Thanks. From the pics(at least the ones you can see) looks impressive compared to the old ones at Union Station & Elizabeth Terminals. At least your inside waithing for your bus compared to the one on Bay Street where your out side in the cold in Winter.

The new terminal reminds me of the New(or least a few years old)the one in Montreal(the old Voyageur? Central Terminal of the rebuild)

I feel a bit jealous now. Your Terminal looks WAY WAY BETTER then or Bus Terminal here in Ottawa.

This is going way back I think either late 1970's or early 1980's, I still can remember the Toronto Coach Terminal on Bay Street and next door was the Go Transit Elizabeth Terminal, and right in front of the Coach Terminal Voyageur had their small maintance garage(I guess to do light duties Cleaning and minor stuff, and also in front of Coach Terminal and left side of the Voyageur garage GO Transit had a building which washed their buses and I guess minor mechanical issues.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the new Go Terminal and what fee's are arrange with Inter-city carriers and if those at the Coach Terminal decide to move to the new location. I'll be interesting to see if Greyhound decide to move back downtown?

If all the Inter-city carriers do decide to move to the new GO Terminal, the City Of Toronto need not worrier  about the old Terminal, the land it sits on is worth BIG$$$$ at least a few million(not sure how much)but they could easily sell of the land to some developer who either make condo's or office tower in it's spot.

1 hour ago, 110B West Pickering said:

iirc the design was able to fit the ones currently used by Megabus.

I believe the Van Hool TD925s used by Megabus are 4.0 m high. The highest Enviro500s that have been in storage since April are 4.1 m high, so they still might not be able to fit.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

Are the higher double deckers able to fit?

I don't think the older models would be used for any routes out of Downtown Toronto since they have more of the 3.9 metre units.

1 hour ago, blue.bird.fan said:

I believe the Van Hool TD925s used by Megabus are 4.0 m high. The highest Enviro500s that have been in storage since April are 4.1 m high, so they still might not be able to fit.

The double decks Go Transit uses out of Downtown Toronto are 3.9 metres, .1 metre would not make a big difference except of the roof hatches are opened. The Van Hool TD925s should fit as long the roof hatches are not opened.

You would think they'd design it for all their models. I'm not building designer, but you'd think they'd add a meter to the ceiling to fit?

4 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

You would think they'd design it for all their models. I'm not building designer, but you'd think they'd add a meter to the ceiling to fit?

Not 1 Meter, .1 Meter so 100CM. 

.1 meters is 10cm. 

I'm surprised though, I thought the oldest ones would fit in this terminal. Could've been used on certain 21 and 31 trips. Not sure about east routes. 

Minister of Transportation, associate minister,  Kaleed Rasheed (MPP Mississauga east Cooksville), Metrolonx and IO CEOs are meeting in half an hour (10:30 on November 10th) to talk about GO Improvements, anyone have any idea what it could be?

On 11/9/2020 at 1:36 AM, Megabus Rider said:

I don't think the older models would be used for any routes out of Downtown Toronto since they have more of the 3.9 metre units.

The double decks Go Transit uses out of Downtown Toronto are 3.9 metres, .1 metre would not make a big difference except of the roof hatches are opened. The Van Hool TD925s should fit as long the roof hatches are not opened.

My company does it all the time. We get under the USRC without issue with our TD925's with, or without the emerency hatches open as sometimes our air conditioning fails to adequately chill our units.

Union Station bus terminal (new location) will open on December 5th. Last day under the old location is end of the service day on December 4th (roughly just before 3 AM is with the last buses leaving at 2:40 AM).

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2020/11/16/torontos-new-union-station-bus-terminal-gets-ready-to-open-heres-what-you-need-to-know-to-get-on-the-bus/?fbclid=IwAR2pIM0YQpkPrtM1NZ9V4vGk3bg3ZK-MN22aJGhsoXXsgzELBWGQ3X148VU

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Union Station bus terminal (new location) will open on December 5th. Last day under the old location is end of the service day on December 4th (roughly just before 3 AM is with the last buses leaving at 2:40 AM).

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2020/11/16/torontos-new-union-station-bus-terminal-gets-ready-to-open-heres-what-you-need-to-know-to-get-on-the-bus/?fbclid=IwAR2pIM0YQpkPrtM1NZ9V4vGk3bg3ZK-MN22aJGhsoXXsgzELBWGQ3X148VU

Lets see how long those white ceiling tiles stay white, i'd say about 6 months. 

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Indoors? Why, I don't think the diesel for the buses will get in.

The ones in Central Station in Montreal have done well enough over the decades - with the only noticeable issue over the decades being from smoke damage from the bombing.

The painted concrete in the bus bays might be more of an issue - but probably easier to repaint occasionally.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

You guys are hilarious. The exhaust on the Alexander Dennis and MCI are towards the road. Also most of Go Transit's Fleet have the after treatment system for the exhaust. If Coach Canada and Ontario Northland move in, yes both use Prevost Coaches where the exhaust is towards the roof but again they have the after treatment system. If TTC were to bring 79xx or 80xx maybe you'll see some exhaust soot on the ceiling but I highly doubt TTC would ever use that Terminal. I am sure Metrolinx thought of mould control and may have a robust ventilation system to minimize mould on the structure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

Does anyone know what are the buses with this wrap other than 2470 and 2549? 

I believe there are 2-3 more; 2551 is another I'm quite sure. 

Is there a website that tracks the progress of the Barrie and Stouffville line double track upgrade? Like which sections have been double tracked at any given month.

23 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

Is there a website that tracks the progress of the Barrie and Stouffville line double track upgrade? Like which sections have been double tracked at any given month.

There isn't, but at the same time there really hasn't been that kind of progress on either project. Stouffville is far closer to being done, with only some minor work currently being accomplished on the Barrie line.

Most of the improvements have been far more piecemeal - usually focusing on or around stations - and progress on them can be found on their individual pages.

Dan