GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

16 hours ago, KenrichYT said:

GO 212 is nearing completion 

image not mine

B140B30B-F874-4549-A0C3-9AA01616BEBB.png

They must be getting ready to expand all or most of their rail services if these older cab cars are getting a complete rebuild. I had thought they were just going to be rebuilt into passenger only coaches.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KenrichYT said:

GO 212 is nearing completion 

image not mine

B140B30B-F874-4549-A0C3-9AA01616BEBB.png

YESSSSSSSS! Can't wait to see these in service!

1 hour ago, G.A said:

They must be getting ready to expand all or most of their rail services if these older cab cars are getting a complete rebuild. I had thought they were just going to be rebuilt into passenger only coaches.

I believe 242-250 are going to just become Coaches. I am not sure, but I asked a couple friends at GO.

6 hours ago, G.A said:

As part of electrification, they want to move to more, smaller trainsets.

4 hours ago, DiltonPlayzYT said:

I believe 242-250 are going to just become Coaches. I am not sure, but I asked a couple friends at GO.

Unless they work at Head Office in Equipment, it's only hearsay. I have lots of friends at Metrolinx - including a couple higher-ups in varying places at Head Office, both within Operations and Planning - and none of them have any idea what the actual plan for the cab cars is anymore.

If they run the trains, they DEFINITELY have no idea.

Dan

• Like 5

I spotted an Enviro 500 at MCI in Montréal today. It's grey/black on the rear but the sides and front are in GO livery (hard to tell from the photo, more visible from the other side on the highway).

I'm not sure if it's a demo or something?

20220612_144635.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

I spotted an Enviro 500 at MCI in Montréal today. It's grey/black on the rear but the sides and front are in GO livery (hard to tell from the photo, more visible from the other side on the highway).

20220612_144635.jpg

Looks more like the Enviro500EV demo:

alexander-dennis-enviro500ev-charge-5-10

• Thanks 1

This weekend they closed Hwy 7 at the Stouffville line level grade crossing to upgrade the tracks.

This got me wondering if they ever plan to grade separate this crossing since Hwy 7 is just as busy as Steeles and the whole corridor is suppose to get 15min all day all week service in a few years? If so how will they detour the traffic because everything directly east of the tracks are built very close to Hwy 7?

On 6/12/2022 at 9:22 PM, Gerbil said:

20220612_144635.jpg

So anyone knows where are the two GO Enviro 500 evs tested before currently?

30 minutes ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

So anyone knows where are the two GO Enviro 500 evs tested before currently?

They have their own #4000-4001. They are around.

Service changes effective June 25th:

Most of the service changes are reflected to adjust timing on select routes. Here is the list of the ones that will be adjusted for the summer booking period to better accommodate travel patterns. 

Route 12B Niagara Falls:

• Operating on weekdays and weekends in-conjunction with regular route 12.
  • 12B holding for connections from Lakeshore West trains and providing a more direct trip operating express from Burlington Go to Niagara Falls bus terminal only stopping at Stanley & Highway 420 Park and Ride. 
  • Route 12B heading to Burlington Go will depart later than the Route 12 while maintaining connections to Lakeshore West trains. 
  • Frequency will be hourly

Route 16 Hamilton Express:

• Frequency every half hour on weekends from 9 AM until 7 PM from Hamilton Go Centre.
  • 10:30 AM until 8:30 PM from Union Station Bus Terminal. 

Route 25 Mississauga/Waterloo:

• Extended to service Toronto Premium Outlets on weekends until the last weekend of August
  • Extended to St. Jacob's Market on Saturday
  • Express service between Square One and Wilfred Laurier University and University of Waterloo on weekends operating hourly

For St. Jacob's Market, the first trip to service from Square one is 6:10 AM arriving at 8:05 AM. First departure from St. Jacob's Market is from 8:15 AM until 7:45 PM operating hourly service.

From Toronto Premium Outlet Malls, the hours of service on weekends are:

• 9:51 AM until 9:23 PM eastbound towards Square One 
  • 9:35 AM until 8:45 PM westbound towards Waterloo

Some new branches of 25 have also been created noted below:

• 25C: Express between University of Waterloo and Square One
  • 25J: Service to St. Jacob's Market
  • 25K: Service to St. Jacob's Market bypassing Toronto Premium Outlets (early morning trips only)
  • 25L: Service to Toronto Premium Outlets 

Routes 47 and 52 extended to Canada's Wonderland until Labour Day. 

Since it requires an additional 20 minutes of running time for the route deviation, trips on the 47 and 52 will depart 20 minutes earlier to compensate. 

The terminus will be at Major Mackenzie & Highway 400 Park and Ride. 

Route 47 Hamilton Go/Canada's Wonderland:

• Eastbound will operate from Hamilton Go Centre at 5:55 AM arriving at Canada's Wonderland at 7:45 AM. Terminating at Major Mackenzie & Highway 400 Park and Ride nearby at 7:50 AM.
  • First trip going westbound to Hamilton Go Centre is at 8:10 AM and goes until 10:10 PM.
  • Canada's Wonderland trips are designated under 47W

Route 52 Oshawa Go/Canada's Wonderland:

• Starting at 6:20 AM arriving at Canada's Wonderland at 8 AM.
  • From Canada's Wonderland going eastbound from Major Mackenzie & Highway 400 Park and Ride, hours are from 8:25 AM until 10:25 PM with one final departure at 11:25 PM
  • All Route 52 trips on weekends will be designated as 52X.

Final comments:

The last time that Go Transit had a route service Canada's Wonderland is the Route 60/60A which was discontinued back in June 2019 due to the subway extension opening on Line 1. Passengers simply would transfer from either Pioneer Village, 407 Terminal or Vaughan Metro Centre and transfer to the 20 Jane which would provide a direct connection to Canada's Wonderland. 

Route 60 provided service from York Mills and Yorkdale to Canada's Wonderland via Highway 401 and 400. 60A operated as a shuttle between Yorkdale and Canada's Wonderland using the highway and laying up in a bus layup area on the premises. 

Will be interesting to see the uptake for those willing to to travel to Canada's Wonderland on 47W and 52X. The $10 day pass or $15 weekend pass is a good option for this time of the year. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Most of the service changes are reflected to adjust timing on select routes. Here is the list of the ones that will be adjusted for the summer booking period to better accommodate travel patterns. 

Route 12B Niagara Falls:

• 12B holding for connections from Lakeshore West trains and providing a more direct trip operating express from Burlington Go to Niagara Falls bus terminal only stopping at Stanley & Highway 420 Park and Ride. 
  • Route 12B heading to Burlington Go will depart later than the Route 12 while maintaining connections to Lakeshore West trains. 

• Frequency every half hour on weekends from 9 AM until 7 PM from Hamilton Go Centre.

• Extended to service Toronto Premium Outlets on weekends until the last weekend of August
  • Express service between Square One and Wilfred Laurier University and University of Waterloo on weekends operating hourly

For St. Jacob's Market, the first trip to service from Square one is 6:10 AM arriving at 8:05 AM. First departure from St. Jacob's Market is from 8:15 AM until 7:45 PM operating hourly service.

• 25K: Service to St. Jacob's Market bypassing Toronto Premium Outlets (early morning trips only)

Since it requires an additional 20 minutes of running time for the route deviation, trips on the 47 and 52 will depart 20 minutes earlier to compensate. 

• Eastbound will operate from Hamilton Go Centre at 5:55 AM arriving at Canada's Wonderland at 7:45 AM. Terminating at Major Mackenzie & Highway 400 Park and Ride nearby at 7:50 AM.
  • First trip going westbound to Hamilton Go Centre is at 8:10 AM and goes until 10:10 PM.

• From Canada's Wonderland going eastbound from Major Mackenzie & Highway 400 Park and Ride, hours are from 8:25 AM until 10:25 PM with one final departure at 11:25 PM

Final comments:

The last time that Go Transit had a route service Canada's Wonderland is the Route 60/60A which was discontinued back in June 2019 due to the subway extension opening on Line 1. Passengers simply would transfer from either Pioneer Village, 407 Terminal or Vaughan Metro Centre and transfer to the 20 Jane which would provide a direct connection to Canada's Wonderland. 

Route 60 provided service from York Mills and Yorkdale to Canada's Wonderland via Highway 401 and 400. 60A operated as a shuttle between Yorkdale and Canada's Wonderland using the highway and laying up in a bus layup area on the premises. 

Will be interesting to see the uptake for those willing to to travel to Canada's Wonderland on 47W and 52X. The $10 day pass or $15 weekend pass is a good option for this time of the year. 

Canada's Wonderland is definitely one of the "tourism drivers" for the summer. Not to mention the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) in Downtown Toronto. The day passes (for the GO Transit system) that you had mentioned - will definitely play a role on bringing tourists to these tourist attractions (and other events, too).

29 minutes ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

Have they really been in service on 34?

No they haven’t. They are still doing simulated service testing on the system. Sorry, I don’t know where they are being tested day to day.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, GTAmissions1 said:

The last time that Go Transit had a route service Canada's Wonderland is the Route 60/60A which was discontinued back in June 2019 due to the subway extension opening on Line 1.

Route 60 last operated in 2018.

16 minutes ago, Orion 1200 said:

Route 60 last operated in 2018.

It may have last operated in Summer 2018, but it wasn't officially announed as being cancelled until the summer 2019 service changes were announced (although I'm fairly confident most of us knew it wasn't going to be returning well before that).

So both of you are technically correct.

26 minutes ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

Anyone know if GO is retiring any buses in 2022??? I really need to pick up 5 buses this summer. If not GO, anyone know where I can get some used GO spec buses?

You could call MTB Transit Solutions. They might have some used coaches still.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, GTAmissions1 said:

Route 12B Niagara Falls:

Final comments:

Extended to service Toronto Premium Outlets on weekends until the last weekend of August
Extended to St. Jacob's Market on Saturday
Express service between Square One and Wilfred Laurier University and University of Waterloo on weekends operating hourly

I rode this service from the Kitchener VIA station to Bramalea, and we missed the connection at Dixie and Royal Bank by 5 min and the #36 Bus to York Mills by 1 minute. Which resulted in my 1.5 hour ride becoming 2 hours, traffic on the 401 was really bad from Milton to Mississauga.  Those bus lanes cant come soon enough. 

This service should run from SQ 1 to U of W express every hour all day everyday.  There are lots of people going to and from and the bus gets slowed down with each stop delaying the bus resulting in missed connections.  Or adjust the schedule to leave 5-10 min early to take traffic into consideration. 

The train from Union is not the fastest but I can see that it is a viable option even during mid-day taking into consideration the amount of traffic on the 401, and on the DVP during weekdays and weekends.  More Kitchener Train Service all around should be a priority, track laying on the tunnels under the 401 have not even started even though the tunnels were complete almost two years ago. 

48 minutes ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

How long will the wrap on 4001 last for?Soon after the parade?

GO has been a little unpredictable with how long they keep wraps on.

The 2020 pride bus is still on the streets, and until recently 8367 was wrapped like a race car, I have a photo of it from 2019 with the same wrap.

56 minutes ago, J. Hollingsworth said:

GO has been a little unpredictable with how long they keep wraps on.

The 2020 pride bus is still on the streets, and until recently 8367 was wrapped like a race car, I have a photo of it from 2019 with the same wrap.

8520 lost its Pride wrap recently. I would assume 8452 as well. 8467 lost its race car wrap a long while ago.