TC40-102N

You can get it too, up to 160x160. I haven't upped it for the entire board but its looking like I should do that.

Shouldn't be too hard to do that. I think you go to

Admin CP (at the top right) > Tools and Settings > User Profiles > Maximum avatar dimensions > Update Settings

Not a bad 1,000 post.

To answer the person's question how to get a full image in 120x120 is you use a program to crop a larger photo so that you only see what you want to see in that 120x120 square. You'll probably need to combine both resize and crop techniques to fit something useful in 120x120 though :mellow:

Gimp is a free image editing with capabilities comparable to Photoshop (as far as I've heard anyway).

Irfanview is a smaller and lighter-weight application which does simple image manipulation quite easily.

I'll just quickly explain how you can create an Ashton-style avatar with Irfanview :blink:

First in Irfanview, open up a suitable image by going to File --> Open

1_open.jpg

Then go to Edit --> Create Custom Crop Selection

2_crop.jpg

On the right side for Width and Height enter in something like 500 for both boxes (it doesn't really matter what number it is right now, but it's important that both width and height are equal to make a square)

Once you click Apply to Image, you'll be returned to the original editing screen and you'll end up with a box. The inside of this box is what you will see after you "crop" the image. But first you need to select what you want to "see". You can move the box around by dragging the box with your right mouse button (not left), and you can resize the box by holding down Control/CTRL while dragging the sides of the box (it's important that you hold down CTRL to preserve the squareness of the box). So you'll eventually end up with something like this:

3_box.jpg

Then go to Edit --> Crop Selection to actually perform the crop.

After that you'll need to resize your image because it might not be 160x160, so go to Image --> Resize/Resample.

4_resize.jpg

In the "Set New Size" boxes, make sure the Width and Height are still equal. If one is different from another, then you've likely screwed up the square while cropping (forgot to hold down CTRL?). If they're still equal, then change the Width to 160 (or any other number you want). The Height should automatically change to 160. Click OK and the image should be resized.

5_result.jpg

Tada! Okay Ashton's still looks better, but that's the idea on cropping photos :o

Also if you want a free animation program, search Google for Microsoft GIF Animator.

Shouldn't be too hard to do that. I think you go to

Admin CP (at the top right) > Tools and Settings > User Profiles > Maximum avatar dimensions > Update Settings

Not a bad 1,000 post.

Thats only For IPB Other Ones Are not that easy to do it on

Nope wrong. I had a free 8 hour trial on a Invinsionboard, same program like CPTDB is using. Please get your facts straight before making yourself look like a fool.

Yeah, it's not hard to do, I just haven't done it. :mellow:

Anyday now, eh? Lol.

Nope wrong. I had a free 8 hour trial on a Invinsionboard, same program like CPTDB is using. Please get your facts straight before making yourself look like a fool.

Invision board = IPB = Invision Power Board.

YOU get your facts straight. :mellow:

Invision board = IPB = Invision Power Board.

YOU get your facts straight. :mellow:

He stated that on a "IBP" board, it wasn't easy to change the avatar dimension. As I demonstrated in the post above, it was easy. So Classic-fun still has to get his facts straight because it isnt hard to do.

Also I didn't know IPB was the same as Invinsion Free. I'm not a friggen pointdexter pro at this.

He stated that on a "IBP" board, it wasn't easy to change the avatar dimension. As I demonstrated in the post above, it was easy. So Classic-fun still has to get his facts straight because it isnt hard to do.

Also I didn't know IPB was the same as Invinsion Free. I'm not a frggen pointdexter pro at this.

Where did you get IPB from? He said "other ones" are harder to do.

Fixing his grammar, you can see:

[fixed]

That is only for IPB. Other ones are not that easy to do it on.

BTW, if you're not a "poindexter pro" at this information, why did you have to say that his facts weren't straight when yours weren't?

My two cents.

Back on topic now... :mellow:

Where did you get IPB from? He said "other ones" are harder to do.

Fixing his grammar, you can see:

BTW, if you're not a "poindexter pro" at this information, why did you have to say that his facts weren't straight when yours weren't?

My two cents.

Ok let's just stop. We're basically taking cheap shots at each other which isn't alowed on this board. Let's restart.

For Classic=fun post, i thought he ment IPB wsnt easy to change the avatar dimension because I didn't notice they were 2 sentence all along. Now that you've fixed it, I can see, I was wrong. Ok?

Note: Member's need to take the time to preview their posting to make sure their grammer is correct, so people like me for example, doesn't get the wrong story.

Note: Member's need to take the time to preview their posting to make sure their grammer is correct, so people like me for example, doesn't get the wrong story.

Please take your own advice, and take a look at spelling.

lol it doesn't matter. School Keyboards are pieces of Sh*t, I can never type Grammatically Correct using them there sooooooooo small. (that was anoying to type as my eye was twitching the whole time)

Moving on... it has been decided to make the maximum width 160x160.

Awesome! I'm H A P P Y! :)

av-happy.jpg