Go Transit Fishbowls?

I know Go Transit had use to use GM Fishbowls back in the earlier days. I know they had suburban models(no rear door), but did they have any with rear doors? 

Thanks 

6 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Go Transit Fishbowls?

I know Go Transit had use to use GM Fishbowls back in the earlier days. I know they had suburban models(no rear door), but did they have any with rear doors? 

Thanks 

Yes, but only 1100 to 1123 had them since they operated local on the Yonge 'C' and Bayview 'B' lines (now YRT's 99 Yonge and 91 Bayview lines respectively).

7 hours ago, 38 Highland Creek said:

Yes, but only 1100 to 1123 had them since they operated local on the Yonge 'C' and Bayview 'B' lines (now YRT's 99 Yonge and 91 Bayview lines respectively).

Yes, 1100-1123 had rear doors, but Bayview was not designated the 'B' line ('B' was the limited stop service along Yonge from Finch Terminal to Newmarket.

17 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

There are also now 2 trips that run non-stop from Oshawa to Union! One departing at 13:52 and another at 19:00.

There's a lot more than that. Those are the only ones that have been turned into revenue moves, however.

17 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

Another anomaly that has been present for a long time is still there, a gap of almost an hour between 17:41 and 18:38 between westbound departures from Oshawa. I’m surprised they haven’t somehow adjusted this yet. 

This gap has bothered me for some time, and considering how the train cycling has changed over past couple of years fixing it would have been pretty tricky. There was an equipment move scheduled to run from Oshawa to Willowbrook, leaving at 18.01. This is the equipment from train 428 which ran from Oakville to Oshawa, but prior to that was used on train 721. That train and crew had been out for much of the day already, which is why it was scheduled to end its day there.

Now with the September changes, I'm not sure how 428 is run as 721 has been extended to Burlington. If it enters service from Oakville, than there seems to be no reason why it couldn't then turn into 729, which is the "missing" train in the half-hourly schedule.

Dan

• Like 1

You can get shots and video of the detour to/from the Canpa Sub about 5 minutes after the hour from the Kipling overpass.

I miss getting an eastbound VIA Rail train as it was about 10 minutes behind the GO train and not sure if there was an westbound behind the westbound GO train after 10 am since the eastbound moved to track 1, with track 2 open. The CP train would move to track 1 after the GO train pass it.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:47 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

Double deckers have officially found their way on to the 92

So I take it that they've finally figured out a way to fit those things into York Mills (8100's or the SuperLo's?)

It seems as if that the GO 46 just doesn't seem to get the decent ridership even for weekdays. While I may not be on too many trips, it may get good riders, but seems to only pick up around Square One. I feel as if that the main 407 West route, the 47, between Hamilton GO and York U can handle all of those other riders without the need of the 46. I can't say the same for the 45 or the 48 as I haven't seen on those routes to comment on if they can be routes that can be considered for weekend service.
I know in the past I've sent along suggestions to GO about the 46 to be considered for weekend service but, the longer I've though tit, especially now, the more I think the 46 can be simply done away with.
Trafalgar Road to me just seems like it can do well on its own with a strong Oakville Transit Route 1 - Trafalgar between Oakville GO and the 407 Park & Ride. Simple transfer to go east or west with both the 40 and the 47 with very frequent services there. 
I think that there still at least can be a GO bus service. The old 19 that used to start at Oakville GO. However, this one I think perhaps it can start there, serve Sheridan College than head along the QEW, serve Square One and continue on its current routing to Finch Terminal.
I think as if that if anyone wanted to go to York U from Square One, there'd be the 45 and 47 and anywhere else there'd be other GO bus services.
I don't think this new 19 idea would duplicate any service as the 46 wouldn't be around. IT would also provide additional transit options rather than fully local service from Oakville to Mississauga not just on weekdays but as well as weekends and holidays.
Comments?

On 9/27/2018 at 12:11 AM, newflyerinvero said:

So I take it that they've finally figured out a way to fit those things into York Mills (8100's or the SuperLo's?)

From my assumption, they're stopping on street.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, newflyerinvero said:
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, 110B West Pickering said:

Double deckers have officially found their way on to the 92

Hang on, weren't the SuperLos designed to fit into York Mills in the first place?

Modifications have been made to York Mills and some platform restrictions have recently been put in place (Marked on the ground).  The recent platform changes were supposed to indicate where and what routes would get the superlos (19,27,36,92), but hasn't yet happened, instead, busses have looped using Old York Mills Road.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:55 AM, drevil0208 said:

Anyone know any specific trips on the 92 that are DDS operated? I haven’t noticed any yet around Oshawa. 

I've seen 07:20 trip three days in a row

Does anyone know what the blue lights are for at the back of the MCIs? I don't think their purpose is to reduce glare for the driver, though I did stumble upon other articles where it was said they're there to provide a limited amount of lighting while the main ones are off, but now that I think about it, DDs don't have the blue lights on the upper deck. Is it actually to provide a small amount of lighting in the dark or do they serve another purpose?

^ I believe the purpose of the blue light is to discourage junkies from shooting up on the bus. It makes it harder for them to see their veins. You occasionally see blue lights in public washrooms too.

I noticed GO 667 (MP40PHT-T4AC or whatever the new ones are) was out behind GO 665 on one of the Lakeshore West L12 (or maybe that's LL12) sets today.

Lance Gleich, Toronto ON

Edited by bn2189
correction
  • Like 1

Go Bus Paint Scheme?

Does anyone know what paint scheme Go Transit had from 1975-1978 & 1981?

Basically I would like to know what type  paint scheme Go Transit highway coaches MCI 8 & 9 had when they originally where put into service? Any pics woulds be helpful?

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Go Bus Paint Scheme?

Does anyone know what paint scheme Go Transit had from 1975-1978 & 1981?

Basically I would like to know what type  paint scheme Go Transit highway coaches MCI 8 & 9 had when they originally where put into service? Any pics woulds be helpful?

Thanks.

Try this link. It is loaded with pretty much every GO livery.

http://public.fotki.com/esbdave/canadian-transit/ontario-transit-agencies/go-transit/

• Like 1