GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

5 hours ago, drum118 said:

I know Mulock has been on the table for quite some time, but that would result in 3 stations in a pretty close proximity. If anything, I'd rather see a new Mulock station take over for Newmarket station overall.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:56 PM, Transit geek said:

GO Transit is highly unlikely to order hydrogen-powered DDs though... not at least till the necessary infrastructure becomes widely available.

Unless you hire the same guy who killed off diesel-electric "Boris buses" and make a deal with a rival manufacturer who never shipped a DD to America...

hydrogenbus3011b.jpg

you do realise that bus in the background is built by the same manufacturer that makes "Boris" buses?

Also they didn't "kill off" the New Routemaster, TfL decided not to take up the option of ordering any more after the initial contract for 1000 had been completed. There has been no deal made with a rival manufacturer, in any case Wrights "rival" manfacturer is ADL!!! There are only 3 main double decker bodybuilders supplying vehicles in the UK now, ADL, Wrights and MCV. 

The quality of recent Wright products has left a lot to be desired and many former buyers in London are now switching to MCV, and outside London both Stagecoach and First tend to order ADL products. First used to split orders between Wrights and ADL but order far more from ADL now.

15 minutes ago, dowlingm said:

After 8 years in service? Is that the expectedly service life for DDs or is there a design issue?

Because they are used on limited service due to their height along with constant maintainence issues. It was decided that they get pulled off.

7 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

I thought they were 2008’s

First batch was 2008 and the second batch was 2009.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Transit 20 said:

engine 667 passed a rail camera in la Plata mo this morning heading to Chicago 668 is in Chicago waiting to come to Toronto.

28685075_684024658653622_4733162446770929664_n.jpg

28685557_10156147569805758_2390201254941475483_n.jpg

Disappointing that it doesn't have the new Metrolinx logo. Would help delimitate it from the older, refurbished locs.

10 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Disappointing that it doesn't have the new Metrolinx logo. Would help delimitate it from the older, refurbished locs.

dawg what are you saying. its a logo. half the passengers won't give a shit. 

Also, I think the word you are looking for is "distinguish", not "delimitate". 

13 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Who cares? I'm sure that if Metrolinx feels the need to apply the new logo, they will.

• Thanks 1

While on my way to see some family in Grimsby yesterday, when transferring from the GO Train at Burlington GO Station to the GO 12 Bus at the south end loop, while tapping off my Presto card at the east end stairwell, while still walking inside the building towards the ticket area. There is a close off  area that may appear to be a good sized Tim Horton's that may open up there soon. I only recognized that it would be a Tim's given the other part of their logo that says, "Always Fresh Since 1964." That was the giveaway.
Now, to my understanding, I wasn't aware that there were going to be other Tim's locations other than those mobile Tim's at Oakville, Oshawa, Ajax (if it's opened already) and Clarkson. Is this another phase of that rollout?

14 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Found this refurbed bilevel just west of aldershot, couldn’t get a good look at the fleet number, but here it is anways, 

7DC025C3-5423-4DE4-97CD-F78AA6876E11.jpeg

It's not refurbed - look closely and you'll see that it still has its original doors and hasn't had the black at the bottom of the sides painted yet.

It's currently on its way to Montréal to be refurbished. It's only had most of the paint done at this point.

10 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/8324220-go-train-can-t-come-soon-enough/

Anyone know what the average track speeds are after Aldershot to Niagara falls?

The maximum speed of the Grimsby Sub is 65mph. I suspect that once GO starts running on it more frequently that they will get CN to raise that figure.

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both the Wiki and the recently-released Bible, er, Trackside Guide show the current GO Transit passenger car orders as standard coaches 4000-4054 and accessible coaches 4500-4504.   However, accessible coaches are up to at least 4514 based on these pictures I took at the TMC earlier in the month.  Personally, the highest-numbered non-accessible coach I've seen has been the 4018.  I presume the proportion of each within the order has been adjusted.  Could anyone share the new distribution?

Lance Gleich, Toronto ON

go4511tmcside.jpg

go4514tmc.jpg

• Like 2