GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

Just now, MiWay0310 said:

What's GOs policy on this sort of situation? Is it immediate termination, or is it experience-dependent? I have noticed that GO buses are aggressive on the road...

No not immediate termination. They either pay the ticket or fight the city over it and which GO usually wins.

• Like 1

GO and UP Express Service Changes This Weekend

TORONTO: November 17, 2017 – This weekend there will be service changes for both GO Transit and UP Express.

Due to track maintenance, tonight and Saturday evenings, starting at 8:00 p.m., UP Express will depart hourly until the end of service. The last northbound train to leave Union Station going to Pearson Airport will be at 00:45 and the last southbound train to leave Pearson Airport going to Union Station will be at 00:42.

On Sunday, avoid traffic and parking and take GO Transit to the Annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade. GO Transit will offer special train service on the Milton, Kitchener, Stouffville and Barrie lines. Lakeshore East and West will run regular service every 30 minutes. Special fares will be available, $5 for kids/seniors, $10 for adults and $20 for groups (conditions apply). Don’t forget, UP express is always an option to get to and from downtown.

We encourage customers to sign-up for GO Alerts. For more information visit Just GO or UP Express

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, dj.surf.lfs said:

As per YRT website's service change page, weekday midday and evening train service will be introduced on Barrie Line, starting December 17. 

Not correct. While YRT may be starting a new board period on December 17, GO isn't starting one until December 30.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, drevil0208 said:

256 in service as a cab car on Lakeshore East today. 

I did a double take on 244 as well, while it was coupled to 365 in the Bathurst Yard.

Is GO Transit converting older cab cars too coaches?

Picture taken on November 9th, 2017

*GOT 244 missing Whistle and Bell

24662684528_fe37d41193_z.jpg20171109_141101[1] by KMB BUS, on Flickr

Too see a picture of 244 with Whistle and Bell back in September 2006, please click on the link below:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/File:GO_Transit_244-a.jpg

8 hours ago, KMB_BUS said:

I did a double take on 244 as well, while it was coupled to 365 in the Bathurst Yard.

Is GO Transit converting older cab cars too coaches?

Picture taken on November 9th, 2017

*GOT 244 missing Whistle and Bell

24662684528_fe37d41193_z.jpg20171109_141101[1] by KMB BUS, on Flickr

Too see a picture of 244 with Whistle and Bell back in September 2006, please click on the link below:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/File:GO_Transit_244-a.jpg

This has been happening for the better part of 2 years now. The old cab cars are being "converted" to coaches as there are now more than enough of the CEM cab cars on the property.

Dan

• Like 1

On 14/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, Transit geek said:

I believe I saw another such set on the Lakeshore East line two days ago because it definitely wasn't #SantasOtherRide.

On 14/11/2017 at 1:26 PM, MiWay0310 said:

Do we have multiple complete two-tone trainsets now?

Yes, the other two-tone trainset is led by GO 666. Not sure if there is more other than 664&666.

41 minutes ago, benz.citaro.fan said:

Speaking of which, are any 200-series cab cars left in service?

Definitely. One of them was parked in the Whitby sidings when I drove by them on Highway 401 this morning - and it probably was 256.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:10 PM, drevil0208 said:

256 in service as a cab car on Lakeshore East today. 

On another note, more shunting work appears to be underway in the newly completed East Rail Maintenance Facility, today involving a F59PH and two bilevels, one of which was a CEM cab car.

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

On another note, more shunting work appears to be underway in the newly completed East Rail Maintenance Facility, today involving a F59PH and two bilevels, one of which was a CEM cab car.

And I think the F59PH and 2 bilevels have stayed there for more than two week or so...The first time I saw them at the new facility was on Nov 10.

14 hours ago, Transit geek said:

13 hours ago, AC02 said:

And I think the F59PH and 2 bilevels have stayed there for more than two week or so...The first time I saw them at the new facility was on Nov 10.

They've been doing testing at the facility since July, cycling equipment in-and-out every couple of weeks. Checking clearances, reach and weight restrictions, etc.

Dan

Since a good chunk of this proposal involves GOT, I was wondering what you all thought of it. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/11/21/estimated-costs-for-torontos-rail-deck-park-rise-to-166-billion.html

In the rendering we see that we are situated west of Union Station, facing the station itself, using the Rogers Center as an orientation point. What is that platform to the left? Wondering why that would be there, especially since it doesn't look like a walkway for employees (note yellow lines, people, info boards etc.). I'll assume that underpass is representing the one today, which seems accurate. 

Obviously this is only a proposal, but I'm curious to hear your opinions on it. 

1 minute ago, bn2189 said:

Does anyone happen to know the location/status of GO 664 #SantasOtherRide for this weekend?   I'm hoping to catch it this season.

Thank you,

Lance

Transsee now tracks GO trains; the vehicle is the engine. That should make it easy to track down specific engines.

BTW, 664 is not one of the 10 consists currently out on the Lakeshore service. Considering it's after rush hour, and most of the train consists are at the outer yards, it's likely it will not be in service again until Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Transsee now tracks GO trains; the vehicle is the engine. That should make it easy to track down specific engines.

BTW, 664 is not one of the 10 consists currently out on the Lakeshore service. Considering it's after rush hour, and most of the train consists are at the outer yards, it's likely it will not be in service again until Monday.

Is this recent? I didn't know transee could do that...that's awesome!