GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

On 11/7/2018 at 6:07 PM, Viva5113 said:

To summarize,

York wants the buses removed after subway extension opens and lobbying to Metrolinx to go away, so metrolinx responded and select specific date.

Meanwhile I just recived the email from York University (since I am current student) that indicating "We have let YRT know that we would welcome their return to campus until fare integration is achieved and we are awaiting their response. We have also asked Metrolinx to reconsider their decision to stop service to our campus until fare integration is achieved."

Despite Rhonda's mind is changing, but wonder the agreement between TTC and York Region let it happen.

14 hours ago, Viva5113 said:

Meanwhile I just recived the email from York University (since I am current student) that indicating "We have let YRT know that we would welcome their return to campus until fare integration is achieved and we are awaiting their response. We have also asked Metrolinx to reconsider their decision to stop service to our campus until fare integration is achieved."

Despite Rhonda's mind is changing, but wonder the agreement between TTC and York Region let it happen.

Taking away even more possible revenue from the Ikea line.

17 hours ago, drum118 said:

Not being overly familiar with British bus designs....

What is the difference between this and an Enviro500? Would this not be virtually equivalent (and therefore redundant)?

Dan

Unless they can be convinced to produce it in a 12’6” version, I’d doubt it. 

plus transport Canada would have to go over it? Or is it similar enough to its predecessors to be automatically approved? Apparently it’s just shy of 45’, so that’s kosher.

The Enviro400XLB is built on the Volvo B8L chassis. Also, its body structure is different from the Enviro500. I think it may have to get certified by Transport Canada first.

But as already noted by others, the Enviro500 SuperLo is already longer and can fit into more places at a lower height.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, smallspy said:

Not being overly familiar with British bus designs....

What is the difference between this and an Enviro500? Would this not be virtually equivalent (and therefore redundant)?

Dan

Other than ridding an Lothian DD bus, no clue what the different between this bus as well what I rode and GO Enviro500 since it not my field.

I know UK/Europe DD bus have 2-3 door and having 8-12 wheels at the rear compare to GO 8 wheels, one door and carry 86? seated riders.

Other than being longer to carry 100 seated riders and using Volvo B8L chassis, I let you and others to tell me and others what the different is and is it something Go may look at since it not my field and no plans to add it to my list.

9 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

For the sake of convenience, I’ll leave this here:

B8CFBA33-E8B2-4A8F-AB1D-2E484C0BA84B.thumb.jpeg.3556883b2832d8123cb15e2f9612beba.jpeg

Total of 5 ex go 8000s being loaded in Agincourt yard this morning, destined for their second lives in parts unknown. Numbers still on, though I only noted 8003 and 8017

Very interesting. I wonder if BC Transit or any tour companies are taking them.

1 hour ago, drevil0208 said:

I believe I saw one of the original DDLs (8101-8125) in Metrolinx colours tonight on the 90. Couldn’t catch the unit number, but it definitely had no rear route number display screen. 

Anyone know how many of these have been refurbished?

This batch has recently started going through refurbishment.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, TTC 9701 said:

Very interesting. I wonder if BC Transit or any tour companies are taking them.

On 11/17/2018 at 8:37 AM, Bus_Medic said:

For the sake of convenience, I’ll leave this here:

B8CFBA33-E8B2-4A8F-AB1D-2E484C0BA84B.thumb.jpeg.3556883b2832d8123cb15e2f9612beba.jpeg

Total of 5 ex go 8000s being loaded in Agincourt yard this morning, destined for their second lives in parts unknown. Numbers still on, though I only noted 8003 and 8017

They are heading west,  seen in Regina sk.yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1