GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

3 hours ago, Token Dispenser said:

GO Super LO's are starting to appear on other routes. There were 2 at Union station for the 16 and one on the 40 at Richmond Hill Center Terminal waiting.

Finally they are starting to branch out to the 16 Hamilton Express. About time since it was originally supposed to be September they were converting some Hamilton Express trips to SuperLo double deckers. 

Looking forward to seeing more routes converted to SuperLo double decker trips in 2017.

Go Transit is adding weekend Go Train service on weekends for the Barrie line year round. Effective December 31/16 in time for the new year. 

https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2016/12/more-go-train-service-for-families-in-the-barrie-and-simcoe-region.html

3 morning trips from Allandale Go Station towards Union Station. 3 afternoon trips back from Union towards Allandale. 

Weekend Go Train service existed mostly in the summer schedules. I am looking forward to weekend train service. I know I will use it when needed especially for special events on the weekends and not be confined just to weekdays if I want to head down. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Go Transit is adding weekend Go Train service on weekends for the Barrie line year round. Effective December 31/16 in time for the new year. 

https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2016/12/more-go-train-service-for-families-in-the-barrie-and-simcoe-region.html

3 morning trips from Allandale Go Station towards Union Station. 3 afternoon trips back from Union towards Allandale. 

Weekend Go Train service existed mostly in the summer schedules. I am looking forward to weekend train service. I know I will use it when needed especially for special events on the weekends and not be confined just to weekdays if I want to head down. 

With the early homebound days on the 23rd and 30th of December this year, this means in the final days of 2016, I'll be able to get four days and between 13 and 20 trains in daylight in winter, which I'm looking forward to.

8 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Why can't the Kitchener Line get at least ONE return weekend train, yet Barrie gets 3? If it's a freight line dispute, that's fair enough, however, in that case, they should just have two 30 buses go directly between Union and Kitchener.

15 hours ago, Streety McCarface said:

Why can't the Kitchener Line get at least ONE return weekend train, yet Barrie gets 3? If it's a freight line dispute, that's fair enough, however, in that case, they should just have two 30 buses go directly between Union and Kitchener.

Weekend train service on the Kitchener Line will start in April.

They can't have bus service go directly between Union and Kitchener as that would be a violation of regulations regarding the intercity bus routes in Ontario.

Dan

GO Transit Winter service change will include 19 new weekend trips on the Barrie Line (6 to/from Allandale Waterfront and 13 to/from Aurora), plus 2 new peak trips for Stouffville Line (1 morning/1 afternoon). Bus changes include Barrie Train-bus (65/68) modifications to support the weekend trains, and Routes 25/29 diversion to Winston Churchill Station on the Mississauga Transitway.

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pdf/board_agenda/20161208/20161208_BoardMtg_PP_Report_EN.pdf

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

They can't have bus service go directly between Union and Kitchener as that would be a violation of regulations regarding the intercity bus routes in Ontario.

Dan

Yup no way Greyhound would give that up with out either a huge legal fight or a nice buyout.

6 hours ago, smallspy said:

Dan

That's really good news. However, just out of curiosity, what source was this from, and would it only be from Bramalea or Mount Pleasent instead of Kitchener? 

The intercity bus thing makes a lot of sense, but I'd rather take a 2 hour bus to square one, wait half an hour, then take another hour to two hour bus to Union Station than deal with Greyhound. 

58 minutes ago, Streety McCarface said:

That's really good news. However, just out of curiosity, what source was this from, and would it only be from Bramalea or Mount Pleasent instead of Kitchener?

I haven't seen details of the schedule yet, but I have no reason to assume that it will be any different than the current mid-day schedule.

As for source - I have a number of contacts inside GO. For their protection, I'd rather not divulge their names and positions within the organization.

Dan

3 minutes ago, smallspy said:

I haven't seen details of the schedule yet, but I have no reason to assume that it will be any different than the current mid-day schedule.

As for source - I have a number of contacts inside GO. For their protection, I'd rather not divulge their names and positions within the organization.

Dan

I guess that it sucks that the people of Guelph and Kitchener will be required to bus, but it's better than nothing. 

17 minutes ago, Streety McCarface said:

I guess that it sucks that the people of Guelph and Kitchener will be required to bus, but it's better than nothing. 

And how is that any different than today, or the past 10 years?

Don't forget that it's not just an "all or nothing" equation. There is also Greyhound and VIA.

Dan

• Like 1

Just now, smallspy said:

And how is that any different than today, or the past 10 years?

Don't forget that it's not just an "all or nothing" equation. There is also Greyhound and VIA.

Dan

We've never had much accessibity. One can only hope for posiitive changes. Most people I know loathe the Greyhound for numerous reasons, and Via is far too overpriced ( $34 + Tax one way). The fact that there is a weekend bus monopoly made by Greyhound is quite disheartening. 

Barrie Line changes are now up: http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/news/barrie/default.aspx

Starting December 31:

• Trains terminating at Aurora GO will meet with route 68C (Aurora-Newmarket GO-East Gwillimbury-Bradford-Barrie).
  • There will be no bus service to Newmarket Bus Terminal on weekends.
  • When trains are not running, train-bus services will be provided on routes 65C+68C (Union-Aurora-Barrie), 65G (Union-East Gwillimbury) and 63A (Union-King City).

Between Dec 31 and Jan 2, special bus services will run to help transition to the new service patterns. These routes will not run starting Jan 7.

• 65S Aurora GO - Wellington/404
  • 68S Aurora GO - Newmarket Bus Terminal - East Gwillimbury GO

In addition, late night trains will run on all lines except Richmond Hill Line for New Year's Eve.

• Like 1

I wish GO would be more honest with their posted bus delays.

Yesterday afternoon and evening the website was listing delays of either 20-60 minutes or an hour, when there were significantly longer delays.

I was on the 1515 westbound 27A from Finch to Milton.  We left Finch on time.  Scheduled arrival time at Milton GO is 1705.  We pulled in at 2005 - ONLY THREE HOURS LATE!

2 hours ago, cm99746 said:

I wish GO would be more honest with their posted bus delays.

Yesterday afternoon and evening the website was listing delays of either 20-60 minutes or an hour, when there were significantly longer delays.

I was on the 1515 westbound 27A from Finch to Milton.  We left Finch on time.  Scheduled arrival time at Milton GO is 1705.  We pulled in at 2005 - ONLY THREE HOURS LATE!

Look at the weather what do you expect when traffic is driving at 15 Km per hour?

On 12/15/2016 at 2:22 PM, stench said:

Hi, If I wanted to find and look at old go transit schedules from the 1990's, where would I find them? I've tried all over the interest to no availability. 

Have you tried the wayback machine? I'm not too sure how far the archives go, but i've been able to see old Newmarket B schedules from early 2000's.

• Like 1