Jump to content

GO Transit


Enzo Aquarius
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/10/2022 at 2:48 PM, KenrichYT said:

At least 4 GO old Cab cars are near completion in the hawker refurbishment program
204 and 212 are confirmed to be 2 of them

I recall seeing a pic of a repainted cab car. Could someone post pics of the refurbished cab cars when you get a chance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2022 at 11:29 PM, 81-717 said:

Would be nice to see a repainted F59 as well.

Doubt it since they will likely be retired soon. 

Did they convert the gangway doors to be push button? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Did they convert the gangway doors to be push button? 

Yes, the intercar doors are a feature that's being redone across the fleet, pending funding, of course. The 26's were/are undergoing refits as they came/come in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Doubt it since they will likely be retired soon. 

They won’t be retired until the bridge near St. Mary’s on the Guelph Sub is upgraded. The MP40’s/54’s are allegedly too heavy. So GO is restricted to F59’s and 6 car trains 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, John Oke said:

They won’t be retired until the bridge near St. Mary’s on the Guelph Sub is upgraded. The MP40’s/54’s are allegedly too heavy. So GO is restricted to F59’s and 6 car trains 

Too heavy? They normally have two F49's leading and 6 cars. They're has been a few times a single MP40 has been used on that run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, G.A said:

Too heavy? They normally have two F49's leading and 6 cars. They're has been a few times a single MP40 has been used on that run.

I don't believe that they can use MP40's on the bridge. 

It likely has to do with the axle weight of the locomotive exceeding the weight limit of the track structure.  Not the total weight of the train it's self.  Notice how CN uses 2 axle locomotives on that route? It's likely because their bigger locomotives cannot go over the bridge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GO Transit's new "on-demand" pilot service - is coming to Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada for the first time starting this summer.

It will serve parts of Northumberland County (like Port Hope, Cobourg, Brighton, Trent Hills) and will link up with the Oshawa GO Station. The information is very scarce to share at this time, though:

https://www.thestar.com/local-northumberland/news/2022/04/19/new-on-demand-pilot-shuttle-service-will-connect-northumberland-to-go-network-says-mpp.html

https://northumberlandcountybreakingnewsfeed.ca/2022/04/19/go-on-demand-shuttle-service-is-coming-to-northumberland-county/

https://www.gonorthumberland.ca/2022/04/19/563942/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

GO Transit's new "on-demand" pilot service - is coming to Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada for the first time starting this summer.

It will serve parts of Northumberland County (like Port Hope, Cobourg, Brighton, Trent Hills) and will link up with the Oshawa GO Station. The information is very scarce to share at this time, though:

https://www.thestar.com/local-northumberland/news/2022/04/19/new-on-demand-pilot-shuttle-service-will-connect-northumberland-to-go-network-says-mpp.html

https://northumberlandcountybreakingnewsfeed.ca/2022/04/19/go-on-demand-shuttle-service-is-coming-to-northumberland-county/

https://www.gonorthumberland.ca/2022/04/19/563942/

Very interesting. Curious if they will be acquiring cutaways for the service or will be using their 45ft buses. This is a smart move for GO instead of throwing a bus out there on a schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, G.A said:

Very interesting. Curious if they will be acquiring cutaways for the service or will be using their 45ft buses. This is a smart move for GO instead of throwing a bus out there on a schedule.

So it will actually pick you up from your door and take you to the GO Station? I would think it would be based on buses arriving at Oshawa for a certain departure and then the pickup time will be adjusted accordingly. 

If you want to catch the 12pm GO train from Oshawa, the bus will pick you up at 11:00am and then pick up people along the way.  

I think they should have started with services to Malls or certain land marks to start and then people can get to the mall so that they can catch the GO Bus to the station. Let the municipality provide the last mile to the door. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

If ou got the money, if no structural issues, what a nice motor home it would make?

You need to be selective of the route you take, they aren't go anywhere height. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

You need to be selective of the route you take, they aren't go anywhere height. 

Nitpick... They are the "Go Anywhere" variants!

I think you mean they are not the "SuperLO" variants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By what I meant as a Motor Home was whom ever buys one and wants to convert it into a motor hme and has a camp site where you can park RV's/Motor homes if the site will allow it and there's room for it, it's great RV to have.

Sleeping quarters up stairs, Kitchen & Living room downstairs and if possible slide outs on the bottom level. Yes it might cost some, but way cheaper then buying a new motor home with the same features.

And by having it parked year round mileage won't be as bad as it won't be moving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

By what I meant as a Motor Home was whom ever buys one and wants to convert it into a motor hme and has a camp site where you can park RV's/Motor homes if the site will allow it and there's room for it, it's great RV to have.

Sleeping quarters up stairs, Kitchen & Living room downstairs and if possible slide outs on the bottom level. Yes it might cost some, but way cheaper then buying a new motor home with the same features.

And by having it parked year round mileage won't be as bad as it won't be moving.

I think that they are a bit heavy to go camping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the ongoing labour protests that have shut down GO Bus service out of Union Station Bus Terminal in the afternoons and evenings is there a contingency plan for an alternate location downtown?  The end of Bremner Blvd. is usually the default whenever the previous Union Station Bus Terminal (north of the tracks) couldn't be used but it's currently configured for Jurassic Park and soon to be Maple Leaf Square.  Running into the problem this past Sunday was particularly bad as the only GO service out of Union Station was the Lakeshore West line.

Without the co-fare, truncating GO Bus service to the extremities of the the TTC subway network is a drain on time and finances.  The reconfiguration of Front St. also eliminates going back to the pre-bus terminal setup without turfing the taxi stand/passenger pick-up and rerouting service.  I can only imagine what the backlog of traffic will be like trying to go north onto York St. from Harbour St. after exiting the Gardiner.  Perhaps going around the block instead of making that left turn?  FlixBus might be on to something serving passengers at York and Queens Quay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gil said:

With the ongoing labour protests that have shut down GO Bus service out of Union Station Bus Terminal in the afternoons and evenings is there a contingency plan for an alternate location downtown?  The end of Bremner Blvd. is usually the default whenever the previous Union Station Bus Terminal (north of the tracks) couldn't be used but it's currently configured for Jurassic Park and soon to be Maple Leaf Square.  Running into the problem this past Sunday was particularly bad as the only GO service out of Union Station was the Lakeshore West line.

Without the co-fare, truncating GO Bus service to the extremities of the the TTC subway network is a drain on time and finances.  The reconfiguration of Front St. also eliminates going back to the pre-bus terminal setup without turfing the taxi stand/passenger pick-up and rerouting service.  I can only imagine what the backlog of traffic will be like trying to go north onto York St. from Harbour St. after exiting the Gardiner.  Perhaps going around the block instead of making that left turn?  FlixBus might be on to something serving passengers at York and Queens Quay.

When USBT was closed this weekend due to the protests, the train-buses from the north and east (65, 71, 90) were being diverted to Highway 407 Station, while the ones in the west (21, 31) were sent to Port Credit GO to connect with Lakeshore West trains. This is the usual procedure whenever traffic downtown is snarled (such as Gardiner or DVP closures). Prior to Highway 407 Station opening, York Mills was often used as the diversion point.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...