GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

I was on board what looked to be a refurbished 2000 series bilevel. It was wrapped for I think Cuba There were new dark blue seats inserts as compared to the beige seats that are commonly found on a 2000 bilevel. Is this the one that was also repainted in the Metrolinx scheme that someone spotted at the Aldershot Yard during the TTS charter in September?

Can they not load from the curb in front instead of in the station?

Theoretically they could, but that would involve getting rid of the taxi waiting areas. Loading/unloading passengers in front of the station wouldnt an ideal situation at all.

it said the fire started near the spare tire. Whenever the brake is applied, it generates a lot of heat. If the heat cannot be dispersed, it will get hot. Every matter has their melting point.

Spare tire? Don't they mean tag wheels?

but they shouldn't have problem with clearance at terminals.

Take a look at York Mills GO terminal, there's going to be a big issue.

Maybe the H3-45 coaches as those are the tallest coaches.

<_<

If you look at their website, 3.6m for the H series. Similar to VanHool TD925 which is 3.9m!

Can they not load from the curb in front instead of in the station?

Do you know how busy it is if that happens!

Yesterday morning the CTC system finally went online on the Newmarket sub after numerous delays.

The new controlled locations are located at;
-Holland, mile 41.1 Newmarket Sub. (Bradford)
-Lefroy, mile 51.9
-Allandale, mile 62.8

This was the last stretch of non-signaled OCS territory remaining on the current GO network. The end of the paper-based method of control (aka dark territory) has arrived for us. No speeds have been changed.

Yesterday morning the CTC system finally went online on the Newmarket sub after numerous delays.

The new controlled locations are located at;

-Holland, mile 41.1 Newmarket Sub. (Bradford)

-Lefroy, mile 51.9

-Allandale, mile 62.8

This was the last stretch of non-signaled OCS territory remaining on the current GO network. The end of the paper-based method of control (aka dark territory) has arrived for us. No speeds have been changed.

What headways does that allow for? I know the section north of Newmarket is planned for 30-minute peak service. 10 mile sections should (easily) allow that, but I'm wondering what the limit is here.

What headways does that allow for? I know the section north of Newmarket is planned for 30-minute peak service. 10 mile sections should (easily) allow that, but I'm wondering what the limit is here.

You can run trains in the same direction as soon as the signals clear. So....minutes.

With the very few passing sidings along the line, however, you can't get much better than every hour and a half or so for two-way service.

Dan

Does anyone know how Go handles the rostering of the DDs? It seems at least on the routes I see regularly, 90 and 96, there are some runs that always DD, some that are always D4500s, and others which seem to be either.

Are there certain trips that have to be DD? And the others are just whatever bus happens to be available at the time? Or does the driver choose when signing on?

Does anyone know how Go handles the rostering of the DDs? It seems at least on the routes I see regularly, 90 and 96, there are some runs that always DD, some that are always D4500s, and others which seem to be either.

Are there certain trips that have to be DD? And the others are just whatever bus happens to be available at the time? Or does the driver choose when signing on?

Many GO runs are interlined with other routes as they get out to their terminals. Because of this, some runs need to be specifically allocated MCIs due to their superior range or their lack of overhead height restrictions. Then there are other runs where the bus can be either an MCI or a DD. That's what you are seeing.

Spotted 615 at Willowbrook this morning in new livery; did it undergo a re-built, an accident re-build, or are the MP40's being re-painted as a roster-wide initiative?

It got a pretty heavy overhaul in October and November, and since it had some dinged-up panels they decided to repaint it as well.

Dan

Many GO runs are interlined with other routes as they get out to their terminals. Because of this, some runs need to be specifically allocated MCIs due to their superior range or their lack of overhead height restrictions. Then there are other runs where the bus can be either an MCI or a DD. That's what you are seeing.

It's also equipment availability, there are times the DD aren't available. I had runs during splits that you don't really need DD at all, it's about easier accessibility.

There are some mandatory runs that do need DD as some have heavy runs.

It still seems that the changeover to new cars on the other corridors is rather slow. Are there training or implementation issues?

There's no additional training requirements for the new cab car on any particular line. Other than it being coincidence, my guess would be that they're mostly on the Lakeshore so that they'd have more run time/to break them in quicker.

There's no additional training requirements for the new cab car on any particular line. Other than it being coincidence, my guess would be that they're mostly on the Lakeshore so that they'd have more run time/to break them in quicker.

307 & 313 were on the Lakeshore yesterday That I saw on my trips

Well, also the fact that half of the runs on any given weekday are Lakeshore runs, so that's also a factor.

Also, the 9 Milton trains seem to cycle independently of the equipment on the other lines. Equipment seems to live out there for weeks at a time.

Dan

Someone edited the wiki saying that 8131 is retired; can anyone here confirm it is indeed retired?

For that minor damage?? But no it has not been confirmed. So far it is in storage and might even be rebuilt.