1 minute ago, bn2189 said:

Does anyone happen to know the location/status of GO 664 #SantasOtherRide for this weekend?   I'm hoping to catch it this season.

Thank you,

Lance

Transsee now tracks GO trains; the vehicle is the engine. That should make it easy to track down specific engines.

BTW, 664 is not one of the 10 consists currently out on the Lakeshore service. Considering it's after rush hour, and most of the train consists are at the outer yards, it's likely it will not be in service again until Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Transsee now tracks GO trains; the vehicle is the engine. That should make it easy to track down specific engines.

BTW, 664 is not one of the 10 consists currently out on the Lakeshore service. Considering it's after rush hour, and most of the train consists are at the outer yards, it's likely it will not be in service again until Monday.

Is this recent? I didn't know transee could do that...that's awesome!

4 hours ago, Articulated said:

Great tip!  Thank you!

On 11/21/2017 at 12:58 AM, newflyerinvero said:

With the opening of Renforth Station on Wednesday, other than the 19 and 40 stopping there, isn't the 25F also stopping there, too given that route is/was stopping at the Dixie Station much like the 19 and 40 anyway...

25F has never used the Transitway.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:03 PM, bn2189 said:

Does anyone happen to know the location/status of GO 664 #SantasOtherRide for this weekend?   I'm hoping to catch it this season.

Kitchener.

Quick question.

back in October I drove part of King Road in York Region along with Peel Road 9 past Bolton, and saw quite a few GO Transit bus stop signs as well as one old PMCL sign along that corridor. Does GO still run a route out there? I thought they left that area years ago lol.

1 hour ago, MCI102A3 said:

Quick question.

back in October I drove part of King Road in York Region along with Peel Road 9 past Bolton, and saw quite a few GO Transit bus stop signs as well as one old PMCL sign along that corridor. Does GO still run a route out there? I thought they left that area years ago lol.

GO route 38A runs two trip from there to Etobicoke North GO, Yorkdale and York Mills in the morning and two afternoon trips following the reverse routing. Last time I took one it was fairly well used, with at least 30 seats full.

• Like 1

For those wondering, 667's location was last updated as in interchange in Denver on the Union Pacific on November 20th.

9 hours ago, Orion VIII said:

For those wondering, 667's location was last updated as in interchange in Denver on the Union Pacific on November 20th.

Going to the Pueblo test track.

1 minute ago, Streety McCarface said:

Does anyone happen to know of a GO Transit Route 12S bus? I saw it at Wilfred Laurier University in Waterloo at 19:00 today. 

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/schedules_window.aspx?tableid=12&dir=E&corridorname=Niagara Falls/Toronto Bus&parentid=1

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/GO_Transit_route_12_'Niagara_Falls-Toronto'

This is what I found regarding a 12, but nothing regarding WLU. It seems to be one of those restricted service times routes, like the 18. I've never heard of an "S" suffix either on a GO route, but I'm sure its out there. 

19 minutes ago, Streety McCarface said:

Does anyone happen to know of a GO Transit Route 12S bus? I saw it at Wilfred Laurier University in Waterloo at 19:00 today. 

14 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/schedules_window.aspx?tableid=12&dir=E&corridorname=Niagara Falls/Toronto Bus&parentid=1

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/GO_Transit_route_12_'Niagara_Falls-Toronto'

This is what I found regarding a 12, but nothing regarding WLU. It seems to be one of those restricted service times routes, like the 18. I've never heard of an "S" suffix either on a GO route, but I'm sure its out there. 

GO has reserved the "S" branch letter on all routes for Special. Basically it gets used for extra/overflow trips or other trips that do not fit in the regular schedule.

As to what a bus signed on a Niagara Falls route would be doing in Waterloo... I don't know. It seems likely that the operator typed in an incorrect code.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Articulated said:

GO has reserved the "S" branch letter on all routes for Special. Basically it gets used for extra/overflow trips or other trips that do not fit in the regular schedule.

As to what a bus signed on a Niagara Falls route would be doing in Waterloo... I don't know. It seems likely that the operator typed in an incorrect code.

I see, thanks. Does GO offer extra "S" trips for game days in Toronto? 

I was thinking the same; I saw a non-existent route 97 on a MiWay bus a few months ago, a result of a mis-typed/misunderstood code. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Oh well. I got excited and thought that maybe GO was planning on bringing Waterloo-Hamilton-Niagra Falls Service. Oh well. Hopefully another day. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, soo8513 said:

Yes --- AAR requires the 1st of a new design to be tested at Pueblo.

No, they don't. Especially something that isn't intended for the US market.

Dan

On 11/28/2017 at 2:13 PM, soo8513 said:

Yes --- AAR requires the 1st of a new design to be tested at Pueblo.

Any idea of how long it'll be test there? Are they waiting for this unit to be tested before they ship more to Toronto?

5 hours ago, smallspy said:

No, they don't. Especially something that isn't intended for the US market.

But hey, there's hardly any noticeable difference between US and Canadian heavy railway standards - at least from a passenger perspective.

The only thing I could imagine of is that GO Transit using a 575-volt head end power system rather than 480 volts as used on most other railways in North America including Montreal's RTM. (info: http://www.nwrail.com/HEP_config.html)

2 hours ago, Transit geek said:

But hey, there's hardly any noticeable difference between US and Canadian heavy railway standards - at least from a passenger perspective.

The only thing I could imagine of is that GO Transit using a 575-volt head end power system rather than 480 volts as used on most other railways in North America including Montreal's RTM. (info: http://www.nwrail.com/HEP_config.html)

The railways are interchangeable, and while a lot of the rules and regulations are as well, they aren't completely interchangeable. For instance, the oft-maligned DOT-111 tank car is completely banned from service in Canada, while it is still allowed in the US until 2025. All passenger trains must have locked couplers in Canada - and yet coupler locks are banned in the US. Until very recently the regulation for windshield glass was much less stringent in Canada than it was in the US. And of course, let's not forget about the requirement for PTC to be installed on all rail lines that carry passenger equipment in the US by the end of 2018 - and the fact that no such legislation or deadline exist here in Canada.

As for the 575V AC HEP system that GO uses, that's not even that big a deal. In the case of the MP54s, there will likely be settings that allow them to output other voltages as well.

2 hours ago, Allandale25 said:

Any idea of how long it'll be test there? Are they waiting for this unit to be tested before they ship more to Toronto?

Likely for a couple of months. MPI is likely using the AAR facilities for early testing and shakedowns, and will develop bug fixes and other minor mods to be fitted to the rest of the units still under construction.

Dan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I recall with the original MP40's 600 was here 1st but was missing key components and was here mainly for photo-ops, 601 was sent to Pueblo, and 602 was 1st in revenue service. Don't recall if 603 was here before 600 and 601.

13 hours ago, soo8513 said:

If I recall with the original MP40's 600 was here 1st but was missing key components and was here mainly for photo-ops, 601 was sent to Pueblo, and 602 was 1st in revenue service. Don't recall if 603 was here before 600 and 601.

600 was sent to Pueblo, missing a lot of the final fibreglass along the roofline of the cab - I think that was in April of 2007. In June, MPI shipped an incomplete 601 to Toronto to show off - it went back in July or August. The first ready-to-go unit, 602, was delivered at the end of September.

Dan

• Like 1

It's looking like only 407 routes from the west will be using the Highway 407 Station terminal and none from the east. No express services will stop there. Also, York University station won't be dead yet but will only see limited service.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Orion 1200 said:

It's looking like only 407 routes from the west will be using the Highway 407 Station terminal and none from the east. No express services will stop there. Also, York University station won't be dead yet but will only see limited service.

Where are you getting that information