GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

That’s probably best suited for an operator or mechanic to answer.

Though I might add that steering weight/feel adjustability is normally found on higher end and/or performance oriented cars. The only heavy vehicle manufacturer I know to have adjustable steering performance is Volvo, which offers Dynamic Steering on the FH and VNL Trucks. It would be smart to have that on a bus though.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:04 PM, Doppelkupplung said:

That’s probably best suited for an operator or mechanic to answer.

Though I might add that steering weight/feel adjustability is normally found on higher end and/or performance oriented cars. The only heavy vehicle manufacturer I know to have adjustable steering performance is Volvo, which offers Dynamic Steering on the FH and VNL Trucks. It would be smart to have that on a bus though.

Considering how high it is and that 50% of the time it is spent at high speeds it would make sense to design it with that in mind. 

The MCI 9's where pretty bad in stop and go traffic. They would constantly Bob up and down everytime the driver hit the brakes. 

15 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The MCI 9's where pretty bad in stop and go traffic. They would constantly Bob up and down everytime the driver hit the brakes. 

Those were beyond my time; though I would’ve liked to have ridden them and the Prevosts. I only started taking the GO bus regularly a few years ago, near the end of the 12 speed era. Those were neat.

31 minutes ago, John Oke said:

https://oshawaexpress.ca/metrolinx-confirms-go-lakeshore-east-extension-decision/
they’ve confirmed the Bomanville extension. It seams like it will use the CP bridge just beyond Oshawa GO and Oshawa will remain open

But how will they get on that bridge without backing up from the station? Unless they build a platform on one of the yard tracks....

21 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Does anyone know there 204 is going?

To ONR in Thunder Bay. They are refurbishing a number of the old cab cars and converting them to straight coaches.

In other news....

There are currently (4.45pm on Tuesday February 25th) 3 different stoppages of GO service by "protesters" on the tracks: Lakeshore West, at Desjardins (where CN and CP meet just north of Hamilton; Lakeshore East, just east of Guildwood Station; and Milton, over Scarlett Rd.

Dan

• Like 4

15 hours ago, nfitz said:

Eventually ... as they were servicing Kipling, presumably they reversed directions twice.

I would really like to see a west to north curve from LSW onto Canpa/Obico (which would entail some expropriation) especially if it meant Canadian could also be turned and save a bunch of time on backups from Newmarket onto York. But who pays...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dowlingm said:

I would really like to see a west to north curve from LSW onto Canpa/Obico (which would entail some expropriation) especially if it meant Canadian could also be turned and save a bunch of time on backups from Newmarket onto York. But who pays...

In GO's Big List of Projects, there's an unspecified "Track Upgrade by Long Branch GO". The actual icon is in the area of the Canpa Sub.

So there is some hope!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dowlingm said:

To do that, you got to buy the steel fabrication plant up 100% that there now, as that curve will eat most of the land up.

How is this going to help the Canadian when there no east to north curve off CP tracks other than the Lambton connection to Mactire sub and then the Westin Sub?? It will add more travel time as well.

To put in 4 tracks at Long Branch as well rebuilt it will require rebuilding Brown Line whole intersection area as well the overpass. The existing north platform would be remove that would require a tunnel to the street there. The bridges will have to be rebuilt as well over the creek.

To do an north-west curve for the Milton Line, you got to deal with Hydro transmission towers and will eat up some on the plan TTC yard, but not a big deal.

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

To do that, you got to buy the steel fabrication plant up 100% that there now, as that curve will eat most of the land up.

How is this going to help the Canadian when there no east to north curve off CP tracks other than the Lambton connection to Mactire sub and then the Westin Sub?? It will add more travel time as well.

To put in 4 tracks at Long Branch as well rebuilt it will require rebuilding Brown Line whole intersection area as well the overpass. The existing north platform would be remove that would require a tunnel to the street there. The bridges will have to be rebuilt as well over the creek.

To do an north-west curve for the Milton Line, you got to deal with Hydro transmission towers and will eat up some on the plan TTC yard, but not a big deal.

I was thinking something simpler; using Canpa as a wye after Canadian has been serviced, so it would point east on departure from Union which hasn’t been possible for some years now. Would still be time consuming but only for the essential crew and not passengers and passenger service crew.

13 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

Has anyone been noticing that GO has been sending their ADL E500s more and more often? 8453 at Ontario Tech

IMG_20200305_121414_674.jpg

That's because there are more and more and less MCI's. Not sure many are retired now.

• Like 1

I saw a double decker today on the 93 on Taunton road in Whitby a little bit before 5:00 this afternoon. Most GO buses along Taunton are NIS usually deadheading to DC/Ontario Tech. I’m assuming it was on a diversion. The bus was heading for DC/Ontario Tech