Elliot Lake Transit

G.A

When I was up in Elliot Lake (ironically the weekend before Paul Bateson) I noted the Orion II in an Auto Storage/Scrap yard a couple of doors down from the bus yard. It looked to me as if it hadn't moved in some time, however looking at Paul's photos suggests that it had moved since.

The bus I had spotted several times during my stay was an ELF (see photo below) and from my understanding, this is the primary vehicle for the Handi-Lift.

ElliotLake_HandiLift.jpg

Marshall

After seeing 3/4 views of both sides of the two buses, it does not appear that they are numbered. Unless, perhaps they are numbered on the rear, but I don't recall seeing numbers on the rear of the ELF. I can't speak for the Orion II, however, as I didn't get a look at the rear of it.

After seeing 3/4 views of both sides of the two buses, it does not appear that they are numbered. Unless, perhaps they are numbered on the rear, but I don't recall seeing numbers on the rear of the ELF. I can't speak for the Orion II, however, as I didn't get a look at the rear of it.

Whats the point of numbering it if it's the only bus of it's kind in the system.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sometime late last year/earlier this year, Elliot Lake received it's NFI D40LF, numbered 0901.

Apologies for the crappy pics... it was a drive-by.

0901_1.JPG0901_2.JPG

This may have very well spelled the end for the ex-Sudbury Orion... I didn't see it at all when I was up there.

Marshall

Am planning on going to Elliott Lake next month, hoping to see the Nova's but I had heard of the D40LF.

Do the Nova's still have rollsigns?

I didn't recall seeing otherwise when I was up there last... With only four routes, I doubt very much there is a real need to retrofit the Novas anytime soon.

Marshall

I didn't recall seeing otherwise when I was up there last... With only four routes, I doubt very much there is a real need to retrofit the Novas anytime soon.

Marshall

Good. A couple of questions.

Where is the main transfer point?

Where is the garage?

I have been studying a map of the area but somethings don'e seem to add up to the transit maps.

Good. A couple of questions.

Where is the main transfer point?

Where is the garage?

I have been studying a map of the area but somethings don'e seem to add up to the transit maps.

The main transfer point is the Algo Centre, hard to miss... it's one of the larger structures in the 'downtown' area. But, just in case, the nearest main intersection is Hillside Drive North & Ontario Avenue. The buses park in designated spots near the north-east corner of the building.

The garage/yard is located a little further north, off of Highway 108, on Timber Road. If you use Google Earth... look for all the schoolies.

There really isn't much to see at the yard, unless you are a fan of schoolies. With a three bus transit fleet, two are usually out doing the runs during the day. I have no experience with the hospitality of AJ Bus Lines, so I would strongly suggest calling ahead if you plan on entering the property for any reason.

Marshall

• 2 months later...