Classy. I would have gone the Monty Python route and said I spent the afternoon with his wife.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2018 at 1:57 AM, Downsview 108 said:

Classy. I would have gone the Monty Python route and said I spent the afternoon with his wife.

I like it. Maybe I should've just said, "I will not buy this record if it is scratched!" and continued on my merry way.

• Haha 1