On 6/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, Gil said:

Thankfully yes, each coach has its own washroom.  Some train trips can easily push two hours and that’d make for a very uncomfortable ride!  The older coaches have them on the middle level at one end of the coach, the newer ones have an accessible washroom on the lower level.

Early cab car conversions don’t have any washrooms I believe 

On 5/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, map.man (Darrin) said:

I've also noticed a reference to a "438 GO Shuttle" on SCT's bus tracker, but see no mentions of it on the site for schedules.  Is this something upcoming?

I don't know about in the morning but when I took the trip back to Niagara, the 438 was sitting there (worth noting that the sign said "SPECIAL" and not 438) and it was a free ride to the downtown terminal. I don't think it's an actual route and it's more of a convenient service that St. Catharines does so people are not stuck waiting at the go station.

11 minutes ago, laliok said:

I don't know about in the morning but when I took the trip back to Niagara, the 438 was sitting there (worth noting that the sign said "SPECIAL" and not 438) and it was a free ride to the downtown terminal. I don't think it's an actual route and it's more of a convenient service that St. Catharines does so people are not stuck waiting at the go station.

Now that makes sense. 

The bus likely waits until the train arrives, not based on an actual time on the schedule.  Therefore, no actual schedule.

Curious why there's no mention to it on the STC website.  I'd think some would be relieved that there would be a bus waiting for them, in case the train arrives later than scheduled.  This is particularly helpful, since the train is scheduled to arrive at 7:22pm, well after the "daytime" schedule scheme where buses run more often.

GO Transit is shutting down the Union Station Bus Terminal at halftime in anticipation of the crowds spilling into the streets if the Raptors should win tonight's Game 5.  Similar to when the Waterfront Marathon ties up Bay St., routes will connect outside of downtown:

Union Station Bus Terminal closure
Starting at halftime of the Raptors game Monday, Union Station Bus Terminal will close. 

While the terminal is closed, buses that normally come through Union Station Bus Terminal will need to detour.

If you take Route 61, 65 or 71: All GO bus trips will begin and end at Hwy 407 Station. You may use your GO fare on TTC subway for travel between Hwy 407 Station and Union Station. 

If you take Route 21 or 31: All GO bus trips will begin and end at Port Credit GO. Please take the Lakeshore West train for travel between Port Credit and Union Station. 

If you take Route 16: This route will be suspended. If you are travelling from Hamilton to Union Station, take the Route 18 bus from Hamilton GO to Aldershot GO, and continue on the Lakeshore West train to Union Station. If you are travelling from Union Station to Hamilton, take the Lakeshore West GO train to Aldershot GO and continue on the Route 18 GO bus to Hamilton.

There will be additional trains on the Lakeshore Lines, though I don't know how long into the night they'll be diverting service.  The last train trips usually depart by 1AM.  The TTC is extending subway service to 2AM.

The buses will probably run into some delays around Square One and Brampton stations.  The other viewing parties are far enough away from GO routes that they shouldn't pose a problem.

Sometime last week, I had noticed the Tim Hortons' re-open at Burlington GO. That station, which was part of that pilot on the Lakeshore line with other ones at Oakville, Clarkson, Whitby & Oshawa. The one at Burlington is the only one thus far to have been re-opened.
Are there other plans to re-open the other ones?

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

How did the train hit the electric panel?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/go-train- -station-electrical-panel-1.5184498

Looks pretty close to the end of the track. Is there not a bump stop to stop the train from going over the end?

Probly the engineer forgot to apply the brakes to slow down the engine.  

30 minutes ago, Shaun said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/go-train- -station-electrical-panel-1.5184498

Looks pretty close to the end of the track. Is there not a bump stop to stop the train from going over the end?

My best guess (as this is a tier 4) he was trying to line it up with that piece of equipment for the locomotive that was installed there last month, best guess is that he hit the throttle a little much while trying to line it up.

37 minutes ago, Shaun said:

He was also operating with two locomotives, which don’t fit right at Oshawa, it requires  Accessibility Coach open at the other end of the coach for example because it won’t fit otherwise. I can imagine it’s more difficult to line that up

Do you mean to say that they where backing the train into the platform with the engineer at the cab car end? Rather than from the locomotive? 

Where is the bumper to stop the train from running out of track?

14 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

He was also operating with two locomotives, which don’t fit right at Oshawa, it requires  Accessibility Coach open at the other end of the coach for example because it won’t fit otherwise. I can imagine it’s more difficult to line that up

Judging by the Google satellite image the train was on the south track (which is slightly shorter then the north)

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Where is the bumper to stop the train from running out of track?

Its hard to make out but you can see them in this image 

20190622_140932.thumb.jpg.a9ab6dc5ce9b425e708e217cfc383dd1.jpg

On 6/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, Shaun said:

There are wheel stops there, not a full-fledged bumper. Wheel stops may hold a car that is leaning up against them, but they are in no way in hell going to do anything to a train with the locomotive - or in this case, two locos - applying power.

Two locomotives fit just fine at Oshawa. There isn't a whole lot of room left, but they do it all the time.

21 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Judging by the Google satellite image the train was on the south track (which is slightly shorter then the north)

The train was on the north track at Oshawa.

Dan

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, smallspy said:

There are wheel stops there, not a full-fledged bumper. Wheel stops may hold a car that is leaning up against them, but they are in no way in hell going to do anything to a train with the locomotive - or in this case, two locos - applying power.

Two locomotives fit just fine at Oshawa. There isn't a whole lot of room left, but they do it all the time.

The train was on the north track at Oshawa.

Dan

Judging from the photo in the CBC article the train appears to have been on the south track. Photo by @marilynntaylor/Twitter taken from the CBC article. Looking at it people appear to be walking onto the platform between the photographer and the train. One can also see that there is a track immediately next to the GO train, which is the CN main line. It's likely that the Metrolinx spokesperson was misinformed about the location. Something that any of us have seen in other situations where there is a disconnect between what is reported and what has actually happened.

Dave

Go_Osh_Incident.jpg

4 hours ago, STC125 said:

Judging from the photo in the CBC article the train appears to have been on the south track. Photo by @marilynntaylor/Twitter taken from the CBC article. Looking at it people appear to be walking onto the platform between the photographer and the train. One can also see that there is a track immediately next to the GO train, which is the CN main line. It's likely that the Metrolinx spokesperson was misinformed about the location. Something that any of us have seen in other situations where there is a disconnect between what is reported and what has actually happened.

Dave

Go_Osh_Incident.jpg

My apologies, you're absolutely right - it was the south track. I'd misread a report that I'd been given on the incident.

In any case, the track that the train was on still has no bearing on the cause or result of the incident.

Dan

Anyone here know why GO is moving away from the grey/red nut locking rings on the buses? Most I’ve seen is red pointer flags for when they still require re torquing, as opposed to the red rings. 

Tonight, 2544 was the final ever 20 bus that pulled into Milton station.

It was a good service 😔

2544_a.png

2544 b.png

• Like 2

With the DVP down a lane (or two) for the rest of the summer, does anyone know if the Go bus lane is still open on it to at least bypass a bit of the traffic? If not, it’ll be a rough few months

update for charles terminal

GO is not entering the terminal temp stop has been placed on Ontario street in front of hasty market they are looking for a new location via rail station is one option they are looking at.