Jump to content
Mystic

Reactions to Transit Enthusiasts

Recommended Posts

Years ago I was walking up Broadview Ave. carrying a 35mm SLR camera. I wasn't even taking pictures with it because I'd finished what I was doing photographing in the Don Valley and some TTC employee on points duty at Dundas ripped chunks out of me demanding to know if I was photographing TTC operators.  I was pissed off about this so I decided to have some fun at this jerk's expense. I said no and said that I typically use video for industrial relations investigations.  Then I continued on my way and let him think about that.

  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I filmed 598X (one of the fully wrapped sets) at College, and later when I was going home, at Pape, I was watching the video on my phone (with the volume down), and as the doors were closing the operator made an announcement "no taking pictures ["of the operator", "of other passengers", "of/on the platform"]". I have no idea who he was referring to since I wasn't taking pictures and my phone wasn't pointed at the operator's cab or at anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, D. Jacenkovic said:

Yesterday I filmed 598X (one of the fully wrapped sets) at College, and later when I was going home, at Pape, I was watching the video on my phone (with the volume down), and as the doors were closing the operator made an announcement "no taking pictures ["of the operator", "of other passengers", "of/on the platform"]". I have no idea who he was referring to since I wasn't taking pictures and my phone wasn't pointed at the operator's cab or at anyone else.

Probably announcing his ignorance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 9:43 AM, Wayside Observer said:

Years ago I was walking up Broadview Ave. carrying a 35mm SLR camera. I wasn't even taking pictures with it because I'd finished what I was doing photographing in the Don Valley and some TTC employee on points duty at Dundas ripped chunks out of me demanding to know if I was photographing TTC operators.  I was pissed off about this so I decided to have some fun at this jerk's expense. I said no and said that I typically use video for industrial relations investigations.  Then I continued on my way and let him think about that.

Classy. I would have gone the Monty Python route and said I spent the afternoon with his wife.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 1:57 AM, Downsview 108 said:

Classy. I would have gone the Monty Python route and said I spent the afternoon with his wife.

I like it. Maybe I should've just said, "I will not buy this record if it is scratched!" and continued on my merry way.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×