GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

Alrighty, so I have asked numerous GO Transit drivers if they knew of the upcoming RHC/Pearson/Square One route, ALL of them said they did not. They did say that the start of it corresponds with a board meeting around that time.

so, this means we have to wait for info ??? :P:D

Today I saw Orion V #2015 on the 401 driving with the engine cover/hood/lid open! I doubt the driver noticed it, kind of hard to see the back of the bus with mirrors...First time ever seeing something like that. Unless it popped up somehow during the trip I don't know, but it's pretty unsafe if you ask me. At least the engine was running cold!

Today I saw Orion V #2015 on the 401 driving with the engine cover/hood/lid open! I doubt the driver noticed it, kind of hard to see the back of the bus with mirrors...First time ever seeing something like that. Unless it popped up somehow during the trip I don't know, but it's pretty unsafe if you ask me. At least the engine was running cold!

I remember back when the D40-90 were at Danforth, this would happen a lot. And some flyers. I remember seeing a MT GM Artic like that once.

I've seen a couple TTC Newlooks driving around the city like that over the years, the most recent one I've seen was sometime last year actually.

I've seen this a number of times. I once saw an MCI with it's full lower engine doors open, another MCI with it's left light...thingy...open. One driver told me she was driving a 15xx when the same light hatch opened.

Where woudl the Georgetown South corridor be? If it'll be an existing subdivision, then which?

The Georgetown South corridor is the part of the line between Union and Bramalea.

GO was smart to split up the improvements into two project. Improvements at Brampton, Mount Pleasant & Georgetown stations are underway, even though the other half of the line is in a stalled EA.

The problem with Prevost is parts, they are more difficult to find for some of the components and they've rust early. Besides, they aren't transit users friendly.

As much I like the ride of the Prevost in terms of their suspension that feels like a cloud and the only coach that can recline at the back, they rattle too much.

These Prevosts would make very good coaches. Many of them are used to transport rock stars like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Marilyn Manson, etc.

Well... it's official.. (sourced from the yrt.ca website)

Beginning April 27, 2008, a NEW GO Transit route will provide service between Richmond Hill Centre Terminal, Pearson International Airport and Square One Shopping Centre.

This new route will provide hourly non-stop service, seven days a week as follows:

* Westbound from Richmond Hill Centre Terminal to Pearson International Airport to Square One Shopping Centre

* First trip departs at 4:20 a.m. with trips departing hourly until the last trip departs at 1:20 a.m. (next day).

* Eastbound from Pearson International Airport to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal

* First trip departs at 4:25 a.m. with trips departing hourly until the last trip departs at 1:25 a.m. (next day).

GO Transit fares apply for this service. Please visit http://www.gotransit.com for more details.

The new Square One RHC route will be signed as Route 40. The S1 to RHC branch will be deisingated as 40 while the S1 to Pearson segment will be 40A. In adition the following service changes will be effective April 26th:

• All short turn Bus trips from Aldershot to Burlington will be cancelled
  • Route 21 will see a major improvement with new time revisions and doubling up of some busy bus trips. First trip will now depart Union at 0720 hrs (two buses)
  • Route 31 will see the additon of new weekday bus trips and thirty minute service in the evening. Times have been adjusted to reflect actual running times.
  • Route 37 is now designated as the Orangeville service with the additon of two new trips
  • Route 38 is now designated as the Bolton service
  • Wonderland service Route 60 will now be incorprated into the GO Transit tariff with regular applicable tariff rates. Wonderland will be classified in the Richmond Hill zone which is currently Zone 61.
  • Route 71 has been revised with the additon of some intermediate time adjustments to reflect actual running times.

The new Square One RHC route will be signed as Route 40. The S1 to RHC branch will be deisingated as 40 while the S1 to Pearson segment will be 40A. In adition the following service changes will be effective April 26th:
  • Route 21 will see a major improvement with new time revisions and doubling up of some busy bus trips. First trip will now depart Union at 0720 hrs (two buses)
  • Route 31 will see the additon of new weekday bus trips and thirty minute service in the evening. Times have been adjusted to reflect actual running times.
  • Route 37 is now designated as the Orangeville service with the additon of two new trips
  • Wonderland service Route 60 will now be incorprated into the GO Transit tariff with regular applicable tariff rates. Wonderland will be classified in the Richmond Hill zone which is currently Zone 61.
  • Route 71 has been revised with the additon of some intermediate time adjustments to reflect actual running times.

Now all they need to do is get rid of the darn Route 64 detour to Rutherford GO Station. I don't see why people can't just wait on Keele, less than a km away from Rutherford. Drivers HATE the diversion and, if they can, they contact other drivers to see if they actually need to go in there. ;)

Now all they need to do is get rid of the darn Route 64 detour to Rutherford GO Station. I don't see why people can't just wait on Keele, less than a km away from Rutherford. Drivers HATE the diversion and, if they can, they contact other drivers to see if they actually need to go in there. ;)

Does'nt 107B service Rutherford GO? There's always someone there waiting to connect from TTC for a GO.

Does'nt 107B service Rutherford GO? There's always someone there waiting to connect from TTC for a GO.

107B services Rutherford indeed, but only in the rare instance does GO 64 ever pick up/drop off anybody. Keele isn't far away, so I can't see that being a problem.

Hey 2020...

Are the route 31 service improvements for off-peak service, or just additional homebound trips in the evening?

New westbound trip departing Brampton Terminal at 0830 arriving Bramalea 0851 to meet 0905 train to Union arriving 0938

New westbound trip departing Brampton Terminal at 0935 arriving Bramalea 0956 to meet 1015 train to Union arriving 1048

New eastbound trip departing Union at 1350 arriving Bramalea Centre 1425

New eastbound trip departing Union at 1350 arriving Brampton Terminal 1430

New eastbound trip (adjusted five minutes later) to depart Union Bus Terminal at 1835 arriving Gerorgetown 1941

1915 departure from Union now extended to Georgetown arriving 2031

1930 departure from Union adjusted to depart ten minutes later arriving Georegetown 2046

1935 departure adjusted to depart Union five minutes later arriving Bramalea Centre 2010

New westbound trip departing Union at 1945 operating express to Brampton then all stops to Geoergetown arriving 2056

2005 westbound trip adjusted, express to Brampton then all stops to Georgetown arriving 2116

2025 westbound trip adjusted, express to Brampton then all stops to Georgetown arriving 2136

2045 westbound trip adjusted, express to Brampton then all stops to Guelph arriving 2240

2110 westbound trip adjusted, express to Brampton then all stops to Gerogetown arriving 2221

2140 westbound trip adjusted, express to Brampton then all stops to Georgetown arriving 2251

Starting at 2200 to 0030 service wil opertae every thrity minutes on the hour and half

"30" trips express to Malton then all stops to Georgetown

"00" trips express to Malton then all stops to Brampton

last trip at 0130 express to Malton then all stops to Georgetown.

Note that trips from 2230 to 0130 will discharge on passenger request only from Norval to Georgetown and many bus platform changes to take place. Pay close attention to bulletins which will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.

Are there any of train trip changes/additions along with revisions to the bus schedules along the Milton Corridor? Weekend service to Lisgar would be nice. Is the route 40 timed to transfer with any of the other routes serving Square One?

I don't see a Route 37 or 38 on the list of GO schedules.

How extensive are the improvements on Route 21?

Are there any of train trip changes/additions along with revisions to the bus schedules along the Milton Corridor? Weekend service to Lisgar would be nice. Is the route 40 timed to transfer with any of the other routes serving Square One?

No weekend service to Lisgar for this service change.

Saturday trip departing Meadowvale at 2125 adjusted to depart five minutes earlier arriving Union 2235

New weekday bus trip departing Union at 0620 making all stops to Milton arriving 0815

Weekday bus trip departing Union at 0720 split. One bus operates express to Erindale then all stops to Milton, the other to Dixie, Cooksville and S1

Weekday bus trip departing Union at 0820 split. (same as above)

Weekday bus trip departing Union at 0920 split (same as above)

Weekday bus trip departing Union at 1020 split (same as above)

New weekday bus trip departing Union at 1120 to Erindale and Lisgar arriving 1215

New westbound bus trip departing Union at 2120 operating express to Meadowvale then all stops to Milton (no Lisgar)

New westbound bus trip departing Union at 2130 to Dixie, Cooksville and S1

Weekday bus trip departing Union at 0020 now split. One bus making all stops to S1 the other express to Erindale then all stops to Milton (no Lisgar)

Weekday bus trip departing Union at 0120 now split. (same as above)

In addition to these changes many trips departing Union have been adjusted from five to ten minutes to reflect actual trip time. Two weekday trips have been extended to S1 while the 1520 departure from Union has been extended to serve Lisgar.

Pay close attention to bulletins in the upcoming weeks as there will be many platfom changes at Union

I'll have to take a closer look at Route 40 with connections to Routes 45,46,47,48 etc. Also platform changes coming to S1 Terminal as well.

Quite extensive in terms of splitting some higher capacity trips to improve the quality of service while reducing crowding and standees.

Routes 37 and 38 will not appear to the public until about early April.

I think the 37 and 38 are the current routes 41 and 42. With the introduction of the route 40, I think GO's just trying to group the route numbers together based on the corridor they serve. Hence the 40's running along the western 407 while the 50's on the eastern 407. Looking at the rest of the routes I can pick out the 20's as Mississauga-Milton-Guelph-(K-W/C), 30's serving the Brampton/Caledon-Georgetown-Guelph corridor, 60's are the North corridors, 70 the Markham-Stouffville-Uxbridge corridor, 80's northern Durham and 90's southern Durham. The 10's tend to be routes running from the Lakeshore corridor (1-9) to elsewhere in the network. Essentially the route numbers begin on the Lakeshore West line and increase as you arc from Hamilton to Newcastle.

It took me a while to figure out what S1 was in all the other posts. I was thinking "shuttle"? Realizing that it was Square One when put in the context of route 21. The conventional abbreviation for it is Sq. 1.