Jump to content

GO Transit


Enzo Aquarius
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 110B West Pickering said:

iirc the design was able to fit the ones currently used by Megabus.

I believe the Van Hool TD925s used by Megabus are 4.0 m high. The highest Enviro500s that have been in storage since April are 4.1 m high, so they still might not be able to fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

Are the higher double deckers able to fit?

I don't think the older models would be used for any routes out of Downtown Toronto since they have more of the 3.9 metre units.

1 hour ago, blue.bird.fan said:

I believe the Van Hool TD925s used by Megabus are 4.0 m high. The highest Enviro500s that have been in storage since April are 4.1 m high, so they still might not be able to fit.

The double decks Go Transit uses out of Downtown Toronto are 3.9 metres, .1 metre would not make a big difference except of the roof hatches are opened. The Van Hool TD925s should fit as long the roof hatches are not opened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2020 at 1:36 AM, Megabus Rider said:

I don't think the older models would be used for any routes out of Downtown Toronto since they have more of the 3.9 metre units.

The double decks Go Transit uses out of Downtown Toronto are 3.9 metres, .1 metre would not make a big difference except of the roof hatches are opened. The Van Hool TD925s should fit as long the roof hatches are not opened.

My company does it all the time. We get under the USRC without issue with our TD925's with, or without the emerency hatches open as sometimes our air conditioning fails to adequately chill our units.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Union Station bus terminal (new location) will open on December 5th. Last day under the old location is end of the service day on December 4th (roughly just before 3 AM is with the last buses leaving at 2:40 AM).

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2020/11/16/torontos-new-union-station-bus-terminal-gets-ready-to-open-heres-what-you-need-to-know-to-get-on-the-bus/?fbclid=IwAR2pIM0YQpkPrtM1NZ9V4vGk3bg3ZK-MN22aJGhsoXXsgzELBWGQ3X148VU

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Union Station bus terminal (new location) will open on December 5th. Last day under the old location is end of the service day on December 4th (roughly just before 3 AM is with the last buses leaving at 2:40 AM).

https://blog.metrolinx.com/2020/11/16/torontos-new-union-station-bus-terminal-gets-ready-to-open-heres-what-you-need-to-know-to-get-on-the-bus/?fbclid=IwAR2pIM0YQpkPrtM1NZ9V4vGk3bg3ZK-MN22aJGhsoXXsgzELBWGQ3X148VU

Lets see how long those white ceiling tiles stay white, i'd say about 6 months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Lets see how long those white ceiling tiles stay white, i'd say about 6 months. 

Indoors? Why, I don't think the diesel for the buses will get in.

The ones in Central Station in Montreal have done well enough over the decades - with the only noticeable issue over the decades being from smoke damage from the bombing.

The painted concrete in the bus bays might be more of an issue - but probably easier to repaint occasionally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Lets see how long those white ceiling tiles stay white, i'd say about 6 months. 

You guys are hilarious. The exhaust on the Alexander Dennis and MCI are towards the road. Also most of Go Transit's Fleet have the after treatment system for the exhaust. If Coach Canada and Ontario Northland move in, yes both use Prevost Coaches where the exhaust is towards the roof but again they have the after treatment system. If TTC were to bring 79xx or 80xx maybe you'll see some exhaust soot on the ceiling but I highly doubt TTC would ever use that Terminal. I am sure Metrolinx thought of mould control and may have a robust ventilation system to minimize mould on the structure.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

Is there a website that tracks the progress of the Barrie and Stouffville line double track upgrade? Like which sections have been double tracked at any given month.

There isn't, but at the same time there really hasn't been that kind of progress on either project. Stouffville is far closer to being done, with only some minor work currently being accomplished on the Barrie line.

 

Most of the improvements have been far more piecemeal - usually focusing on or around stations - and progress on them can be found on their individual pages.

 

Dan

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Sat Dec 5 the new GO Terminal opens. I wish I could be there, but can't be there have other things that need to be done and besides I'm about a 5 hour drive away.

 

I wonder what they'll have out for customers to pick up?

 

Pamphlets?

Souvenirs?

Other GO trinkets?

DAM I love to get anything from there opening?

 

Anyone Going?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

So Sat Dec 5 the new GO Terminal opens. I wish I could be there, but can't be there have other things that need to be done and besides I'm about a 5 hour drive away.

 

I wonder what they'll have out for customers to pick up?

 

Pamphlets?

Souvenirs?

Other GO trinkets?

DAM I love to get anything from there opening?

 

Anyone Going?

 

I was planning on going, however since Toronto is in a Lockdown. I decided to postpone the trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it's official the new GO Transit Terminal is now open.

I'm not sure how well it went as I wasn't there.

I'm not sure what the future holds for the new terminal and how it wil function in the coming days/months/years, but I'm guess it be operating for a long time.

 

Now there are rumors that other inter-city operators might possibly move from the Toronto Coach Terminal to the new GO Terminal whether that's true or not or might happen remains to be seen.

 

BUT!!

 

Assuming it's true & does happen, Toronto city council need not worry the property the Toronto Coach Terminal sits on is worth ten's of million of dollars, and could easily be sold to a developer who would most like either build condo's or office tower. Same thing with the old Elizabeth GO Terminal, worth $$$$$ and could easily be sold to a developer.

 

Whichever the case  may be, at least GO Transit customers have a new Terminal which was better then the former one right across from it.

 

CONGRATS TORONTO on your new bus terminal.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Now there are rumors that other inter-city operators might possibly move from the Toronto Coach Terminal to the new GO Terminal whether that's true or not or might happen remains to be seen.

 

The only one that is operating is Can-ar Coach with their 2 runs.

Last I heard, Greyhound wanted to use Pearson Airport, Coach Canada and Northland have been silent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...