GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

20 minutes ago, Odieville2 said:

During my travels in Ontario, I saw a MCI coach in GO livery (can't remember the unit number) going on highway 401 EB not far east from Kingston. Is that normal?

It's possible that it could have been one that was recently sold to a private owner.

1 hour ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Found on Reddit, not my pic. Wonder where they’re off to…

Anyone here familiar with how they secure these onto the flatcars? 

3166E147-6E18-4B20-99E3-BD4BE7AE31E3.png

I'm sure they have a way to chain them down. I'm surprised that the height doesn't make them a hazard. 

7 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Found on Reddit, not my pic. Wonder where they’re off to…

Anyone here familiar with how they secure these onto the flatcars? 

3166E147-6E18-4B20-99E3-BD4BE7AE31E3.png

I believe these are headed to a dealer out near Vancouver.

Most vehicles are usually chained down around the axles. I would assume that they've done the same here.

Dan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

It's supposed to trial on route 34

This appears to have changed. Look for an announcement in the new year with more information.

17 hours ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

I don‘t know if anyone notices the date of manufacture for 4000 the superlo ev was Nov 2015(someone took a picture of its info plate). Is it a demonstrator unit for ADL?Will it be possible for it to enter service one day?

Are you able to share the photo?

Apparently the two electric buses’ chassis were part of the first SuperLo order, but for one reason or another, weren’t taken by Metrolinx. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

In the past when GO used luglock rings on buses, did operators still have to remove the ring and check each nut by hand during a pre-trip? Or was it assumed that if the ring was on, they were secure?

Prying a lug loc off would definitely be beyond the scope of a pre trip inspection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doppelkupplung said:

In the past when GO used luglock rings on buses, did operators still have to remove the ring and check each nut by hand during a pre-trip? Or was it assumed that if the ring was on, they were secure?

Do operators actually have to do that?

Checking by hand will reveal nothing other than a nut ready to come off. That would be bad, of course, but you want to make sure that that isn't even possible.

Checking with a torque wrench would be more informative, but I'm envisioning a 3/4" drive monster for those nuts....

Go Transit to require passengers arrive earlier for a train departure since the doors will close 1 minute prior to departure. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/go-train-new-departure-policy-1.6707291?fbclid=IwAR1gO-fqfzCS-s71kAowqx8ytr2WORSy_IcJeYEjELF8Q6mqndpTjrTR0q0

Final comments:

I can understand if you are at the beginning of the station or at Union Station during the PM peak period. Since the train is already on the platform usually 10 minutes prior to departure plus with large volumes of people waiting depending on starting point. If the train is running late, they will need to adjust so that people have time to reach the platform and in case a short train is operating. 

When going down further the line either boarding or disembarking at busier stations, time is lost of course with the longer dwell times. Seeing how the Barrie line times have been rejigged by a few minutes either at the start or end of the line to maintain consistent departure times. 

Union Station Bus Terminal, they do employ that you have to arrive about a minute prior to departure time. Once the doors get locked, they don't reopen them. Posting which Zone and gate to board the bus ahead of time. Reminds me of catching a flight and how airlines advise arriving 2 to 3 hours prior to departure and how the boarding gate closes 10 minutes prior to departure to ensure on-time departure.