Sign in to follow this  
Shaun

Miami Dade Transit

I was in Miami for a couple of days this week, and i relied heavily on the bus system in Miami beach. I found the miami local shuttle (which is a bus which you can ride for .25) is a very good way of utilizing the transit system. Perhaps the TTC could learn from this and introduce a similar system. The busses are the ugliest thing in the world, but they do the job, and are usually quite full with Local and non local people. I think that this route would be ideal for Hybrids (when the current fleet needs to be replaced), since the busses are constantly stopping at every block to let people on and off. '

Most of their system consists of NABI busses with DDC engines. I found it interesting that they are very similar to New Flyer's D40LF. Everything from the inside layout to the drivers configuration is almost exactly the same (minus the front winshield of older flyers which have the bubble winshield which NABA busses do not have. ) I wonder if they are reliable? I saw quite a few broken down at the side of the road, but it's a harsh enviroment for sure, with drivers pushing them to the max constantly.

I was in Miami for a couple of days this week, and i relied heavily on the bus system in Miami beach. I found the miami local shuttle (which is a bus which you can ride for .25) is a very good way of utilizing the transit system. Perhaps the TTC could learn from this and introduce a similar system. The busses are the ugliest thing in the world, but they do the job, and are usually quite full with Local and non local people. I think that this route would be ideal for Hybrids (when the current fleet needs to be replaced), since the busses are constantly stopping at every block to let people on and off. '

Most of their system consists of NABI busses with DDC engines. I found it interesting that they are very similar to New Flyer's D40LF. Everything from the inside layout to the drivers configuration is almost exactly the same (minus the front winshield of older flyers which have the bubble winshield which NABA busses do not have. ) I wonder if they are reliable? I saw quite a few broken down at the side of the road, but it's a harsh enviroment for sure, with drivers pushing them to the max constantly.

Your talking about the NABI Opus, yeah and they got some Opus Optima.

Yeah, they got rid of their 93 Flxible just last year. It's now all NABI and their 436 will be going due to massive fire ongoing. Not just DDC, their 05 and 06 have ISM as well.

They got at least 10 1994 Flxibles left in the contingency fleet. They are 9403, 9407, 9408, 9409, 9421, 9422, 9426, 9427, 9429 and 9430.

Your talking about the NABI Opus, yeah and they got some Opus Optima.
I think you mean the NABI 30LFN. :rolleyes: Also known as the Optare Solo in Europe. Optima Bus is the manufacturer of the Opus, which used to be manufactured by Chance.

I think you mean the NABI 30LFN. :D Also known as the Optare Solo in Europe. Optima Bus is the manufacturer of the Opus, which used to be manufactured by Chance.

You know, I'm sure people mistaken calling their bus Optima "Opium" by accident.

"Really? The bus manufacture smuggling drugs inside their brand new bus?"

The busses get a lot of abuse, and the front foor rattles like crazy. Overall it's not a bad bus for short trips. I dont know if it is any funn to drive.

Those 30ft buses are lemons in the MDT bus fleet they provide a bouncy ride and some of the suspensions on these buses are going out. the drivers prefer the baby gillig

Are those the only 30' Opus made with the BRT styling? The MDT units are the only ones I can ever remember seeing photos of. Also from the looks of the design I bet that enlarged heavier front is putting some strain on the front suspension.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2014 at 8:59 PM, Transit man2015 said:

Those 30ft buses are lemons in the MDT bus fleet they provide a bouncy ride and some of the suspensions on these buses are going out. the drivers prefer the baby gillig

Some of them are RETIRED 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Doppelkupplung said:

You're the first person in over 10 years to have brought that up. How do you feel?

Well actually the other thread has more posts than this one even though it was created four years later. Thought there must be some way of merging the posts from the present thread into the more popular thread to avoid confusion for new members on this board.

• Like 1